Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Charles Rutherford, MD
Dr. Charles Rutherford, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Rutherford is affiliated with Medical City Dallas and Medical City Children's Hospital.

7777 Forest Ln Bldg C

Dallas, TX 75230

• Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Rutherford

Bounce back faster from Joint Replacement Surgery with minimally invasive techniques of hip and knee replacements.

Dr. Rutherford's Experience

Dr. Rutherford's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Med College Of Virginia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Mayo Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Rutherford has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rutherford does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rutherford and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Rutherford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rutherford to family and friends
Dr. Rutherford's Performance
in Richardson, TX |
I recently had the second knee replaced by Dr Rutherford. Both procedures were uncomplicated and had other patients at the Physical Therapy office wondering why my legs were not as swollen as theirs. Dr Rutherford thought from the X-ray of the lastest knee that he could do a partial replacement using a robot, but when he looked at the knee decided I needed a complete replacement. I left that decision to him. Dr Rutherford does not cut the muscles that are by the knee. as some surgeons do.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Was just going through old files and saw my knee replacement done by Dr. Rutherford in 7/93. No problems to this day, (knock on wood), which I feel is testimony in itself.
in Mount Vernon, Tx |
I am three weeks out from total knee replacement by Dr. Charles Rutherford. My experience with Dr. Rutherford was beyond expectations from the aspect of professional care including pre-surgery and post-surgery. I approached surgery informed and confident of the procedure. Every aspect of care provided by Dr. Rutherford, his staff, Medical City, the nurses, and physical therapists was beyond reproach. I will confidently recommend Dr. Rutherford to all my family and friends. Mike Edwards
in Carrolllton, TX |
I had Dr. Rutherford perform hip replacement on one side 5 years ago and wouldn't want anyone else to do my other hip now! He and his staff are so professional and skilled and made my experience as positive as it could be.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Rutherford and staff have been wonderful to work with. Great surgeon...explains everything clearly and with a caring attitude listens to my concerns. Hip healed very well and no complications with any aspect. I have already recommended him and his staff to all.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Rutherford is a very experienced and skillful surgeon who takes the time to listen and really talk with his patients about their health issues. He offers good advice and is conservative when it comes to treatment. He wants to avoid surgery if possible, which is a good philosophy, in my opinion. He is not going to rush into surgery if the patient can live a reasonable life with other treatment. I have the utmost confidence in his care.
Denton TX |
A very organized clinic. I didn't have to wait --Dr Rutherford saw me within a few minutes of my appointment time. He is very knowledgeable and was willing to answer my questions about hip replacements. He is also a very polite person. The kind of doctor who inspires confidence in a patient.
in Texarkana, TX |
In my opinion, an excellent orthopedic with an exceptional staff. EVERY consideration was thought of with the PATIENT in mind. The entire process could not have been easier. My physical therapist was impressed as well- from the cut on the knee to the speed of recovery....just do what they tell you to do.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Rutherford and his staff were very accommodating and helpful. Dr. Rutherford took time to listen to my concerns and answered my questions to my satisfaction. His assistant was also most helpful in getting the date and time of my surgery scheduled. I feel very confident in having Dr. Rutherford perform my knee surgery.
in Paris, TX |
My appointment was at 3pm and I was escorted to the exam room at 3:01pm ...... a really nice start to a fine meeting with Dr Rutherford. The visit from x-rays, consultation, diagnosis, and recommendation was highly professional. It all exceeded my expectations.
in Dallas, TX |
I recently received a total hip replacement performed by Dr. Charles Rutherford. At 4 weeks post surgery my new hip is excellent and at times I forget I even had it done! Great pain-free mobility and a new lease on life. Dr. Rutherford and his very helpful and pleasant staff combined with the new and awesome facilities at Medical City made my experience as good as it could be. Tremendous expertise, helpful and friendly staff and state of the art facilities! 5 STARS!!!
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Rutherford is an easy going, attentive practitioner who clearly presented a diagnosis and gave me an injection for hip bursitis.
in Dallas, TX |
I wish I had another hip to be replaced.....Dr. Rutherford has literally changed my life. I now have a new lease on life.
Dallas, TX |
Takes time to listen and so many doctors don't!! I was seen by him for the first time while I was in the hospital and he was kind enough to see me at 10:30 PM. Very kind.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Rutherford has replaced both of my knees and I think he is absolutely the best! I recovered so fast both times and I know it was because of the skill of Dr. Rutherford.
Texarkana |
Highly recommend Dr. Rutherford.
in Dallas, TX |
I fell injuring previous knee replacement. I spent 5 weeks frustrated trying to see Dr Rutherford at the request of the ER physician. One problem after the other with demands from "Sandra." Finally requested paperwork in and I call Sandra. She said "Rani" refused to allow me see Mr Rutherford. Stated reason, He doesn't do shoulders and don't do knees that had already been replaced. I had been near hysteria with the complications from this injury. No care or compassion to even check my knee.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Rutherford has treated me and friends of the family for various orthopedic issues and all outcomes are very good. Dr. Rutherford is compete in his assessment of the patient's issues and proposed treatment.
in Arlington tx |
I had both knees replaced 6 weeks apart and had seen 5 other Drs.for their opinions and all of them concurred that that my knees were so bad and stiff not to expect to bend them over 90 degrees. Dr.Rutherford did an amazing job on both knees and I have referred over a dozen friends with the same great outcome
Dallas, TX |
Excellent surgeon. Recovery was uncomplicated. Questions were answered clearly. Office staff is very good.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Rutherford, MD?
Are you Dr. Rutherford?