Dr. Charles Ruland, MD

Dr. Charles Ruland, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Anne Arundel Orthopedic Sgns 2003 Medical Pkwy Ste 400 Annapolis, MD 21401 Get Directions

Dr. Charles Ruland, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Annapolis, MD. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Ruland is affiliated with Anne Arundel Medical Center.

Dr. Ruland's Experience

See how Dr. Ruland's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ruland

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ruland has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ruland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ruland to family and friends
Dr. Ruland's Performance
in Crofton, MD |
Dr. Ruland is very professional & informative. He takes time with his patient's & makes you feel comfortable and at ease. He listens to your concerns, address the issue & offers solutions.
in Severna Park, MD |
Dr. Charles Ruland and the entire staff are excellent. Very caring and a fun staff too. First visit was my knee, second was my foot, thirds visit was to see how both injuries were doing. Overall the staff and Dr. Ruland are exceptional.
in Edgewater, MD |
The best orthopedic surgery doctor what I ever see! Thanks God this doctor in our Anne Arundel region! Thank you Doc for excellent surgery on my arthroscopic rotator cuff repair. It was awesome job! God bless you! I'll thankful to you for the rest of my life!
Pasadena, MD |
The Doc was straight forward with what had to be done and explained what was going to take place during the operation and what the recook time would be. I like too that is appointments we pretty close to the time requested.
in Churchton, MD |
I am thankful to have found Dr. Ruland. What I thought to be a rotator tear turned into a biceps tendon tear along with a SLAP tear. Doc carefully explained the procedures and possibilities, and he was very clear in what to expect concerning recovery time. The scars from my incisions are hardly visible, unlike others from my dermatologist. Very clean. Recovery followed exactly as suggested. I highly recommend Dr. Ruland. Remember you help him by putting your effort into physical therapy!
in Bowie,MD |
Dr.Charles Ruland is the best.Took wonderful care of me from day 1.Had a very successful surgery.
in Prince Frederick, MD |
Dr. Ruland has provided medical care for me over the last year. He is professional, takes time to answer any questions I may have and explains exactly I/we need to do going forward. And, I have never felt rushed.
in Annapolis, MD |
Dr. Ruland continues to provide high quality care coupled with a strong and personalized commitment to patient communications. His surgical skills are beyond reproach, but what makes him stand out is how much time and care he devotes to his patients' social and emotional concerns.
in Arnold, Md. |
Dr. Ruland is an incredible surgeon. He successfully repaired a very large rotator cuff tear so that my pain is totally gone. Besides being a wonderful surgeon he is a very kind and comforting doctor. Everyone on his staff is pleasant and polite. My only complaint about the practice is having to fill out the same form EVERY visit. Thank you, Dr. Ruland. Marcey Miller
in Maryland |
Dr. Ruland performed shoulder surgery on both my husband and myself. We both were very pleased with the results of those procedures and with Dr. Ruland. At all times, he listened to us, took the time to explain the procedure, and made sure we were progressing properly afterwards. We highly recommend Dr. Ruland.
in Edgewater, MD |
Today was my first time in the office. I had no problems getting an appointment, I scheduled the day before. Dr. Ruland was friendly, responsive to my questions and forthcoming with details to educate and inform me of my condition with my knee. It was also convenient for them to have xray facility on-site, so that he could quickly diagnose my issue without back-and-forth visits. All in all I was pleased with my visit but had what I believe to be a weird response to the cortisone shot in my knee.
in Bowie, MD |
I have had three injuries, each resulting in a rotator cuff repair. From diagnosis to surgery, Dr. Ruland provided a very comprehensive approach to each phase. He is an extremely talented, competent and qualified professional. Above all, he respects and listens to you. He has an excellent "bedside" manner. I highly recommend him.
Annapolis, Md. |
Dr. Ruland was very good at communicating, and was very timely in treating my knee. The staff was very helpful and physical therapy is right in his Annapolis office.
in Annapolis, MD |
Dr Ruland is both very professional and friendly. He did an excellent job doing the rotator cuff repair. My recovery is going better than could be expected due to his expertise
in Arnold, MD |
Dr. Ruland has a very nice bedside manner in his approach to me. He has always very gently worked on my knee. I believe he even cares about me as a person, not just as his patient. I am very grateful for the care that he has shown me.
Annapolis, MD |
I have found Dr. Ruland to be professional, respectful and empathetic. He is willing to explain any and all medical findings without being condescending, and has been cheerful and enthusiastic about my condition's potential for improvement. I have been extremely pleased with his care and expertise.
in Annapolis, MD |
Dr. Charles Ruland ordered the tests needed to give an accurate diagnosis, he has been very thorough, takes the time to answer questions, set follow-up appointments to assess my progress after a series of physical therapy appointments. He explained in layman's terms what was going on with me medically.
in Annapolis, MD |
My daughter tore her meniscus at the beginning of her senior varsity soccer season. Dr. Ruland understood her desire to get back on the field and scheduled her surgery within one week of her injury. We were very pleased with his care for her.
in Bowie, Maryland |
I have been a patient of Dr. Ruland for the past two and a half years addressing knee problems. I've experienced knee problems since I was 12 years old and of all the Orthopedic Surgeons I've visited over the years, he is clearly the best! He listens very well and has always provided clear and concise answers to any questions I may have. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to anyone who experiences knee problems. They will be in under the care of the best!
Millersville, MD |
I have a knee injury possible torn meniscus. Said they have to review by the Dr's first before making an appointment. I received a call back that they would not take me as a patient with no explanation. Thought it was a workmans comp case which it was not I explained. They didn't even see my referral from primary Dr or even ask what the reason was. I have great insurance. I called back my primary and said not to refer that office anymore. I've found a much better office to see and ratings.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Ruland, MD?
Are you Dr. Ruland?

Compare Dr. Ruland

Dr. Ruland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Ruland has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ruland's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

Union Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1994

So Calif or Institute

Completed in 1995

Dr. Ruland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ruland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic