Dr. Charles Rios, MD

Practices Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Disabilities

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 138 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Rios evaluated our 9 year-old son. The evaluation took place over 4 days and was very thorough from start to finish. Dr. Rios took time to explain the findings and the importance of continued growth in social skills, such as perspective-taking, interpreting nonverbal language and conflict resolution and the direct connection these skills have in school, jobs, etc. In the future I will be happy to recommend him, both personally and professionally. Thank you, Dr. Rios!
Author:
Never got to see the doctor. I emailed for a new appointment for my son, and received an email back from the office manager. She did not come off as very friendly in her response and informed me that the doctor does not see older children anymore. My son is 11. So I emailed back for clarity and was again told that he does not see pre-teens or teens. For a doctor that treats anxiety and ADHD in children, you would think that pre-teens and teens would be a group that he would welcome.
Author:
EXCELLENT experience all around. My son was evaluated this summer and it took 4 appointments. When you are there, you feel like you are the only patient he has because he gives lots of time and attention to each patient. I really appreciated this and do not normally get this service with other providers. He and his staff was very knowledgeable and my son felt like he was going to play with friends. He still talks about going to see Dr Mike!
Author:
The staff at Dr. Rios office made getting our son tested for autism a good experience and where helpful to answer our questions and have our 13 month old with us through the process.
Author:
Bradyn responded so well to Dr. Rios, and his whole facility. He went in for diagnosis, and was so comfortable there, that he was able to complete the required tests and examinations with very little difficulty. I felt very confident that the analysis was based on a very good representation of my son's abilities as a result. Even though we have the diagnosis, and will not be going back to see Dr. Rios for some time, my son keeps asking to go and see him - : D
We love Dr. Rios!
Author:
It was a pleasure working with Dr. Rios and his team over the course of four visits for my son's recent evaluation. Dr. Rios spends considerable time with his patients and addresses the needs of the whole family. He is a treasure in care of our children and a wealth of knowledge in his field. The initial intake materials to complete online may take some time; however, all visits are preceded by texts and are very responsive to changes.
Author:
Dr Rios is very knowledgeable in his field, was reassuring to us with our concerns and great with our son when he was evaluated. Highly recommend him!
Author:
We are very happy with Dr Rios and his practice. He was kind, knowledgeable, and instantly connected with our son showing a genuine interest in his struggles. His diagnosis was thorough and he was able to answer all of our questions.
Author:
Dr. Rios and his staff are AMAZING. Our entire experience with him and his whole team was wonderful. Even before we entered the office I felt like we gave a thorough history and what issues we needed addressed with our son. The evaluation process was a multiple appointment process, which was perfect for us. We felt like the attention we received was caring and helpful to say the least. We were encouraged, and informed. I have and will continue to refer Dr. Rios to others!
Author:
Dr. Rios and his staff were a pleasure to work with. We went in with some difficult issues, lots of questions, and were pretty nervous about the possible diagnosis. Dr. Rios gave us a thorough diagnosis following an in-depth (and painless) assessment as well as information on where to go from there. He was extremely reassuring that this diagnosis was not the end of the world and that there was a lot that could be done to help our son.
Author:
Dr Rios was great and thorough in his assessment. However, he didn't give us any guidance or resources other than a book on how to help my son with his ADHD. He just said to have patience. Literally, that is all he said. Even when we asked how we could help him because he wasn't in need of medication. I need more guidance from a professional when I've done so much work and paid money to have a diagnosis. Just because he wasn't a "severe case" doesn't mean we still don't have struggles.
We recommend to parents with children whom we have diagnosed with an attention disorder to obtain cognitive behavior therapy from a psychologist. If the disorder is severe or if therapy does not help, we recommend a medication consultation with a psychiatrist.
Author:
Dr Rios and his staff are friendly and professional. He took the time to get to know us and give an accurate diagnosis.
Author:
I was prepared for the worst. What my child would never do. I didn't get that at all. Dr. Rios was amazing and pleasant and just awesome. He provided me with a pretty hefty amount of info that my insurance company would maybe ask for. He also said the center, the insurance company, basically anyone could call him anytime for any more info. The Lego filled office was my son's dreamland and my husband didn't want to leave either. His office staff, just lovely. I can't recommend him enough.
Author:
Dr. Rios was so kind and caring. His office is super helpful and very fast in responding. Dr. Rios worked to identify what was going on with our child and recommended treatment that has made a big difference in our son. We highly recommend Dr. Rios!
Author:
Dr. Rios was a pleasure to work with. He was able to get us in quickly (much faster than any other wait time we'd been told) and was very matter-of-fact about all of his findings. We went in knowing what the diagnosis would be, and he was great about making sure we knew this wasn't a horrible thing and offered a couple of suggestions for places to look at for support. Would (and have) recommended him to others.
Author:
Dr Rios takes the time to share his extensive experience with the perfect balance of empathy and professionalism. He is fantastic
Author:
Dr Rios is very flexible, accommodating and helpful in getting diagnosis and prescription as per patient convenience
Author:
Dr. Rios was very thorough in his assessment of my child. He genuinely cares and wants what is best for his patients. He was very accommodating and able to see us within a very reasonable amount of time. I have had to request records from his office on several occasions and they ALWAYS respond promptly. I highly recommend Dr. Rios!!
Author:
Very thorough in his assessment. He provided multiple practical resources for my daughter to be successful.
Author:
Dr Rios was very personable and professional with the help of the diagnosis of Autism for my child. We were able to laugh and joke about the latest movie which lightened the atmosphere. Love the paintings in the waiting room.
Author:
Dr Rios is a compassionate, highly qualified doctor that assessed our twins. His background working at Scottish Rite and his expertise of Dyslexia is outstanding. Our family has been impressed by his helpful and knowledgeable staff, which includes Lawanna, who administered an autism screening. Dr. Rios has developed a rapport with each of our children, thus making them feel at ease while recognizing the sensitive needs of them as individuals. We would highly recommend Dr. Rios.
Author:
Was recommended to us by a behavioral school for her evaluations because we just moved to the area from another state. Not sure what this doctor does, but didn't see us due to high deductible insurance. Not sure if this office realizes that most insurance companies don't pay alot of behavioral services. We have a great HSA and knew we would be paying up front at each visit up front. They then replied with the fact that they didn't have the resources to help her. Great! I hate wasting money.
We file procedures under medical benefits. Deductibles must be met before insurance companies pay benefits. We charge the allowed amount for our procedures which are set by the insurance company. We are only in network with major PPO networks. If we are in a patient's PPO network, then we file a claim on behalf of the patient so that the deductible will be lowered
Author:
Dr. Rios and his entire staff were friendly, warm, and made you feel at home. Their expertise was outstanding and they explain it to you in a way that you can understand. They do not throw out a bunch of medical jargon that is difficult to comprehend. I have nothing but amazing things to say about our experience with their practice. Very genuine Doctor who listens to your concerns and places no judgement on you. Would recommend anyone to them in a heart beat
Author:
The worst interaction I've ever had with a physician in my life. When we were surprised by my child's Autism diagnosis, he was offended. At a time when we just needed answers, he rushed us out of his office without any. He said "were you not expecting this?" No. Actually, we weren't. And it's just a hard thing to take in, even if somewhere inside you know it's true. He was cold, and even mean about it. He didn't give us any help about what to do next. Horrible on a day we needed compassion.
We encounter parents who are in denial that their child has autism. We go over an Autism Spectrum Rating Scale in the first appointment that the parents completed prior to the appointment. We also do an autism spectrum observation schedule in the second appointment. We check cognitive ability in the third appointment. So by the time we wrap up with a diagnosis in the fourth appointment the parents should already know if we have found their child to be autistic. Rudeness is not tolerated.
Author:
Such a wonderful practice! We always felt at home, no judgement, and able to get answers to guide us on how to help our son and his needs. We can't say enough good things about Dr. Rios!
Author:
I would like to encourage other parents to Put Dr Rios on the TOP of your list and make it a priority to have your child see Dr Rios. My husband and I have been through so much with our Noah who just turned 5 this month and had no direction and were so frustrated understanding which path to take to have our Noah diagnosed with Autism. From The website to the Diagnosis Office Visit we have been treated with LOVE and KINDNESS! Blessed to have Dr Rios and Staff!
Author:
We took our 3.5 year old daughter to Dr. Rios in May 2016 at the recommendation of our pediatrician. The process of completing the online application to our first office visit went smoothly and quickly. Their facilities were wonderful and made our daughter feel completely at ease. Dr. Rios's staff is amazing and provides a great level of personal care. Dr. Rios has answered questions for us even after our final visit and has provided us with additional resources. I highly recommend Dr. Rios.
Author:
We had great experience with my son's evaluation, even I had conflicting schedule between one of the appointments and the office was kind enough to change the appointment without giving me any problems, they provided letters of medical necessity and referrals that my son needed even after the appointment. The office and administrative personnel are kind and fast to respond to emails, Don Rios is very diligent and organized. I have had one of the best experiences with this practice.
Author:
Dr. Rios is compassionate and caring. He also really knows his stuff. Without him my son would still be struggling with treatments that may or may not work. He helped point us in the right direction with the right treatment. My only regret is not finding him sooner.
Author:
Amazing! Staff was super friendly, knowledgable and excellent with my child. Dr. Rios and his staff got my child in the same week I called for an appointment, no waiting lists. I highly recommend Dr. Rios!
Author:
Dr Rios was the missing puzzle to my son's diagnosis. He spent extra time reviewing my son's history, tests results and recommendations with me. He was able to communicate in way that help me pull it all together. I really felt he cared and wanted the best for his future.
Author:
Dr. Rios and his staff are super friendly. They were very good with my boys as well as comfortable to speak with regarding their issues. They made my family feel very welcome from the get go. Also, they got us on the schedule very quickly and always got us in early for our appointments.
Author:
Excited to have another dev pedi in the Austin area! Coordinating the appointment was done via email which was so much easier than the usual phone tag involved with scheduling. Appreciated being able to complete new patient paperwork and questionnaires online ahead of the appointment rather than doing it the day of while trying to juggle/wrangle my toddler at the same time. Dr. Rios was very easy going, friendly, personable and reasonable. Our experience overall was excellent and refreshing!