Dr. C Vincent Phillips, MD

Dr. C Vincent Phillips, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. C Vincent Phillips, MD is a general surgery specialist in Bakersfield, CA and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from Baylor University in 1975 and specializes in general surgery, breast surgical oncology, and more.

Riverwalk Surgical Associates, Bakersfield, CA

3838 San Dimas St Ste B231

Bakersfield, CA 93301

• GEMCare
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net of California
  • Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Plan
  • Triwest

Learn about Dr. Phillips

See how frequently Dr. Phillips performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hernia Repair
Abdominal Disorders
high
Appendectomy, Open
high

Dr. Phillips's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Phillips "As a surgical specialist, I will not replace your primary care physician. I am a general surgeon and will limit my practice to the areas of expertise with which I feel comfortable. Your primary care physician is your ?general manager? and will continue to meet most of your health care and health maintenance needs. I am a practicing board certified general surgeon. I am a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. I entered the practice of surgery in 1980 in Bakersfield and have been practicing continuously since that time. I maintain active staff privileges at Millennium Surgery Center and Bakersfield Memorial Hospital. My practice is devoted exclusively to general surgery. General surgery encompasses a wide variety of medical conditions. My expertise includes surgical treatment of diseases of the thyroid, diseases of the breast such as breast cancer and other conditions, essentially all intra-abdominal organs, most commonly gallstones and other diseases of the gallbladder, treatment of gastro esophageal reflux disease and hiatal hernias, diseases of the colon such as colon cancer or diverticulitis, diseases of the stomach and liver. Repair of all hernias is a common surgical procedure. These including inguinal, ventral, abdominal and umbilical hernias. At times, hernia repair requires the use of mesh and other hernias can be repaired primarily without the use of mesh reinforcement. I deal with a large variety of lumps, bumps and skin cancers. I have been certified in general surgery since 1980 and I have successfully undertaken recertification in 1990, 2000 and again in 2010. I have seen the treatment of many surgical conditions move to an outpatient setting as opposed to hospital setting. This has not only been safe but frequently better for the patient. At times, a hospital setting is still required for major surgical endeavors. The laparoscopic approach is frequently used to deal with surgical conditions. Other surgical conditions still require a traditional approach. I firmly believe that the risk of surgery should be less than the potential benefit before any surgical endeavor is undertaken. Fortunately, the risk for most surgical procedures is very low."

• General Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Baylor University
    Medical School | Graduated 1975
  • Kern Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1976
  • Kern Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979

Dr. Phillips has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Phillips does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Phillips and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Phillips' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Phillips to family and friends
3.8
based on 25 total reviews (5 with comments)

Dr. Phillips' Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Bakersfield, CA
I have (and would again) trust this man with my life - without any hesitation whatsoever. Dr. Phillips is not only very professional, but also very caring, and pleasant to be around (he's got a great sense of humor!)
in Bakersfield, CA
dr, phillips got me in for my surgery very fast, I was so grateful because I am going on vacation soon, so I have had time to heal, I would recommend him to all my family and friends. thank you dr,phillips Phyllis childress
in Bakersfield, CA
Awfull experience ! Wife told them she has a bad allergic reaction to certain stiches, they used them anyway. Neck got infected and puss and blood was coming out after 4 weeks,After 1 week she was told her neck was fine, was not until the fourth week that he realized that the stitches were in fact...more
in Bakersfield, CA
Dr. Phillips was recommended by some friends I trust, My procedure was minor and the outcome after the surgery was excellent. I even have trouble finding the place where he stitched me back together...he did such a good job. I had one question a few days down the road after the procedure and he...more
I work as an nurse and as I should do i tried to ask Dr Phillips questions about the possible surgery and options. He responded by cutting me off and not answering any of them. He was abrupt and as he walk out he stated you will be back and stormed out. Horrible..

Are you Dr. Phillips?

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Phillips at Riverwalk Surgical Associates, Bakersfield, CA

General Surgery Specialist