Dr. Charles Maltz, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 76

24 Reviews

Dr. Charles Maltz, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 39 years. He specializes in gastroenterology, internal medicine, and more.

Dr. Maltz accepts

Dr. Maltz accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
Cigna POS
CoreSource
EmblemHealth
GHI
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Dr. Maltz's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Pain
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Cirrhosis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Intestinal Ischemia
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Liver Damage from Alcohol
  • Liver Disease (Except Cancer, Hepatitis and Cirrhosis)
  • Liver Diseases and Disorders
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • PillCam Capsule Endoscopy
  • Pyloromyotomy
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Dr. Maltz is an Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell. He has published in both basic science as well as clinical medicine. He plays an important role in the training of gastroenterology fellows in endoscopy/colonoscopy along with...

• Gastroenterology

2.1

Dr. Maltz?
Dr. Maltz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Charles Maltz, MD
I found this man to be condescending and arrogant. He was not the least bit interested in me as person; never asked one question about my past or present life. When I first consulted with him, he advised that I undergo a particular procedure; that I would hear from him as to a date. I never heard from him. Despite my negative feelings, I thought there was possibility my judgement was too harsh. Consequently, I saw him a second time. This consult confirmed my earlier impression.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
Had an absolutely horrifying experience with Dr. Maltz as my doctor at Weill Cornell. He made me feel absolutely terrified and unsafe as a patient. He had no compassion. 10 years later, I am still traumatized by the experience I had with him as a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
Cartoonish Hollywood caricatures of cruel, dismissive, know-it-all docs don't do this guy justice. Ignored what I and my GI doc of nearly a decade told him and concluded that I was faking symptoms, as he later wrote in my records. Declined to order an exam my doctor was recommending. Made the hospital the most dangerous place for me to be sick in. Did it all with a smug smile on his face. A discredit to his profession—and to hack screenwriters everywhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
Fantastic human being, listens to what’s said, very knowledgeable. Took very good care of my husband with his diverticulitis. I also go back to him when needs be. I travel all the way from Long Island into New York City to see him! A good almost 50 miles. But we’ll worth the trip to see an experienced doctor of gastoimterology. Makes you feel very comfortable talking to him. He gets right to the point about your condition. Then tells you what his findings are.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
I saw this MD last year in December due to gastrointestinal problems I had endured for about five months. He did the straight forward tests and gave me an in-depth examination and took a detailed history. After undergoing a colonoscopy he gave me the findings which was mild UC. He was very honest and explained to me that medically there is no know cause of actual treatment or diet known to treat my condition. But he explained that if I wanted he could give me a medication that would reduce or j
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Maltz for 3 years now. I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and he’s the first doctor that finally could figure out what was wrong me! (After 5 years of not knowing and other doctors looking past it). He’s very quick in responding to any emails I have with health concerns, and if I ever end up in the ER he always makes sure to come over and see how I’m doing. Hes a caring guy and a great doctor. Not sure why he has so many bad reviews but I highly recommend him !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
The other 1 star reviews are almost identical to my experience. Dr. Maltz was rude, unprofessional and made us feel as if we were wasting his time. Like the other reviews, he didn’t think anything was wrong, didn’t know why we were there, and couldn’t offer us any help. I wonder if it’s possible that insurance plays a role in his decisions, based on how many but not all the reviews sound so similar. Don’t understand how he can be affiliated with this hospital and why he is still there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
I think Dr. Maltz has a very good, dry sense of humor. His instructions were very clear and stressed to the point that even someone like me, who tends to take instructions with a grain of salt or forgets where they are, followed the instructions this time. Of course they only lasted a day and a half which helped. Aside from the prep, which you do in the privacy of your home, the doctor made the entire experience surprisingly easy .I will confess I don't do sick well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
I never met with Dr. Maltz. I can only imagine what kind of doctor he is given how unprofessional his office is run. I talked with his office four times, four different days to negotiate making an appointment. After I finally got them the paperwork they wanted they still would not make me an appointment telling me someone would call me back. Two weeks later I received a text with an appointment date and time. Not a good way to treat a new patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?
At my 1st appt, Dr Maltz seemed engaged/fairly competent. We scheduled a colonoscopy based on my symptoms & my age. At the very moment of the procedure, while on the operating table Dr Malz entered the room and expressed he had no idea who I was, why I was there, he had not looked at my case file or brought it with him. I was stunned. I had an anesthesiologist and attending nurse in the room who looked just as shocked as I felt and embarrassed. It got much worse from there. AVOID this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Maltz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Maltz?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Maltz treats patients.

73% Patient experience rating, 4% higher than the national average

• Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™ (2018)

More Gastroenterology Specialists at Weill Cornell Digestive and Liver Diseases