Dr. Charles Loewe, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Charles Loewe MD PA 3325 S Tamiami Trl # 200 Sarasota, FL 34239 Get Directions
Dr. Charles Loewe, MD
Dr. Charles Loewe, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Loewe is affiliated with Lakewood Ranch Medical Center and Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Loewe's Care Philosophy

our mission is to provide a center for excellence; provide practice guidelines for quality of life; safety; financial security and all aspects of digestive health

Dr. Loewe's Experience

See how Dr. Loewe's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Loewe

Dr. Loewe accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Loewe is now accepting new patients
center for digestive diseases3325 S Tamiami Trl # 200
Sarasota, FL 34239
(941) 952-9223Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Loewe has admitting privileges.

Dr. Loewe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Loewe to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Loewe's Performance
in Bradenton, FL |
He is so good, caring and gives you the information you need towards better health. I wish he was my general internist. The staff at his endoscopy are all excellent.
Venice Fl |
This was my second procedure with Dr Loewe - first one a colonoscopy which he allowed without anesthesia (my fourth without). This second procedure was an endoscopy for which I had anesthesia - as a few years ago with a different dr I did without anesthesia - but realized that gag reflex cannot be controlled. I am absolutely thrilled to have found Dr Loewe - he is intelligent with vast experience - and my experiences with his office and procedures have been wonderful.
Sarasota, FL |
Ver profesional and cariño. Loved the Starr and treatment i received.
Longboat Key, FL |
Perhaps the most arrogant and self-serving physician I have ever encountered. Whatever knowledge he has was lost in his "only I can do this...that and the other thing". DO NOT GO TO HIM UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO LISTEN TO HIS SELF-SERVING TALK.
in sarasota, fl |
Dr Loewe is the most professional & skilled gastroenterologist is Sarasota! Center for Endoscopy is outstanding in every way, especially Dr Loewe & his superior staff. I felt safe in their hands from the moment I arrived. If anyone wants an excellent experience, I highly recommend this Dr & this surgery ctr. I wouldn't think of going elsewhere, as this is my 4th procedure w/ dr Loewe. He is completely focused & so caring , patient, extremely knowledgeable in his field. A+++++ .
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Loewe was exceptional today for my colonoscopy and throughout many years . He has treated me for diverticulitis and kept me healthy . he is detailed and careful and CARING...knowledgeable and helpful. He and his staff are efficient and cheerful. Dr Loewe is a WONDERFUL DOCTOR!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Loewe came highly recommended, and I am thankful that I listened. The office visits have been pleasant, and on the actual day of the colonoscopy, each of the staff members was thorough and kind. We enjoyed chatting before the procedure, and each person took time to make me feel comfortable and confident, as I just turned 50 and never had a colonoscopy before. The follow-up appointment was equally as enjoyable, and Dr. Loewe thoroughly explained my results.
Osprey, FL |
This was my first experience with Dr Loewe as my original GI doctor had recently retired. I decided upon Dr Loewe following my wife's recommendation having been a patient. My initial visit was with his Physicians Assistant who is very thorough. She took sufficient time to develop my history and recommended course of action, which was agreed upon. I later had an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy performed by Dr Loewe at The Endoscopy Center who made my visit with them very pleasant.
in Sarasota, FL |
Had a colonoscopy (my first) in September, 2016 with Dr. Loewe. He was excellent; very good and knowledgeable staff. Extremely competent. Follow-up visit was excellent. Would recommend him. One thing to know: very case driven and not likely to want to discuss the weather and your Auntie's colonoscopy experience. Be open and share your concerns and your questions up front!
in Venice, FL |
Dr. Charles Loewe is a Board Certified Gastroenterologist. He owns & operates his highly rated and respected: Sarasota Center For Digestive Disease. Before going to Dr. Loewe, we researched him on the Internet AND had received personal referrals from friends. The experience for both my wife & I has been excellent. The office staff and the Colonoscopy and Endoscopy center staff are extraordinary! They are Professional AND Personal, making you feel confident and comfortable! Thank you Dr. Loewe.
in Sarasota, FL |
Having been in the Cleveland Clinic Foundation for most of our lives it was a challenge finding Dr's in Florida. Dr Loewe was a Dr that I hand picked for our 78 year family member with late stages of dementia. He has been just as amazing if not better then our Dr's at CCF. The manner he works at & his medical knowledge is exactly like the Dr's at CCF. Dr Loewe has gone above and beyond for our family and is very skilled GI. I can't say enough great things about Dr Loewe. I highly recommend him
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Loewe is the most professional, competent and capable gastro doctor I have encountered. I had switched gastro doctor while in severe inflammation of ulcerative colitis to Dr. Loewe and it was the best decision I made. Since his care, my UC has been in control and he continues to monitor and make adjustments when necessary so that I continue to do well. I went from a horrible, constant, painful condition to a livable, enjoyable normal existence.
in Sarasota, FL |
He is very easy to talk to and you feel he cares about your problems
in Venice, FL |
Excellent professional Doctor and facility
in Sarasota, FL |
He is a superb clinician. Just finished my third colonoscopy and he and his staff did their usual excellent and professional job. Very pleased.
in Sarasota, FL |
My father was in the ICU and getting ready for a procedure. Dr. took a look at my dad and starting shaking him to wake him up vigorously. He had no compassion for my father who wasn't doing well at all or for my family who was going through a VERY tough time. The dr kept explaining to us how his body was going to expire. Surgery did not go well, but was told by the dr it did. My father was unresponsive for 3 days after surgery and we ended up putting him under hospice care. Strip his license!!
This was the hospitalist physician not Dr. Loewe and Dr. Loewe does not perform surgery of the type this patient underwent
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr Lowe is very personable and takes the time to explain every details of the procedure he is going to perform. His staff are very friendly and efficient. The follow up call the next day and the follow up appointment with Dr Lowe are both timely and attentive. I would thoroughly recommend Dr Lowe for the conditions he specializes in.
in Sarasota fl |
Dr Loewe is a excellent Doctor . I' m a new patient of his , new to the Sarasota area and very lucky to find him. He did an excellent job taking care of me, I can't thank him enough.
in Huntington, New York |
Dr. Loewe ordered a specific test which determined a condition I had suffered from for 5 years. My condition had been treated by other doctors with no resolve up to this point. I live out of state but travel to Florida to be treated by him.
in Sarasota, FL |
I had an appointment w/Dr. Loewe today to schedule my colonoscopy. I have been a patient of Dr. Loewe's for over 15 years. I wanted to comment how wonderful everyone was from his receptionist, Lumi, his nurse, Heidi, physician's asst, Jennifer, Betsy, who scheduled my colonoscopy & of course, Dr. Loewe. I know so many people who are his patients. All speak very highly of him & would not go anywhere else.
in Sarasota, FL |
Since turning 50 a couple of years ago, my regular MD has recommended a colonoscopy as a precautionary measure. I just had the procedure, actually it was both a colonoscopy and an endoscopy given my history of reflux. Both my initial meeting with Dr. Loewe, as well as my procedure, left me very satisfied. He and his entire staff are courteous, friendly, and professional. They made an impressive effort to keep my comfortable and informed, and I recommend them highly.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?

Compare Dr. Loewe

Dr. Loewe's Care Philosophy

Dr. Loewe says...

Interventional therapeutic endoscopist in all areas of the gastrointestinal tract

Dr. Loewe says...

expertise in all procedures performed

Dr. Loewe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Loewe has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Loewe's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Graduated in 1974

• Other Education
    Instructor In Medicine/Staff Physician

Completed in 1983

Dr. Loewe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Loewe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Stenting
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)