Dr. Charles Loewe, MD

Dr. Charles Loewe, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Charles Loewe, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Sarasota, FL and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from Hahnemann Med Coll/Hahnemann Hosp in 1978 and specializes in gastroenterology, nutrition, and more.Read his story

2068 Hawthorne St # 202

Sarasota, FL 34239

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Dr. Loewe accepts

Dr. Loewe accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Group Plan PPO
Medicaid
Principal Financial Group
Principal Financial Group PPO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Loewe's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Dysphagia
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis
  • Non-Neonatal Jaundice
  • Pancreatitis
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Pouchitis
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Viral Infection
  • Vomiting Disorders

our mission is to provide a center for excellence; provide practice guidelines for quality of life; safety; financial security and all aspects of digestive health

• Gastroenterology

4.3

Dr. Loewe?
Dr. Loewe's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Charles Loewe, MD
I tried to have a visit and started calling on 3-15-19 and LM that day and ask for a return call and not to call on a wed. Lm with both tel #'s Christina calls back on a wed on my home phone. I call back again on 3-21-19 and again still no return call. At this point after being with Dr. Loewe for 25 yrs I am seeking another gastrologist office that is more efficient. Sorry
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Dr. Loewe is caring and smart. More importantly, he listens to his patients . (At least he listened to me.) He then makes medical decisions based not only on his own opinion but also on the patient's. How wonderful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Dr. Loewe was an excellent listener, answered all questions and gave me a solution other gastroenterologists had not thought of. He helped my condition significantly. His staff was also excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
As an Ulcerative Colitis sufferer, I had run the gamut of doctors and medications. Dr. Loewe is my mother's trusted specialist, and he was the next place I turned. He spent time with me, discussed a new plan of care, and explained my diagnosis and prognosis well. I am happy to report I am a new person, on the right medications, and positive about my future with this disease. His medical staff was excellent at guiding me though any questions, and was always available. I am overjoyed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
After an emergency visit to the hospital I was fortunate enough to be referred by SMH to Dr. Loewe. As a new resident of Sarasota and a recovering colon cancer surgery patient, I did not have a GI doctor in Florida. Dr. Loewe did a thorough job of looking at my medical records from my previous doctor and helping me address the after-effects of my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Last year I was having problems swallowing and my GP recommended that I see Dr. Loewe. Dr. Loewe preformed an endoscopy on me and I am now free of any problems with my esophagus. I really like how thoroughly Dr. Loewe explained the procedure that he would be doing and made me feel at ease. I found that his entire staff was kind, friendly and efficient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Dr. Loewe is an excellent GI physician. I would highly recommend him. He has done several endoscopic procedures for me in the past, and I feel his skill has saved me from a serious surgical procedure! His advice has been right on the mark, and he spends time and answers any questions I have. Again, highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
I have been to Dr. Loewe twice and found him efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. I have had a digestive problems for years and he gave me advise, diet suggestions and medication and it cleared up and has not returned.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
EXTORTION!!!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! As soon as I received the bill I called billing to set up payment plan. Called 4 times in 1 month to pay bill but no return call. On 5th calI finally reached Maria in billing and tried to make a payment but she said she could not set up payment plan because I owed too much money and it would take too long to pay. Maria said I had to pay the total of my bill of $1500.00 in 2 months or they will turn me over to collections. EXTORTION!! BUYER BEWARE
unfortunately being an employee of a major...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Patients beware!!!!!!!! This facility uses EXTORSION!!!!!!!!!!!! We saw Dr. Loewe and had several tests at this facility. When seen, we informed Dr. Loewe that all would be paid out of pocket because of high deductible. As soon as I received bill I called Mildred in billing to set up payment plan. I told Maria in billing I wanted to pay bill but needed a payment plan. Maria said I COULD NOT SET UP PAYMENT PLAN AND I had 2 months to pay $1500.00 or they were turning us over to collections. !!
same as previous and part of UHC refusal to come...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Just had my second experience with Dr. Loewe and his staff. Very professional, friendly, reassuring, peasant and more. Colonoscopies are not something we're thrilled about experiencing but if you have to, Dr.Loewe is THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN!!! I would NEVER trust anyone else with this important procedure. Thank you Dr. Loewe and Staff for all you do!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Dr Loewe and his staff get high marks from me as they quickly diagnosed and treated my UC. Christina Davis ARNP was my early contact and provided meaningful information about the symtoms and treatment procedures to help my situation. She always took the necessary time to answer my questions and was most helpful in educating me about my conditions. Dr Loewe’s entire team were always very professional and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Dr. Loewe probably saved my life. I had problems with my pancreas that I wasn't even aware of and only found out about because of another medical issue I was seeing another specialist for. If it weren't for Dr. Loewe, I would probably be dealing with pancreatic cancer now or soon. He went to great lengths to decide the best treatment for me and was very kind and caring the entire time. He is one doctor that I can say really cares about his patients and I have total confidence in him. A+++++
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
We have used Dr. Loewe since moving here to Sarasota in 2000 and would never go to anyone else. He has my complete trust and has seen me through a difficult time. His staff is the best as well, I know he would have nothing but! I refer all my clients to him also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
I think the man is having a break downhe went crazy over referrals for belittle my docs went on for 15 minutes about how good he was and bad my docs where, Very unprofessional Will seek a new doc would not recommend him to any one or thing. Stay away! Would leave 0 stars if I could
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
My wife just had a procedure done....Dr loewe and his staff were wonderful...They are all caring and do their jobs like a fine tuned machine. Dr loewe himself is very knowledgable and explains what he is doing so that a normal person can understand what is happening....When I met Dr Loewe in 2014 I was in bad shape but he got me back on track to a better life in a very caring way. Dr Loewe is the BEST !!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
My husband has been going to Dr. Loewe for several years. To start out, Dr. Loewe saved his life. A gastroenterologist in Maine nicked an artery while doing a procedure . By the time we flew to Florida, he was bleeding out. Dr. Loewe happened to be on duty and “ literally” saved his life. Since then, he has been having varicies banded by Dr. Loewe. He’s THE BEST there is! Thank God for Dr. Loewe!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
Today was my first visit to see Dr. Loewe and it could not have been a better experience. My concerns were addressed in an informative way and the support staff was wonderful. I left having a precise understanding of what I need to do to improve my medical status and will return as recommended and needed. Dr. Loewe presented himself in a very professional and relaxed manner that was very comforting to me and made me feel I definitely made the right decision in making an appointment to see him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Loewe for 15 years and am totally satisfied. He and his staff are highly professional and work extremely well. I would highly recommend him to fiends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Loewe, MD?
He is so good, caring and gives you the information you need towards better health. I wish he was my general internist. The staff at his endoscopy are all excellent.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Loewe?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Loewe treats patients.