Dr. Charles Lago, MD

Colorectal Surgery •  Male • Age 57

Dr. Lago
350 N Pine Island Rd Plantation, FL 33324

Dr. Charles Lago, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Plantation, FL and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Lago has more experience with Colorectal Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Mt Sinai School of Medicine medical school in 1989. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Broward Health Coral Springs and Northwest Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lago to book an appointment.

Compare with other Colorectal Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Lago with our nearby Colorectal Surgery Specialists at Memorial Hospital West.

Make an appointment at Memorial Hospital West today at (954) 633-5024.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Memorial Hospital West.

Dr. Lago's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lago

2.7

54.83870967741935%

Dr. Lago?
he lost his temper and made me very uncomfortable
Keren Bolter – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
My mom and dad on April 1, 2019 will celebrate their 75th anniversary and together 79 years thanks to Dr. Charles P. Lago Sr. He is a true saint with an amazing way about him. His staff is fantastic and extremely helpful. Thank you all for saving my mom and dads lives.
Allan Alkes in FL, FL – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
I enjoyed the service I received from the staff and the doctor. They treated me very well and the Dr. Largo did a very Good job on my surgery.
Caroll Ward in Plantation – Feb 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
This is the worst doctor Iv'e ever seen in U.S.(even all around the world). I waited almost an hour, then Dr. Largo and his cold-face assistant came in to the room. He did not even ask me clearly what was my symptom. With only few seconds talking, he started "examination" without any warning. The action was rude and sudden. It was so painful that I could not bear it. All he cares is about money. The medicine he prescribed for me only made my symptom worse. I could've given him 0 star if I could
Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
Dr. Lago is competent, explained what my surgery would entail and made me feel comfortable with the sugery.
Plantation, FL – Dec 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
On my 1st appointment, I waited 1 hr and then asked how much longer. They said they scratched me off the list and thought someone had taken me back. I had to leave and make another appointment. I show up to the 2nd appointment and he conducted a quick exam with a finger. I receive a $100 bill for "Surgery". I call the office because I was sure this was a mistake. They say that he performed some type of procedure on me with some type of a scope. That never happened. Blatant lie!
Angry Patient in Plantation, FL – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
Dr. LAGO and Dr. Corallo did my colon resection and 24 lymph nodes removed.They both did a fabulous job and I had a speedy recovery. Their knowledge and expertise had me up and out in 2 days. The concern was amazing and caring throughout the process. The office staff was very thorough and knowledgeable. They answered many question for me. I thank you for your professionalism and concern for my wellbeing. Roger Kleis
Roger Kleis in Plantation , FL – Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
Dr. Lago is very thorough, honest & direct, and skilled. He's known by many local doctors including my Gastro group and my GP, as the best Colo-Rectal surgeon in south Florida. Dr. Lago does see patients in the hospital early mornings so sometimes I've had to wait a bit (30 minutes) when I have an a.m. office appointment. Don't love the waiting but it hasn't been too bad. More importantly, he's very thorough and direct and he's very highly skilled.
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
I had a pilonidal cyst. Dr. Lago recommended surgery and was extremely detailed in explaining the surgery and healing process. I was able to get a consultation appointment within 1 week and a surgery appointment within 2 weeks. Dr. Lago and his staff were so kind, knowledgeable, etc. The nurse even offered to change my bandage for a couple of days when my home health nurse couldn't change my packing. They made an uncomfortable procedure very pleasant. I would highly recommend him.
SJackson in Plantation, FL – Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
We were referred to Dr Lago though our PCP. My husband was diagnosed with a 6cm tumor in his Colon. We called and got an immediate appointment . The office staff was efficient and very nice. Dr.Lago reviewed the colonoscopy report and explained in detail the surgical process to remove the tumor.. dr Lago performed the surgery with success and my husband had no complications . The cancer is gone and I believe he is a remarkable surgeon and would recommend to anyone.
William stephens in Parkland , florida – Oct 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
Dr Lago was insensitive and wouldn't listen to my concerns nor answer some of my questions. This was my first visit , having been reffered by my family Dr. Mr appointment was for 11:00am. I arrived at 10:40am and was seen ONE HOUR later! Both he and his head nurse were abrupt, rude, and condecending. Dr. Lego may be good at his specialty, but he won't see me again. 73 year old male patient
Ft Lauderdale, FL – Jun 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Largo as not only did he appear to be extremely distracted during the office consultation, his manner was impatient and his demeanor condescending. Foe a person in the business of caring for people, this physician is an extremely rude man!
Ft Lauderdale, FL – Jun 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
I expect to wait when I go to a specialist. I waited probably between 30 and 45 minutes. I thought this was a reasonable time to wait. Dr. Lago and his staff could not have been more professional, efficient and kind. I was leary after reading other patients comments but I couldn't find a thing to complain about. Great office.
Donna in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Jun 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
Honestly the worst practice I have experienced. I've been to many doctors offices of many specialties and this doctor is the worst for service. I had a pilonidal cyst removed and had to keep coming in for post-op appts for months and I promise I never waited less than and hour to be called back to the room. The dr is then very rushed when he actually sees you. Go somewhere else!
Coral Springs, FL – Apr 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?
No matter what time you schedule an appt you wait for 45 minutes for a 30 second visit. No follow communication after surgery. Always leave frustrated.
Feb 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lago?

We believe in medical care that takes the whole person into account. We strive to provide the best clinical care combine with communications and patient involvement in the care process to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.

• Colorectal Surgery

The School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences SUNY at Buffalo
1989
Mt Sinai School of Medicine

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Lago communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lago offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lago offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lago have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lago offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Lago offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (954) 236-5444