Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD

Colorectal Surgery ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Lago Sr
350 N Pine Island Rd Plantation, FL 33324

Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in Plantation, FL and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University in 1989 and specializes in colorectal surgery.

Dr. Lago Sr accepts

Blue Care HMO
BlueDental Choice
Preferred PPO
Select HMO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Lago Sr's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Lago Sr's Top Procedures and Conditions

Excision of Rectal Tumor

Dr. Lago Sr performs Excision of Rectal Tumor more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Lago Sr performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal

Dr. Lago Sr performs Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Lago Sr performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Abscess

Dr. Lago Sr treats Abscess more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Lago Sr treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abdominal Abscess

• Crohn's Disease
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Diverticulitis
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectal Bleeding
  • Rectal Diseases
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

We believe in medical care that takes the whole person into account. We strive to provide the best clinical care combine with communications and patient involvement in the care process to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.

• Colorectal Surgery

2.8

Dr. Lago Sr?
Dr. Lago Sr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD
My mom and dad on April 1, 2019 will celebrate their 75th anniversary and together 79 years thanks to Dr. Charles P. Lago Sr. He is a true saint with an amazing way about him. His staff is fantastic and extremely helpful. Thank you all for saving my mom and dads lives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
I enjoyed the service I received from the staff and the doctor. They treated me very well and the Dr. Largo did a very Good job on my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
This is the worst doctor Iv'e ever seen in U.S.(even all around the world). I waited almost an hour, then Dr. Largo and his cold-face assistant came in to the room. He did not even ask me clearly what was my symptom. With only few seconds talking, he started "examination" without any warning. The action was rude and sudden. It was so painful that I could not bear it. All he cares is about money. The medicine he prescribed for me only made my symptom worse. I could've given him 0 star if I could
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
Dr. Lago is competent, explained what my surgery would entail and made me feel comfortable with the sugery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
On my 1st appointment, I waited 1 hr and then asked how much longer. They said they scratched me off the list and thought someone had taken me back. I had to leave and make another appointment. I show up to the 2nd appointment and he conducted a quick exam with a finger. I receive a $100 bill for "Surgery". I call the office because I was sure this was a mistake. They say that he performed some type of procedure on me with some type of a scope. That never happened. Blatant lie!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
Dr. LAGO and Dr. Corallo did my colon resection and 24 lymph nodes removed.They both did a fabulous job and I had a speedy recovery. Their knowledge and expertise had me up and out in 2 days. The concern was amazing and caring throughout the process. The office staff was very thorough and knowledgeable. They answered many question for me. I thank you for your professionalism and concern for my wellbeing. Roger Kleis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
Dr. Lago is very thorough, honest & direct, and skilled. He's known by many local doctors including my Gastro group and my GP, as the best Colo-Rectal surgeon in south Florida. Dr. Lago does see patients in the hospital early mornings so sometimes I've had to wait a bit (30 minutes) when I have an a.m. office appointment. Don't love the waiting but it hasn't been too bad. More importantly, he's very thorough and direct and he's very highly skilled.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
I had a pilonidal cyst. Dr. Lago recommended surgery and was extremely detailed in explaining the surgery and healing process. I was able to get a consultation appointment within 1 week and a surgery appointment within 2 weeks. Dr. Lago and his staff were so kind, knowledgeable, etc. The nurse even offered to change my bandage for a couple of days when my home health nurse couldn't change my packing. They made an uncomfortable procedure very pleasant. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
We were referred to Dr Lago though our PCP. My husband was diagnosed with a 6cm tumor in his Colon. We called and got an immediate appointment . The office staff was efficient and very nice. Dr.Lago reviewed the colonoscopy report and explained in detail the surgical process to remove the tumor.. dr Lago performed the surgery with success and my husband had no complications . The cancer is gone and I believe he is a remarkable surgeon and would recommend to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
Dr Lago was insensitive and wouldn't listen to my concerns nor answer some of my questions. This was my first visit , having been reffered by my family Dr. Mr appointment was for 11:00am. I arrived at 10:40am and was seen ONE HOUR later! Both he and his head nurse were abrupt, rude, and condecending. Dr. Lego may be good at his specialty, but he won't see me again. 73 year old male patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Largo as not only did he appear to be extremely distracted during the office consultation, his manner was impatient and his demeanor condescending. Foe a person in the business of caring for people, this physician is an extremely rude man!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
I expect to wait when I go to a specialist. I waited probably between 30 and 45 minutes. I thought this was a reasonable time to wait. Dr. Lago and his staff could not have been more professional, efficient and kind. I was leary after reading other patients comments but I couldn't find a thing to complain about. Great office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
Honestly the worst practice I have experienced. I've been to many doctors offices of many specialties and this doctor is the worst for service. I had a pilonidal cyst removed and had to keep coming in for post-op appts for months and I promise I never waited less than and hour to be called back to the room. The dr is then very rushed when he actually sees you. Go somewhere else!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?
No matter what time you schedule an appt you wait for 45 minutes for a 30 second visit. No follow communication after surgery. Always leave frustrated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Lago Sr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lago Sr?