General Surgery  |
Dr. Charles Koller, MD
Dr. Charles Koller, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Winter Park, FL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Koller is affiliated with Winter Park Memorial Hospital.

2055 Glenwood Dr

Winter Park, FL 32792

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Koller

At Winter Park Surgical Associates and Winter Park Hernia Center, we believe that white glove surgical care is the hallmark of excellence. The components of a successful operation include a well thought out care plan, sound surgical judgement and amazing technical skill. Dr. Koller guarantees all three.

Dr. Koller's Experience

Dr. Koller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Benign Diseases of the Intestine
  • Breast Cancer
  • Chronic Non-Healing Wounds
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Hernia

• Orlando Regl Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Newark
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Koller has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Koller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Koller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Koller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Koller to family and friends
Dr. Koller's Performance
in Apopka, FL |
He is an awesome doctor. If you need hernia surgery this is your guy!!!
Thank you for the compliment Phillip. I am humbled.
Winter Springs, FL |
Dr. Koller is an exceptional surgeon and an amazing man. He's honest without being condescending, it's like talking to a friend. I was impressed with him and his staff from start to finish. Dr. Koller does exactly what he says he's going to do and he does it immediately. I had gotten the opinions of two other doctors. After meeting Dr. Koller and his staff there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted him to be my surgeon.
It is my privilege to be able to do what I love and help people in the process. Now in my 21st year of private practice, I appreciate more than ever the importance of consistent, excellent outcomes. This is what we strive for each and every day. -Dr. K
Winter Park, FL |
A definite re.commendation if you need hernia repair surgery
Thank you so much. We appreciate all feedback, even if it means we need to improve our service to the patients we care for. -Dr. K
Winter Springs, FL |
hernia surgery and all good.
As one of my old surgery professors once said to me, you're only as good as your last operation. -Dr. K
in Merritt Island, FL |
Had hernia surgery last week. Outstanding experience-I couldn't be happier with Dr.Koller and his entire staff. There isn't enough room here to tell you how perfect this went for me, but I wish I had not put this surgery off so long. When The Doctor asked me at the follow-up appointment"what could we have done better?" I had to say nothing at all.
Wow Gary, what a compliment ! Thank you for those kind words. At the Winter Park Hernia Center and Winter Park Surgical Associates we try and pay close attention to every detail, treating our patients like we ourselves would want to be treated.
in Oviedo, Florida |
I had been putting surgery off for awhile on my hernia. I had never had any type of surgery before so naturally I was pretty aprehensive. I was refered to Dr Koller by a co-worker and after meeting with him I knew he was the one who I wanted to repair my hernia. He was very professional and confident in his work, which put me at ease. His staff at the surgery center went above and beyond with every accommodation I had. I was very comfortable. I highly recommend Dr Koller!
Trevor, we are so very happy we were able to help you with your hernia. Our team has one goal: to provide the highest quality surgical care available. We understand the anxiety associated with needing surgery and we go out of our way to make the process as easy as possible.
in Orlando, Fl |
Dr. Koller and his staff was very friendly and professional. I liked that he had interns working with his staff. I would recommend Him and his staff to anyone.
Teaching is a large part of keeping patient care at its best. At the Winter Park Hernia Center, we strive to provide the highest quality care with each and every patient.
in The Villages, FL |
Fantastic experience with great results. Dr. Koller was very professional and specializes in hernia surgery so the surgery and recovery were quick and relatively painless.
Thank you so much. Your words are very much appreciated.
in Orlando |
I enlisted Dr. Koller for my hernia repair precisely because hernia surgery is a primary focus of his surgery practice. So while other surgeons "can" repair a hernia, they do so only as part of a broad range of general surgeries. Dr. KoIler, on the other hand, carries out hernia repair nearly every time he enters surgery. If I have a second hernia or have a need to repair the same, I will return to Dr. Koller for help. I found Dr. Koller informative, knowledgeable, confident, and comforting.
Each patient has a unique circumstance and care plans need to be tailored individually. No two care plans are alike. At the Winter Park Hernia Center and Winter Park Surgical Associates, we provide well thought out care plans, excellent technical skill and comprehensive follow up.
Maitland, FL |
Amazing experience all around! The superior care I received from Dr. Koller and his staff was matched only by the excellent, minimally invasive repair I had. I recovered from surgery within weeks! Would highly recommend this Winter Park surgeon.
Patient care is a team effort. At the Winter Park Hernia Center, we take caring for our patients very seriously. Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate it. -Dr. Koller
Casselberry, FL |
Dr. Koller and his staff were great. No Long Waits. Felt taken care of.
Appreciate the feedback. -Dr. K
Altamonte Springs, FL |
I have had over a dozen surgeries over the years and this was the most positive experience I have had. The doctor, surgery center and staff at both locations were nothing short of excellent.
Thank you for the kind words. Our goal is patient satisfaction and we strive to do our very best each and every day. Glad you are pleased. -Dr. K
in Orlando, FL |
Been told for many years my hernia was untreatable and would have to live with it. He was recommended by another Dr. During interview it became apparent he was confident and knew exactly what he's doing and rest of experience was just as good.
Thanks Bruce. Hope you won't need us again but if you do, we are here for you. At the Winter Park Hernia Center and Winter Park Surgical Associates, we stand behind our work and our door is always open.
in Oviedo, FL |
Great care from beginning of process through post surgery. Confident in what needed to be done to correct and kept me well informed. Staff was very nice and helpful with every question and concern.
Thank you, Chris.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr Koller is not only a amazing surgeon , but a life changer... I had a surgical hernia from a life saving surgery I had in 2016... It started out very tiny and by 3 months I looked 5 months pregnant.. Now I knew the risk of having post op repercussions a having a 9 inch vertical incision after my pancreatic surgery , but I did not expect a hernia that big .. I went to several doctors who would not touch me unless it was incarcerated .. except Dr Koller! He's is an angel and artist!!
Such kind words. I am humbled by your sentiments. Let me just say that it is my pleasure and my privilege to be able to help people with complex surgical issues. I love what I do and I am blessed to be able to make a difference in people's lives. -Dr. K
Longwood, FL |
Great experience. I had a bi-lateral laparoscopic hernia repair by Dr. Koller. Recovery has been great and I'm feeling back to normal. The staff and nurses were all excellent as well
I appreciate the thumbs up. I work hard to make sure that every operation is done with the highest attention to detail. Your satisfaction and well being is my highest priority.
in orlando, fl |
Confident and professional.
Thank you !
in Orlando, FL |
Assumed I had a hernia and found Dr Koller online. I took a chance since I don't have a regular doctor. I made the RIGHT CHOICE! The entire experience was exceptional. There is nowhere else I would go for hernia repair. Dr Koller is the BEST at what he does. I was off pain meds within 3 days, had a trip planned previously and flew to Ohio 5 days after surgery with no major discomfort. It's been 2 weeks and I just finished landscaping my yard and haven't taken Ibuprofen for 3 days! The best!!
Thank you Mike. I'm so happy you're doing well. -Dr. K
in St Cloud, FL |
Dr Koller's state of the art Laproscopic hernia surgery is absolutely the only way to go! I was set up to have my hernia fixed the old slice and dice method by a less informed doctor. Thank goodness I didn't do it. Laproscopic surgery makes smaller incisions for quicker recovery. The excellent reviews of Dr Koller are right on!
Mark, I appreciate you making the trip to Winter Park Hernia Center to have your hernia repair surgery. I am humbled by your words. Thank you. -Dr. K
in Maitland, FL |
Dr. Koller preformed a laparoscopic gallbladder removal on me with perfect execution. The incisions were small and are healing quickly and nicely. Body is functioning in top condition after the surgery.
in oviedo , fla |
I recently had surgery for a hernia on my belly button at University surgical center, Winter Park. The staff was excellent and Dr. Koller did such a great job on my hernia. I finally have a belly button again and fell wonderful, I had surgery on Thursday and went back to work on Tuesday( probably should of take. Off a week to heal) Dr. Koller is a very meticulous surgeon and I think you would not be disappointed at all by having him do your Surgery. I am glad I did
Claudia. University Surgery Center is a wonderful facility for minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery. The nurses and staff are the best ! I am so happy that you are pleased. -Dr. K
in Apopka, FL |
Dr. Koller performed Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery on me 4 weeks ago. I am very pleased with his level of professionalism, efficiency and care. He has this down to a science. Everything from the initial consultation to the day of the surgery was well explained and put me at ease. The Laparoscopy recovery was minor compared to having an appendectomy years ago the old fashion way. I was able to return to work and normal activities much sooner than I anticipated with minimal to no scarring.
Having surgery is a very serious event in people's lives. Even the most routine procedures can have consequences if done incorrectly. At Winter Park Surgical Associates, it is our job to make sure you receive the highest quality care every time. -Dr. K
in Orlando, FL |
I recently visited Dr. Koller as I was referred to him for my hernia surgery repair. I had never undergone any type of surgery so I was a bit worried/nervous but he helped answer all of my questions/concerns. A month later he performed my surgery and him and the team that helped were EXCELLENT! I felt very comfortable and everyone helped to make sure I was taken care of. I would highly recommend him and his team to anyone.
Brad, I am flattered by your kind words. Thank you. -Dr. K
in FL |
I had Gallbladder removal surgery 10 days ago by Dr. Koller. I am extremely pleased with Dr. Koller from the moment I met with him to discuss the surgery to the post Op visit. Everything from his experience to his bedside manner, put me at ease during the entire process. As a person who has seen multiple surgeons over the last 20 years, I can honestly say Dr. Koller is one of the most competent physicians I have ever seen. I would highly recommend him.
At Winter Park Surgical Associates our mission is patient safety, excellent surgical outcomes and customer satisfaction. We're pleased that you're pleased. Dr. K
in Orlando, FL |
When I finally decided to have my hernia repaired I selected Dr. Koller and am extremely glad I did. A previous hernia surgery with another doctor resulted in two large scars and lots of post operative bleeding. Not with Dr. Koller. Not only did he repair hernias on both sides, he also removed a non-malignate growth discovered during my initial consultation, all without leaving visible scars. He is extremely professional, honest and straight forward.
Now in my 20th year of private practice, I really appreciate how fragile surgical outcomes can be. At Winter Park Hernia Center, we strive for excellence with each and every patient we care for. Nothing is taken for granted. -Dr Koller
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Koller performed an Incarcerated Abdominal Hernia Repair on me 5 days ago. Even though the recovery is proving to be tougher than I expected (Dr. Koller did explain it would be) I'm still experiencing a lot of pain and not moving as well as I would like. I called his office on Thursday with some concerns and questions on the recovery process as well as managing my pain. His staff as well as Dr. Koller answered my questions in a quick and compassionate manor. Fantastic Practice!!
There is no such thing as minor surgery. Each operation carries with it specific challenges and risks. At the Winter Park Hernia Center we understand that despite the fact we are performing minimally invasive surgery, there will be pain during the recovery period. We do our best to help patients get through this period as best we can. -Dr. K
I had to get emergency surgery. The billing department is rude. To try and get their payment faster they tried to charge my personal health insurance and not my VA health insurance so they can get their money faster. When trying to square away this issue the lady at the billing department hung up me. They seem to not care about their patients or at least not the veterans.
In this complex world of healthcare, patients can sometimes have 2 insurance plans. When this happens the 2 companies sometimes place payment responsibility on the other and the physician gets caught in the middle and is not paid. In this case, the VA refused to pay citing the private insurer as the responsible party. We were instructed by the VA to bill the private insurance plan which is exactly what we did. We love our veterans and thank them for their service, sacrifice and for our freedom.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Koller repaired a bilateral inguinal hernia on me about 5 weeks ago. It was an out patient procedure and I thought the hospital was good overall. The recovery was more painful than I thought it would be durung days 1-3, but easily managed with the pain medications. By day 7 I was back at work (office job). By day 10 I was totally off of any pain medication. I exercised lightly during week 4, and by week 5, I was able to workout at 100% intensity. I am very happy with my results!
Oviedo, FL |
Dr Koller performed emergency surgery on me on a Sunday morning. He and his staff could not have been any better to me when I needed it. They spoke to my wife and eased her concerns which helped tremendously. The follow-up care and appointments could not have gone better. Each time they took the time to make sure all my concerns were addressed.
in Brooksville, FL |
It's nice to finally find a good doctor with a pleasant, knowledgeable staff . Dr. Koller answered all of my questions and thoroughly explained all the insurance, billing and surgical procedures in a very detailed manner. The staff was very also attentive and helpful throughout the whole process.
Orlando, FL |
Dr Koller repaired my right side inguinal hernia via laparoscopic surgery. I had pervious scaring in the affected area and most surgeons would have performed open surgery technique. But because of Dr Kollers vast experience he was able to make the repair laparoscopicly. Dr Koller is a truly focused and an intense doctor which is exactly what I wanted. If you desire a successful operation by a skilled master surgeon then Dr. Kohler is your man.
in Casselberry, FL |
Had a Hernia Surgery and it went well, the care was great and I was treated very well
in Apopka, FL |
Everything was very good all around. Dr. Koller, his staff, the hospital personnel were all excellent. The surgery went off without a hitch, I never even needed pain medication other than ibuprofen.
in Orlando, FL |
End to end, from diagnosis to recovery, working with Dr. Koller and his staff was a great experience. I arrived for surgery as suggested, 2 hours in advance, and everything went off perfectly and on time. I felt at all times like I was in very capable hands. The stitches came out today and everything was just perfect.
in Sanford Fl. |
Umbilical hernia repair on 10/26/2016. Dr. Koler and his staff were excellent in every way. If I need any kind of surgery again I will return to Dr. Koller
in Orlando, FL |
I had surgery on October 19th and it was a very good experience. He and his staff answered any and all questions before and after the surgery. I highly recommend Dr Koller.
in Winter Springs FL |
Removed lymph nodes from lower left side of torso. At a follow up appointment he reported biopsed tissue was benign. Received phone call from him approximately a week later where he mumbled in the phone that he hadn't read second page of biopsy report, which indicated that part of the lymph nodes removed contained malignant melanoma. Unsure of how this mistake happened, I made an appointment where he casually reiterated his "new" findings & was at a loss as to whom he could refer me to next
As a conscientious and caring physician, I am disappointed that this patient felt compelled to leave negative feedback. A review of the medical record shows that the initial pathology report was indeed negative. An addendum came out several days later suggesting a melanoma and the patient was immediately contacted and given a follow up appointment to discuss the findings and to undergo additional physical examination. A full care plan was implemented including referral to medical oncology.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Koller was so helpful throughout my experience and met all of the needs that I had within a considerably complex situation. He was kind, understanding, and knowledgeable - keeping me in the loop and taken care of every step of the way. The surgery he performed was more complex than other doctors had realized, and I can honestly say my surgery experience was excellent with him and his staff. My follow-up was just as informative and helpful as the the initial consultation.
in Orlando, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Koller based on my experience of a hernia surgery. Dr. Koller is a talented surgeon that takes the appropriate time to ensure his patients' health is the top priority.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr Koller explained procedures well and answerd all my questions. He was able to fit my hernia surgery into his schedule while I was healing from foot surgery.
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
Dr. Koller and staff are "FANTASTIC". Since my first visit at the office I felt very very comfortable. I had surgery with Dr. Koller and the experience was absolutely amazing. I will thank Dr. Koller and staff for all what they did for me. Dr. Koller he is "GOOD" and I will recommend him 100% and more. Thank you again for all :-)
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Koller repaired two inguinal hernias. I am grateful for his expertise. He relived the pain and discomfort that I had been experiencing for months and the recovery time was minimal. He is personable and his years of experience put me at ease right from the beginning of the process.
in Winter Park, FL |
I had been putting off corrective surgery for a Umbilical Hernia for many years. It was really getting bad, and at the urging of another Dr. I made an appointment with Dr. Koller. He was so positive in his diagnosis that he gave me the confidence to go ahead with surgery. The procedure was performed at Winter Park Hospital and did not require an overnight stay. Recovery involved a little pain and was carefully monitored over several weeks by the Dr.. Highly recommend Dr. Koller
in Orlando, FL |
Dr Koller very approachable & provided the right amount of detail to understand the procedure and recover period. My procedure was completed within a week of my initial visit at a time and location that also worked for my schedule. Post op recover was very quick with minimal to no pain. I was able to get back to my busy schedule in much less time than I had anticipated. Office staff were efficient and I was seen on schedule at each visit. The overall experience was very positive.
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Koller saved my mothers life! WE are from Pensacola, Fl and my mother has had numerous hernia repair surgery with extensive complications. I looked online and found Dr Koller and he has been our saving grace. My mother now has a quality of life that we would have never expected.
in Winter Park, FL |
Went in to the WP Hernia Center for a hernia repair. Dr. Koller had a great deal of confidence and absolutely delivered. My surgery went very smoothly and about 11 days later, I am feeling better than I expected to feel. His staff was very helpful and friendly, and best of all, the office was run like a business. Many medical offices seem to not care about efficiency or satisfaction, but this business is well run and managed.
in Orlando, FL |
one of the better experiences I have had. It was a stroke of good luck.
in Winter Springs, FL |
Had surgery for my sports hernia last week. Overall Excellent experience. Never required pain meds and was back up and moving immediately. Was able to get back to activities (running/biking) a week later Highly recommended...
Have you seen Dr. Charles Koller, MD?

Visit Dr. Koller

Blue Select
    BlueDental Choice
    NetworkBlue
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
    Employer Group PPO