Dr. Charles Gordon, MD

Dr. Charles Gordon, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Charles Gordon, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Tyler, TX. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Read his story

1814 Roseland Blvd Ste 200

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • CareSource
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Gordon

See how frequently Dr. Gordon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Herniated Disc

Dr. Gordon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Gordon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gordon "Spinal problems can be debilitating. Our goal at Precision Spine care is to put you back in charge of your life. We believe that most patients can improve without surgery, but when surgery is needed, we strive to offer compassionate comprehensive care. "

This content was provided by Dr. Gordon "As a Board Certified Neurosurgeon, I bring a deep heart of compassion coupled with cutting edge technique in stem cell and bio-medical care to give the most effective spinal treatments to my patients."

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Ear Disorders
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Implantable Peripheral Neurostimulator
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

• Neurosurgery Medical College Of Virginia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Queens Square Hosp
    Other Education | Completed 1991

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gordon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to family and friends
Dr. Gordon's Performance
in Talco, TX |
Dr Gordon is an excellent, caring, Christian doctor. Could not ask for better care or results.
Greenville, TX |
Dr. Gordon is very knowledgeable and thorough. He is extremely kind and thoughtful in his treatment of patients.
in Longview, Texas |
Dr Gordon is a very caring doctor, he listen to you and he's Christian doctor, I have been a patient of his for over 20 years, I wants told him fix it the first time and I won't be back to see you, he did just that I had to go back but it there for other reasons I'm doing very well today I would highly recommend him to anyone, he treats me with kindness and before surgery he prays with me and comforts me and lets me know everything's going to be okay
Paris, TX |
I had chronic neck pain for years. Surgery was a last resort. Luckily, I was referred to Dr. Gordon. He told me what results I could expect from surgery, and scheduled the procedure promptly. He and his staff kept me well informed throughout the process and were very professional and compassionate. I am thankful to have been treated by Dr. Gordon.
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Gordon is great! He was highly recommended to me as being the best and I do believe he is. Dr. Gordon took the time to answer all of my questions and was very matter of fact with me. When returning home from surgery I had trouble with the pain meds and had to be readmitted to the hospital - he was excellent in taking care of everything. I would definitely recommend him.
in Garrison, TX |
Everything about my experience was positive. Dr Gordon, his office staff and the hospital staff are very professional, kind and courteous. I’m 50 years old and this was only my second surgery, but they made the whole process easy for me. Surgery was explained to me and I felt very comfortable with the doctors decision on type of surgery needed to correct my specific issue. I would highly recommend Texas Spine and Joint and especially Dr Gordon.
in Longview, TX |
So glad that I chose Dr. Gordon for my recent spinal surgery. He had been highly recommended by my former physician (now retired), and I understand why. Dr. Gordon listens carefully to your concerns and shares his opinions and advice with you based on test results and thorough evaluations and information from a variety of sources. Then, he allows you to make the choice; you never feel like the doctor made the decision for you. Follow up after surgery is excellent. A+++
Nacogdoches Tx |
My experience with Dr Charles Gordon and Precision Spine Care was great
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Gordon and his staff were wonderful during my treatment and surgery. Thanks for the great care!!
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Gordon and his staff couldn't have been any better. They are so caring and helpful. I would trust him for any healthcare needs that I have. He took so much time to explain my issues and make a plan.
Thanks Mr. Dunlap! Call anytime
I would highly recommend Dr. Gordon to anyone in Tyler, he is truly the best in East Texas. Dr. Gordon is not only a talented surgeon, he's very friendly and was wonderful to my family and me.
in Jacksonville, Tx. |
Dr. Gordon was referred to me by one of the nurses at Tyler spine and joint, it could not have been any better, I was 110% pleased with my whole experience with Dr. Gordon and his staff, truly professionals in everything that I went through, the presurgery, and post surgery process was nothing less than perfect, I would highly recommend Dr.Gordon, he can and will help you.
in Rusk, TX |
I recommend to Dr. Gordon to all my friends and family. He is extremely educated and is in tune with his patients. When needed post surgery he called back with in 2 minutes and spoke to my husband to determine my best intervention. He was not in a rush and appeared to genuinely care. He prayed with us before surgery to help ease my fears and anxiety. The bed side manner of Dr. Gordon and his PA Mr. Wortham are exceptional. If needed I will go back to them without hesitation.
Longview, TX |
I really liked Dr. Gordon. He answered all my questions and put me at ease.
in Larue, TX |
What a wonderful physician, so caring and authentic! Had a neck fusion and the care I received was excellent! Loved that he took the time to pray with me and go over any questions or concerns I had. Highly recommend!
in Rockwall, TX |
Probably the best medical attention I have every received. Dr. Gordon, James and Sherri are a perfect team. Second trip for me. The first back surgery was in 2014, and when it became necessary again I did not even consider another choice. I was in a great deal of pain and they got me in quickly and the surgery was a complete success, again. Since my first surgery I have recommended Dr. Gordon to a number of friends, and will continue to do so. He is the best I know of. Like his books, too.
He has been very informative and helpful!
in Tennessee Colony Tx |
Dr. Gordon is a God send. I went to several doctors before I found him and was told over and over again that there was not anything that would help me. One visit with Dr. Gordon and I knew I had found the right doctor. He fused two vertibre in my neck eight weeks ago and I am beyond thankful. I am 80% pain free and well on my way to a full recovery.
Dr Gordan is the most caring doctor and has been a blessing to our family .
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Gordon was excellent! He clearly explained my surgical procedure and then performed the surgery without any complications. He is a very good doctor and I highly recommend him.
in Tyler, TX |
I never intended on having back surgery because I had heard the outcome of back surgery was almost never good. Therefore, when I suffered a major back injury, I was very concerned. Dr Charles Gordon, his PA Wortham, and staff instilled confidence in a good outcome. I have not been disappointed in the least. Through confidence building care leading up to surgery, the precision surgery, and the followup services have left me with a whole new excitement about finishing a strong fulfilling life.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Gordon replaced 2 discs in my neck. I couldn't have gotten better care! I rank him as one of the best doctors I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot).
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Gordon is an excellent physician, who cared for me following a motorcycle accident. He made every effort to relieve my pain without resorting to surgery. However, when it was the last option, he expertly performed the surgery, resulting in immediate relief of most of the pain. His caring, Christian manner was well-received and greatly appreciated. I will remain eternally grateful to Dr. Gordon and would without reservation recommend him.
in Longview, TX |
I am glad to have found Dr Gordon. Surgery went well and I was extremely pleased with the whole process. His staff always called me back to answer any questions I had prior and post surgery. Dr Gordon genuinely cares about his patients. Before surgery my pain was so bad I had to stop working and I could hardly walk without being in extreme pain. Now 90% of pain is gone at 6 weeks post-op for ALIF and PLIF surgeries. I am completely satisfied. I highly recommend Dr Gordon and Precision Spine.
Tyler, TX |
We can't possibly have enough good things to say about Dr. Gordon. He helped my husband with his L5-S1 fusion, with undergoing a 360 procedure we had a lot of worries over the process and recovery but Dr. Gordon answered all of our questions and was ultimately so knowledgeable. Dr. Gordon, his team, and the excellent team at Texas Spine and Joint have given my husband to much hope. If we or anyone we know ever needs a neurosurgeon again, we will recommend or go to Dr. Gordon in a heart beat.
in Jacksonville, TX |
Dr. Gordon performed a L3-4 microdiscectomy on me. I obtained immediate relief. His staff is extremely courteous and knowledgeable. His excellence as a surgeon is unsurpassed. This is the second procedure of this nature that Dr. Gordon has performed on me and I am totally satisfied with all aspects of both. I highly recommend Dr. Gordon with no reservations to anyone who has a back problem.
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Gordon and staff are so accommodating. They ended up finding an infected disk and they literally saved my life by helping to speed up the pre-certification process for tests and surgery. They were truly very caring and made sure all my questions were answered and that I understood all the process. I had about 15 specialists and Dr. Gordon made sure all that care was properly coordinated. I had no issues with the insurance or billing.
in Gladewater, TX |
Was so happy that I was referred to Dr. Gordon for my surgery. I've had several surgeries over my life and I can't remember a Dr. that made me feel at ease. Very pleased. Thank you.
in Jacksonville , TX |
Dr. Gordon and his office staff were able to get me an appt within just a week or so of my MRI. And after . Laser surgery to remove bulging disc that was compressing my nerve, I felt no pain. Surgery was the best it can be considering it's surgery. Dr Gordon prayed with me and I appreciated that a lot!He is a very compassionate and caring dr. So Is his office staff. Sherry the nurse , was very fast and concise when I had issues with my disability. I have already recommended him to others!
in Tyler, TX |
Recently had spine surgery...the outcome and rehab were defined before the surgery and the results were fairly in-tuned to what I was told. There were no unexpected issues from the surgery that occurred and the pain level went from a 10 to 0 in a matter of a few short weeks. Only the recovery from surgery remains.
in Tyler, TX |
I had constant pain in my neck with headaches and tingling fingers. I had a doctor that recommended a cervical fusion and I went to Dr. Gordon for a second opinion - which turned out great for me as he suggested another option of disc replacement. I had the surgery and feel 100% better and am so glad I went in to see him for the second opinion.
in Tyler Tx |
Had disk in my neck putting pressure on nerves going down my arms as well as carpel tunnel in each wrist. Dr Gordon and his staff were the best!! I could tell a difference as soon as I woke up from surgery. If you're in need of a neurosurgeon, Dr Gordon is the MAN!
in Tyler, TX |
The entire experience from consult, through surgery to followup felt much more like a hotel concierges type service level rather than a Dr./hospital. The pace, the attitude, the ambiance, the high touch.... all make for a great experience. I'm the type that likes to discuss pros and cons. Dr. Gordon and all of the support staff took time to listen (novel concept these days) and care about my needs. Oh, and I feel 90+% better after surgery! Thanks Dr. Gordon!! God is using your hands.
in Tyler, TX |
After 2 failed neck surgeries, Dr. Gordon has been a God send!! I no longer have ANY pain or migraines. I have more energy and am currently training for a 5K run. I have lost over 20 lbs and feel 100% better.
in Timpson, TX |
Dr. Gordon, showed complete compassion with his expertise. With GOD by his side he sets out to be the BEST and has proven his talent of being a neurosurgeon. He and his office staff have always been most respectful in answering all question as they have come to play. That in itself makes HIM and his office staff THE ABSOLUTELY BEST!!!
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Charles Gordon did an excellent surgery on my L-4:L-5 fusion. My sciatic pain was gone in a few days after surgery. His after care and concern for my full recovery was excellent. Denny A.
in Hallsville, TX |
Awesome Godly doctor who I would recommend to everyone. Very professional and his nurse knowledgeable. No wait times at the facility and I healed quicker than expected from cervical fusion with minimal pain.
in Marshall, tx |
World class doctor! Friendly, professional, good to his staff. Truly a blessing to Tyler Texas.
in Mount Enterprise, TX |
Dr. Gordon is the most caring doctors that I have ever met, I would recommend him and his staff to anyone. The Texas Spine and Joint Hospital was the best hospital I have ever been in. I have never been treated so well.
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Gordon performed a 2 level cervical disc replacement on me. At this time, I am a little over 2 months post procedure and feel very good. Dr. Gordon has been very attentive to any concerns I have and his nurse has been excellent with follow up to any questions I've had. I am a Physical Therapist by training and Dr. Gordon was exceptional at explaining my options and rationale for choosing the procedure he performed.
in Lindale, TX |
One of the most caring Doctors I have ever met. Not much on talking, but exceptional at what he does. Love,love,love him and Texas Spine and Joint Hospital!
in Kilgore, TX |
The experience was great. I came in with severe pain. Dr. Gordon recommended an ACDF 5-7. Within four days, I was in surgery. From Nurse Sherry walking me through the initial process to Dr. Gordon's expert care, I felt like a valued member of their family.
in Pittsburg |
Never saw him on the first visit only his PA. Second visit was with his PA about 15 minutes into the visit Dr Gordon poked his head in the door and asked the PA what his diagnosis was, agreed and left.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Gordon, MD?

Visit Dr. Gordon

• CareSource
  • CHAMPVA
  • Community Health Choice
    Medicaid
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA