Dr. Charles Floyd, MD

Dr. Charles Floyd, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  ·
Male
Dr. Charles Floyd, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Boise, ID and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from University Of Florida College Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery, adult orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

1075 N Curtis Rd Ste 101

Boise, ID 83706

• Altius Health Plans
  • Blue Cross of Idaho
  • Corizon Health
  • First Choice Health
  • Health Net
  • Idaho Physicians Network (IPN)
  • LifeWise

Learn about Dr. Floyd

See how frequently Dr. Floyd performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Back Pain
Low Back Pain

Dr. Floyd's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Floyd's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Floyd "My father was Air Force pilot and later a pilot for Eastern Air Lines, so we moved around every couple of years. This gave me a broad exposure to many parts of the United States. I chose to live in Idaho because of the people, the natural beauty and resources, the recreational activities, and the excellent medical community. I wanted to be a physician since about age 6 and devoted my life to attaining that goal. I chose surgery, then orthopaedic surgery, then finally spine surgery as my area of specialization. I trained at top centers around the world in order to become the best spine surgeon I could be. Spine surgery is complex and challenging, and it provides a great opportunity to make a real difference in peoples lives. It is the best job I could imagine. When my wife and I first moved to Idaho we started in Sun Valley where I cared for Olympic and professional athletes, sports medicine and spine surgery. After nine years I advanced my training by going to the Johns Hopkins University to study under the world's top adult spinal deformity surgeon, Dr. John Kostuik. We returned to Idaho and moved to Boise, where I first practiced with Boise Orthopedic Clinic. In 2012 I started a solo, independent practice. My interests outside of medicine include activities that I can enjoy with my wife, whom I met on the first day of my internship in 1982. We have a small ranch where we raise horses. We both enjoy long trail rides. My other life-long interest is photography. We also ski, hike and travel. I joined the United States Army after 9/11 at the age of 47 and was deployed with the 934th Forward Surgical Team to far forward positions during the invasion of Iraq in 2003. It was the most profound experience of my life. "
This content was provided by Dr. Floyd "Our goal is to help you get through your spinal injury or disorder to regain a normal, active and painfree life. It is our responsibility to look at each patient with an integrated, holistic approach, not just considering your spine, but you as a whole individual because so many other health concerns impact your spine.

We can coordinate the entire range of spine treatment, but our office focuses primarily on surgical interventions. I have been a practicing orthopaedic surgeon since 1989, and have completed three Fellowships in Complex Spine Surgery, including complex adult spinal reconstruction. I have the training and experience to offer the broadest range of treatment options, reserving surgery only for when absolutely necessary.

We refer to a vast number of highly qualified, professional health care providers for people with spinal problems who need other treatment options, such as physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, weight loss, smoking cessation, etc."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Injury
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Spinal Instability
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Medical University of South Carolina
  • The Johns Hopkins University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • North American Spine Society Traveling Fellowship
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. Floyd has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Floyd does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Floyd and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Floyd's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Floyd to family and friends

Dr. Floyd's Performance

I was referred to you today from Dr McGee and decided to visit your bio page. I love your care philosphy and look forward to meeting with you.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Sincere and caring. Takes all the time with you that is needed. Felt very confident having him fuse most of my spine.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0

Thank you, Doreen. It's been such a pleasure getting to know you.

Very cautious, practical, realistic, honest, caring, and extremely capable individual. If you do not need surgery, he will recommend alternatives. He spends whatever time you need and explains everything carefully and easy to understand. I had neck and back surgery including fusions and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0

Thanks, Katie. We go back a long time and you've been great.

I recently had spinal surgery (cervical disc replacement) and I cannot be happier with my experience with Dr. Floyd and his entire staff. They took absolutely great care of me.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0

Glad to know it, Dale. You did awesome!