Dr. Charles Fillingane, DO

Dr. Charles Fillingane, DO

Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases  ·
Dr. Charles Fillingane, DO is a cardiovascular & metabolic disease specialist in Jackson, MS and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from Ks Univ Of Med & Biosci Coll Of Osteo Med in 1985 and specializes in cardiovascular & metabolic diseases and preventive cardiology.Read his story

1021 N Flowood Dr

Jackson, MS 39232

• Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Fillingane

See how frequently Dr. Fillingane performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hyperlipidemia
Hypertension
Vascular Disease

Dr. Fillingane's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Fillingane's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Fillingane "I have been dedicated to beating cardiovascular disease for > 20 years and you will be able to tell the difference about my methods very soon after starting your evaluation at my clinic. There are 8 inflammatory disease states that cause cardiovascular disease and each inflammatory disease state has to be identified and treated from an inflammatory perspective if you are going to successfully overcome cardiovascular disease! I am considered a national expert in each of the management of each of the eight inflammatory disease states that cause cardiovascular disease: 1) Diabetes, 2) Dyslipidemia, 3) Hypertension, 4) Sleep Disorders, 5) Chronic Kidney Disease, 6) Mental Health Disorders, 7) Genetic Disorders related to CV disease, 8) Autoimmune Disease. Each of these disease states that are present have to be identified early as possible and treated from an inflammatory perspective. My clinic provides comprehensive cardiovascular care that will include ultrasonagraphy (echocardiograms, carotid dopplers with IMT), cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET), and segmental pressure testing. Add this to my thorough understanding of advanced cardiovascular biomarkers, and you have the ability to be thoroughly evaluated at one location! Patients generally love the way they feel after I treat their cardiovascular issues and then refer their family, friends, and work associates to my clinic thereafter. Recurrent referrals from satisfied patients is one of my strongest compliments!"

This content was provided by Dr. Fillingane "I attempt to treat each patient like I would want to be treated. Each patient approaching my clinic is unique and special and treated with care that reflects that understanding.

I attempt to be detailed in each evaluation and want to see each patient succeed at their plan of care.

People usually appreciate the amount of explanation provided with each evaluation! I want to make sure that each patient understands their medical condition and plan of care completely.

I will often provide handouts and added training opportunities such as teaching sessions with episodes of "Straight To The Heart," a 52 episode TV show that I produced for My Family TV Network and The Retro Network."

• Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases
  • Preventive Cardiology

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

1 Sanction
  • Unknown (2/1/2018)
    Action Taken: Consent Order
    Summary: Fillingane, Charles Samuel DO: License # 11114: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: Unknown at this time. ACTION TAKEN: The Mississippi Board of Medical Licensure executed a CONSENT ORDER.
    State: Mississippi
1 Board Action
  • Denial of License Application (5/5/2017)
    Action Taken: License Denial
    Summary: Fillingane, Charles Samuel DO: License # : NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician's application for certificate of qualification to practice medicine. ACTION TAKEN: The Alabama Medical Examiners DENIED the physician's application.
    State: Alabama

• University Of Southern Mississippi
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • Ks Univ Of Med & Biosci Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Lakeside Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Fillingane has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Fillingane has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fillingane does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fillingane and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fillingane's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fillingane to family and friends
19 total reviews

Dr. Fillingane's Performance

Dr. Fillingane Says:
"

Almost every patient that sees me states that they really appreciate my thorough and caring method of patient care. The largest complaints that ever surface at my clinic relate to my being behind in my schedule on a regular basis. I have a difficult time moving forward in any room until I fully understand each case and that aspect of my personality runs me late quite often.

If you are looking for a physician that gets in and out

...