Dr. Charles E. Crutchfield III, MD

Dr. Charles E. Crutchfield III, MD

Dermatology | Male

Crutchfield Dermatology 1185 Town Centre Dr Ste 101, Eagan, MN 55123 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Less is more. I like to do lots of little things that create very dramatic and satisfying results. When it comes to cosmetic dermatology, I tend not to emphasize any one particular treatment. I like to carefully listen to my patients and find out what bothers them. I then create a program that blends several techniques to give them the results they desire. As a Clinical Professor of Dermatology, I teach to strengthen my specialty and keep my skills sharp. As a perfectionist, I am constantly learning to provide the highest quality of care I can to my patients.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Crutchfield III's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Crutchfield III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Crutchfield III

Dr. Crutchfield III accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Crutchfield III has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Crutchfield III's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crutchfield III to family and friends
based on 1 survey (16 with reviews)
Experience with Dr. Crutchfield III
Dr. Crutchfield III's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (1)
in Milan, MI |
I came to see Dr. Crutchfield for acne troubles. I have tried numerous OTC and prescription regimens, but none ever worked. Dr. Crutchfield was able to quickly come up with a game plan. After nine months I can happily say IT WORKED! My lingering acne has cleared up and I no longer have massive breakouts. I highly recommend Dr. Crutchfield; both he and his staff are amazing and the best around - especially Sherri!
in Torrance, CA |
.As a patient living with psoriasis my entire life (67 years), I have been exposed to a number of specialists and treatments, some with very negative results. I sought out a leader in the field of dermatology who had an excellent reputation with working in psoriasis treatment. Dr. Crutchfield has provided such a service for me. He's remained my specialist for at least eight years and will remain so.
in Torrance, CA |
in Eagan, MN |
An absolutely amazing experience! It was so personal and caring! Jessica scheduled my appointment and she was so fun and energetic. She made me want her as a friend! Alexis and Deanna were truly amazing. They were so encouraging, kind, thoughtful and supportive and I never felt any pressure. Dr. Crutchfield was awesome. I work at a hospital around Doctors all day and he was the epitome of what a doctor should be. Warm, caring, professional and so supportive. I appreciated his honesty and suggest
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am extremely pleased with the results of my Kybella treatments for double chin. Looks very natural, not like I've had plastic surgery, which is what I'd hoped for. The staff at the clinic were all very friendly and professional and I loved working with Dr. Crutchfield. He is a fantastic doctor!
in San Jose, CA |
I've been very pleased with Dr. Crutchfield's care of myself and family members. I trust him with all our skin care concerns and have been extremely happy with our treatment outcomes from acne issues to scar repair. I would recommend him without hesitation and would add he's worth the wait. ?
in Phoenix, AZ |
Very friendly and helpful staff. Dr. Crutchfield is amazing! If you need a 2nd or 3rd opinion, I highly recommend giving Dr. Crutchfield a call.
in Eagan, MN |
My family has come here for over a decade, but: 1. Lack of concern. My mother called in w/ a deer tick bullseye & was told that since she hadn't visited recently enough, she couldn't come in. 2. Lack of attentiveness. I was told a mole removal would mean no water for a week, & I said I was traveling to a foreign beach in a week. After removal, they said no water for a few weeks. Ruined a trip of a lifetime. 3. Billing fraud. My 6th visit was billed as a new patient without prior warning.
in Chicago, IL |
Doctor Crutchfields treatment has been amazing for my father. He says that he has been battling with this condition for the past 15 plus years and has been to many dermatologists, but he really likes Doctor Crutchfields treatment plan. It has been working for him. He knows the treatment doesn't cure his psoriasis, but he is happy he found something that controls it. He thanks Doctor Crutchfield.
in Minneapolis, MN |
First of all, Dr. Crutchfield and the entire staff provided the best customer service I have seen in any medical office I have visited before. The professionalism is at the highest level. As for my treatment, I am more than satisfied. When I first came to Crutchfield, I did not know what to expect, but the result is overwhelmingly great. I had the best experience at this facility.
in San Jose CA |
To whom it may concern: I recommend Dr. Crutchfield to anyone who needs a good dermatologist. Dr. Crutchfield is great and has a good concerning staff. I had 36 weeks of Photo-therapy and it went really well. I was also treated very well. Thank you Dr. Crutchfield and staff.
in Dillsburg, PA |
For 22 years my mother has been to see many, many Dermatologists. She was told she has rosacea and not much we can do. She tried many creams, but none made her skin better. She thought she was going to die with a bright red face until she saw Dr. Crutchfield. After just one month she has seen big improvements. After 22 years she struggles and in just one month her life has changed and she is happy again.
in Dillsburg, PA |
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Crutchfield is simply awesome! I have done several procedures and they all exceeded my expectations. People always guess that I look 15 or more years younger than my actual age. Several times I have shown my drivers liscense to prove that I am in my 50's. I highly recommend Crutchfield Dermatology!
in St Paul, MN |
I first came to Dr. Crutchfield for ongoing eczema. I had been to other dermatologists but he was the first Dr. to clear my skin. I have since had other treatments at his clinic, and am very happy with the results! He and his staff are great. I recommend Dr. Crutchfield to family, friends and anyone who has skin issues.
Sachse, TX |
The wait times are extremely long and the time with Dr. Crutchfield is extremely short. He is in and out of the room in 5 minutes or less.
Have you seen Dr. Charles E. Crutchfield III, MD?
Are you Dr. Crutchfield III?

Compare Dr. Crutchfield III

• Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Dermatology
  • Pediatric Dermatology

Why It Matters: Dr. Crutchfield III's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Rash
  • Skin Lesion
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Crutchfield III says..

PROCEDURES AND TREATMENTS OFFERED BY Dr. Crutchfield

• Birthmark Treatments
  • Kybella
  • Cool Sculpting
  • Juvederm
This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Acne Treatment
  • Kybella Treatment for Submental Fat
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

Mayo Clinic Medical School - M.D.

Graduated in 1994

Graduated in 1982

• Other Education
    Mayo Clinic Graduate School - M.S. Molecular Biology / Genomics

Completed in 1992

Dr. Crutchfield III has no media or publications listed.

• Somali

Dr. Crutchfield III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crutchfield III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Crutchfield III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology
  • Malpractice claims in Minnesota not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Crutchfield III

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Crutchfield III's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Crutchfield III

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
×

Dr. Crutchfield III says...

Charles E. Crutchfield III, MD, is a graduate of the Mayo Clinic Medical School and a Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota Medical School. He completed a transitional internship at the Gundersen Clinic. An annual selection as a "Top Doctor" by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, Dr. Crutchfield has been named  one of "America's 10 Leading Dermatologists" (Black Enterprise), "America's Top Doctors" (Castle Connolly Guide), "America's Top Dermatologists" (Consumers' Research Council of America), and is the only dermatologist selected as a "Best Doctor for Women" by Minnesota Monthly every year since the inception of the survey. Dr. Crutchfield has also been selected as one of the "Best Doctors in America," an honor awarded to only 4% of all practicing physicians. Dr. Crutchfield has won numerous University of Minnesota Medical School teaching awards, including 'Clinical Faculty Teacher of the Year' and two "Distinguished Teaching Awards".  Dr. Crutchfield lectures the University of Minnesota medical students and often receives high praise.  Dr. Crutchfield also teaches the dermatology residents on campus and via externships at his clinical practice focusing on conditions in ethnic skin, vitiligo, psoriasis, acne and aesthetic medicine.  Dr. Crutchfield is the co-author of the children's book on sun protection Little Charles Hits a Home Run, the dermatology textbook A Clinical Atlas of 101 Common Skin Diseases co-authored with renowned dermatopathologist Bernie Ackerman, and recently published the smart phone application for primary care physicians Dermatologist in Your Pocket, co-authored with former the University of Minnesota Chair, Peter Lynch. He authors a weekly newspaper column on skin care, makes guest appearances on a local radio station discussing current topics for good skin health, and appears quarterly as a skin expert guest on a local award-winning cable television program. Dr. Crutchfield is also a Professor of Biology at Carleton College. He is a member of the AΩA National Medical Honor Society, an expert consultant for WebMD and CNN Health with Sanjay Gupta, M.D. and he has received the "Gold Triangle Award" from the American Academy of Dermatology, the very first "Physician Health Care Hero Award" from Medica/KARE11  and is a recipient of the Karis Humanitarian Award from the Mayo Clinic School of Medicine.

In local and national surveys, Dr. Crutchfield has been recognized as one of the nation's leading authorities on skin of color. An active member of the community, Dr. Crutchfield was recently recognized by NBC News' The Grio as one of the "Top 100 African-American Newsmakers Making History in the United States." He is also a founding member of Doctors for the Practice of Safe and Ethical Aesthetic Medicine, a nonprofit organization.  Crutchfield Dermatology has been recognized as "One of the 100 Best Places to Work" by Minnesota Business Magazine and Dr. Crutchfield has also been recognized by Minnesota Physician Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential Health Care Leaders in the state of Minnesota". His latest medical endeavor is an initiative requiring automobile, cell phone and insurance companies equip cars with mandatory technology disabling texting while driving.  For Dr. Crutchfield, giving back has become a way of life.

An avid sports enthusiast, Dr. Crutchfield is also the team dermatologist for the Minnesota Twins, Vikings, Wild and Timberwolves professional sports organizations.

PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS

• Doctors Mayo Society, Mayo Alumni Association
  • Doctors for the Safe and Ethical Practice of Medicine

AWARDS AND ACCOLADES

• Top Doctor by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine
  • America's 10 Leading Dermatologists (Black Enterprise Magazine)
  • America's Top Doctors (Castle Connolly Guide)
  • America's Top Dermatologists (Consumers' Research Council of America)
  • Best Doctor for Women by Minnesota Monthly

FORMS OF PAYMENT

• Cash, checks, all major credit cards, Apple Pay, and Care Credit

INSURANCES ACCEPTED

• We take most insurance plans. Please contact the office to verify coverage.

HOURS

• Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

WEBSITE

http://www.crutchfielddermatology. com/

Dr. Crutchfield III's Care Philosophy

×

Dr. Crutchfield III says...

PROCEDURES AND TREATMENTS OFFERED BY Dr. Crutchfield