Dr. Charles Crutchfield III, MD

Dr. Charles Crutchfield III, MD

Dermatology  |

Charles E. Crutchfield III, MD, is a graduate of the Mayo Clinic Medical School and a Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota Medical School. He completed a transitional internship at the Gundersen Clinic. An annual selection as a "Top Doctor" by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, Dr. Crutchfield has been named one of "America's 10 Leading Dermatologists" (Black Enterprise), "America's Top Doctors" (Castle Connolly Guide), "America's Top Dermatologists" (Consumers' Research Council of America), and is the only dermatologist selected as a "Best Doctor for Women" by Minnesota Monthly every year since the inception of the survey. Dr. Crutchfield has also been selected as one of the "Best Doctors in America," an honor awarded to only 4% of all practicing physicians. Dr. Crutchfield has won numerous University of Minnesota Medical School teaching awards, including 'Clinical Faculty Teacher of the Year' and two "Distinguished Teaching Awards". Dr. Crutchfield lectures the University of Minnesota medical students and often receives high praise. Dr. Crutchfield also teaches the dermatology residents on campus and via externships at his clinical practice focusing on conditions in ethnic skin, vitiligo, psoriasis, acne and aesthetic medicine. Dr. Crutchfield is the co-author of the children's book on sun protection Little Charles Hits a Home Run, the dermatology textbook A Clinical Atlas of 101 Common Skin Diseases co-authored with renowned dermatopathologist Bernie Ackerman, and recently published the smart phone application for primary care physicians Dermatologist in Your Pocket, co-authored with former the University of Minnesota Chair, Peter Lynch. He authors a weekly newspaper column on skin care, makes guest appearances on a local radio station discussing current topics for good skin health, and appears quarterly as a skin expert guest on a local award-winning cable television program. Dr. Crutchfield is also a Professor of Biology at Carleton College. He is a member of the AΩA National Medical Honor Society, an expert consultant for WebMD and CNN Health with Sanjay Gupta, M.D. and he has received the "Gold Triangle Award" from the American Academy of Dermatology, the very first "Physician Health Care Hero Award" from Medica/KARE11 and is a recipient of the Karis Humanitarian Award from the Mayo Clinic School of Medicine. In local and national surveys, Dr. Crutchfield has been recognized as one of the nation's leading authorities on skin of color. An active member of the community, Dr. Crutchfield was recently recognized by NBC News' The Grio as one of the "Top 100 African-American Newsmakers Making History in the United States." He is also a founding member of Doctors for the Practice of Safe and Ethical Aesthetic Medicine, a nonprofit organization. Crutchfield Dermatology has been recognized as "One of the 100 Best Places to Work" by Minnesota Business Magazine and Dr. Crutchfield has also been recognized by Minnesota Physician Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential Health Care Leaders in the state of Minnesota". His latest medical endeavor is an initiative requiring automobile, cell phone and insurance companies equip cars with mandatory technology disabling texting while driving. For Dr. Crutchfield, giving back has become a way of life. An avid sports enthusiast, Dr. Crutchfield is also the team dermatologist for the Minnesota Twins, Vikings, Wild and Timberwolves professional sports organizations. PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS American Academy of Dermatology National Medical Association American Medical Association Minnesota Dermatologic Society Minnesota Medical Association Twin Cities Medical Society Doctors Mayo Society, Mayo Alumni Association Doctors for the Safe and Ethical Practice of Medicine AWARDS AND ACCOLADES Top Doctor by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine America's 10 Leading Dermatologists (Black Enterprise Magazine) America's Top Doctors (Castle Connolly Guide) America's Top Dermatologists (Consumers' Research Council of America) Best Doctor for Women by Minnesota Monthly FORMS OF PAYMENT Cash, checks, all major credit cards, Apple Pay, and Care Credit INSURANCES ACCEPTED We take most insurance plans. Please contact the office to verify coverage. HOURS Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM WEBSITE http://www.crutchfielddermatology. com/

Crutchfield Dermatology

1185 Town Centre Dr Ste 101

Eagan, MN 55123

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Crutchfield III

See how frequently Dr. Crutchfield III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Infections
Dermatitis
Rosacea

Dr. Crutchfield III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Crutchfield III "Less is more. I like to do lots of little things that create very dramatic and satisfying results. When it comes to cosmetic dermatology, I tend not to emphasize any one particular treatment. I like to carefully listen to my patients and find out what bothers them. I then create a program that blends several techniques to give them the results they desire. As a Clinical Professor of Dermatology, I teach to strengthen my specialty and keep my skills sharp. As a perfectionist, I am constantly learning to provide the highest quality of care I can to my patients."

• Dermatology

• Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hair Loss
  • Intertrigo
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Plantar Wart

• Laser Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• Carleton College - B.S.
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Mayo Clinic Medical School - M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Gundersen Clinic - General Practice
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University of Minnesota - Dermatology
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Mayo Clinic Graduate School - M.S. Molecular Biology / Genomics
    Other Education | Completed 1992

Dr. Crutchfield III has no media or publications listed.

• Somali

Dr. Crutchfield III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crutchfield III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Crutchfield III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crutchfield III to family and friends
Dr. Crutchfield III's Performance
The skin cancer has been a struggle for over 20 years on my face. I decided to seek the best possible treatments to prevent it from turning into something far more serious than what it is now. I am beyond satisfied with the current treatment I am receiving now and I am very grateful for the care I am getting from Dr.Crutchfield and his staff.
Dr.Crutchfield was able to treat areas on me, such as my glabella, that I thought would be nearly impossible to cover. I am so happy with my results and no one can even tell I had treatments - but said I was "glowing".
When I first came to Crutchfield Dermatology I didnt know what my results would be. Good thing I did come because my results were what Dr.Crtutchfield said they would be. I am so happy with what I experienced as a patient. I like my results and have no more problems on my face after the treatments. Thank you so much Dr.Crutchfield!
Pleasant, understanding staff.
I had a really great experience at Crutchfield Dermatology. I had a rash on my back for a long time and after 2-4 weeks it was cleared away. I wish I had come to Crutchfield Dermatology a long time ago. Thanks to Dr.Crutchfield and his great staff!
Dr.Crutchfield was very helpful as always, very personable and easy to talk to. I had no problems with communication or appointment times for scheduling. Overall, I am very happy with the outcome and my skin is essentially clear.
The experience at Crutchfield Dermatology was great. He listened and helped make the process go fast. My skin is crazy good now!
I have been to multiple doctors throughout the years and non have satisfied my skincare expectations. Coming to Dr.Crutchfield has been the best experience and my needs have been more than met. My skin is flawless and I get so many compliments on how great my skin looks. I tell all of my co workers where I go and recommend they make an appointment. Thank you Dr.Crutchfield! I will be a lifetime patient!
Dr.Crutchfield is a wonderful physician! He is solution-orientated, a characteristic that is VERY important when you are seeking solutions for your skin care issues.
I started coming to Dr.Crutchfield when I was 20 after years of battling with acne. After six months, he helped to clear my skin. I've been coming here now for 12 years and continue to only trust Dr. Crutchfield with my skin. He makes personalized recommendations, his work is natural and people are constantly commenting on how youthful I look.
I came to Dr.Crutchfield because of a rash that had broken out all over my body and it was very itchy. This happened 5 days before leaving for a 2 week hiking trip to Utah National Park. He gave me a steroid shot, told me to take an antihistamine and gave me an anti-itch cream. He saved the trip! Within 2 days the itching calmed down and within 5 days it was gone. I was so concerned and worried I was going to have to cancel my trip. Thanks to Dr.C, we had a great adventure!
You know I can say Crutchfield Dermatology is the best I have ever seen. Dr. Crutchfield has good medicine and is kind. I recommend him for everyone. He made a big change in my life. I say thanks a lot Dr.Crutchfield!
The staff was so helpful during my daughter's skin emergency. We walked in and were to be seen. My daughter missed a full week of school due to her skin issues but recovered in a very short time. This was directly due to the staff and their excellence and guidance. Thank you so very much!
My experience has been absolutely amazing with great results in treating my vitiligo! All was lost 2 years ago until I started visiting Crutchfield Dermatology. Previous dermatologists stated there was nothing they could do for my vitiligo and recommended using makeup to cover it up. Dr.Crutchfield began treatments and now my vitiligo is resolved.
I was suffering from psoriasis for 11 years. Four other dermatologists could not relieve my scratching and plaque buildup. After a couple of days I could see results under Dr.Crutchfield's care. After one month I can see that the plaque buildup is reduced and areas of inflammation have gone down tremendously. I am hopeful to be clear or nearly completely clear within another month. Thank you Doctor and Staff!
I had something on my leg for 1 year and went to a doctor at least six times. I finally came to Dr. Crutchfield's office and in two appointments my leg is all cleared up. I am very happy and he has a new patient!
Crutchfield Dermatology has been very effective in the treatment of my eczema. I have been very happy with the results and all of the staff that I have worked with.
Dr.Crutchfield and his caring staff are very professional, knowledgeable and empathetic. The nurses are thorough and really listen. Thank you for making what can be an uncomfortable, stressful experience, a better one. I continue to encourage folks to come here that are battling psoriasis.
Dr. Crutchfield is the best! My daughter told her friend about Dr. Crutchfield and her friend made an appointment. Her skin is now beautiful!
Dr.Crutchfield's excellent treatment completely corrected my vitiligo. It is all cleared up and you would not even know that I ever had vitilgo.
I have been a patient for years now and Dr.Crutchfield has helped me so much with my eczema! He is very knowledgeable and cares about his patients. He takes concerns very serious. He is an amazing doctor!
The gals at the front desk were very helpful and efficient. The waiting room was quiet and comfortable - relaxing atmosphere. The wait time can be long, but hey, that's medicine. The brightening cream is working beautifully@ Easy to apply, light and not greasy. Dr.Crutchfield is wonderful to talk to. He listens and is very knowledgeable. I love his smile and warm bedside manner. The clinic staff are wonderful and helpful. Thank you!
Dr.Crutchfield helped with my skin. My melasma is gone. His Crutchfield Dermatology products are amazing. I trust him and will tell everyone I know. I am extremely happy and can't thank him enough. His staff is friendly and helpful!
Excellent! I've been dealing with psoriasis for over 5 years and no dermatologist could cure it until Dr.Crutchfield. He cleared up my skin after one visit and no major flare ups yet! Highly recommend Dr.Crutchfield for any skin needs, specifically psoriasis.
My experience with Dr.Crutchfield has been wonderful. After having acne since my teens (I'm now 36) I had tried what seemed like everything. Since going on Accutane my skin has never looked better. I have confidence in my skin again and love going makeup free! Thank you Dr.Crutchfield and your amazing team!
Overall amazing! My skin has cleared and in a timely manner. I get compliments almost everyday. Its a perfect feeling!
All staff are very courteous and helpful. Dr. Crutchfield is so personable and approachable. While he is at the top of his profession, he always makes the time to connect on a personal level. He has changed my life with the treatments he has prescribed for me. The best dermatologist I have ever been to...and I have been to many!
I love Dr.Crutchfield and his staff! I have had psoriasis on my ankle/lower right leg for YEARS. Dr. C gave me a spray version of a steroid that I had used before and explained that the spray was a superior delivery vehicle. He was right! In just 2 weeks my skin was so much improved. I am confident it will continue to improve too, as I continue to use it as directed to manage the condition.
Best dermatologist ever! He kept trying until we found a solution for my skin.
My skin was very bad. Dr Crutchfield's treatments work and now my skin is smooth. He is a very good person to take care of people. Thank you so much!
I have been afflicted with psoriasis most of my life. Dr.Crutchfield has helped me more than any other doctor I have seen. He has the latest technology and treatments and the results for me have been incredible. Dr.Crutchfield has also helped me with every other ailment related to dermatology very quickly and successfully. Thank you!
Amazing once again! Dr.Crutchfield is so personable, caring and knowledgeable. Basically, Dr. Crutchfield can look at your skin and determine what is going on with your skin. He then gives you a plan to fix the problem. I am proof that if you work the plan "regimen", the plan will work for you. One happy customer with my plan and results!
Dr.Crutchfield was the first doctor willing to prescribe a certain medication to treat my acne. I couldn't be more grateful that I made the decision to come here! Thank you!
Fantastic experience and wonderful results! A caring and professional doctor whose expertise is unrivaled. Cutting edge techniques and philosophies. I'd recommend the PRP treatments for hair loss to anyone considering them.
I am completely impressed by Dr.Crutchfield and his exceptional staff@ I am a nurse myself and completely trust this phenomenal doctor and clinic. I came in with certain concerns with my skin and he very carefully listened and addressed my needs. My face has truly never looked better! My last visit I left with Dr.Crutchfield's Natural Face Cream and I AM IN LOVE! My skin has never felt or looked better! Thank you Crutchfield Dermatology!
Dr.Crutchfield has been amazingly attentive to my skin concerns. His Natural Face cream is INCREDIBLE! I come to get the cream even if I don't have an appointment and I live 30 minutes away! An absolute must have!
I really liked Dr.Crutchfield and his staff. Every assistant was nice and friendly. They were professional and personable. Every time I brought up a concern Dr.Crutchfield gave me something to make it go away and it worked. My before pictures were terrible and my face now looks and feels absolutely incredible. Thank you!
Dr. Crutchfield greatly improved my skin condition. Thank you!
Prefect visit. My face is so much better because of the medication Dr.Crutchfield gave me.
Dr. Crutchfield is so personable and makes you feel so comfortable. I came in with a swollen, scaly face and red bumps and rash on my chest and arms. He immediately requested a patch test and recommended simple skin care products. I went in on a Wednesday and returned on that Friday with 90% improvement. He is the best and truly a blessing, Thank you Dr.Crutchfield! Highly recommend him to others with skin conditions or problems.
Top rate experience - I always leave with an effective plan of action which allows for rapid healing and comfort.
Dr.Crutchfield put my fears to ease the moment we met. After years of suffering he promised that I give him 3 weeks. I was nearly cleared in 2 weeks. I would strongly send anyone here. Staff is also a step above anywhere I have been!
Dr. Crutchfield does an incredible job! He is thorough, efficient and always willing to take the time to answer any and all my questions. His work is impeccable!
So helpful! Dr.Crutchfield was able to listen to my concerns and work to finally find a treatment plan that works. Very helpful and great experience over all. Worth the wait.
I LOVE the Hydrafacial! My face looks brighter, smoother and has a glow. Dr.Crutchfield and his staff are the BEST!
I have visited more than two doctors and I can say Dr.Crutchfield is the best the best!
I have had a wonderful experience. My daughter came with severe acne and today she is all clear. Her confidence has increased, and I couldn't be happier.
I have eczema on my face. Dr.Crutchfield really helped me get my confidence back again. Thank you to everyone that works there for great support and hard work!
Completely happy with our results here. We have been battling with my daughter's birth mark for one month with no results. After coming to Dr.Crutchfield we have seen so much progress within the first month. We couldn't be happier. He's amazing.
My experience was very good. My skin has finally cleared up after years of struggling with it. I appreciated the expert advice and the course I took to finally get rid of my acne. One suggestion i have is about the wait time. A lot of it is hard to control, but sometimes it was hard to schedule an appointment due to me having to miss work or school. Overall it was a great experience! Thank you Dr.Crutchfield!
Have you seen Dr. Charles Crutchfield III, MD?

Visit Dr. Crutchfield III

Dr. Crutchfield III accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Crutchfield III has admitting privileges