Dr. Charles Carnel, MD

Dr. Charles Carnel, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation | Male

Alabama Orthopedc Spine/SPM Center 52 Medical Park Dr E Ste 115 Birmingham, AL 35235 Get Directions

Dr. Charles Carnel, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Carnel is affiliated with Princeton Baptist Medical Center, St. Vincent's Birmingham and St. Vincent's East.

Dr. Carnel's Experience

See how Dr. Carnel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carnel

Dr. Carnel accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Carnel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Carnel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carnel to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Carnel's Performance
    GOOD
in Birmingham, AL |
I HAD GREAT RESULTS WITH DR. CARNEL!! I HAVE HAD BLOCKS ON MY BACK IN THE PAST WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS AND WAS LEARY OF DOING IT AGAIN. DR. CARNEL'S STAFF WAS WONDERFUL ABOUT GETTING EVERYTHING SET UP FOR MY MRI AND WORKING ME IN TO GET IT DONE THE NEXT WEEK. I HAD GREAT RESULTS IMMEDIATELY AND IT HAS LASTED SEVERAL MONTHS WITHOUT ANY RETURNING PAIN! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE I KNOW HAVING BACK PROBLEMS!!
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Carmel has been my pain management doctor for 6+ years. He is by far the best of all the others I've seen. He's personable, caring and well educated. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Moody, Al |
He is very personable and very caring. He spends a lot of time with his patients. If he can't fix your problem he will refer you to a dr he thinks is fitting for your condition. I would refer him to anyone.
in Pell City, AL |
I have used Dr. Carnel for years. He put a shot in my neck and it for better. I was down all last spring with my back. Dr. Carnel gave me 2 shots in my back a month ago part and I was so grateful. I'll be 86 my birthday and I've got fishing to do. Thank you to everybody there.
in Talladega, AL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Carnel's for over a year. I can honestly say I could not walk or stand without excruciating pain. He performed two blocks and I am doing great. He also gave me a shot in my knee when I hurt it and fixed that problem as well. Everyone was courteous and efficient. Thank you Dr. Carnel and staff!
in Birmingham, AL |
I coach basketball at Hoover High School and after a back injury during practice I was desperate for relief as we were headed to state. We refer players to Dr.Carnel and given his solid reputation as a leader in his field I scheduled an appointment with him. During our first meeting he tailored a personal treatment plan that he explained thoroughly. He followed up periodically monitoring my progress. After re-injuring my back he scheduled me for a block the next day. He exceeded my expectations.
Birmingham, AL |
Did not administer one of the 2 injections requested by the referring physician. Did not communicate to patient, patient's spouse, or referring physician that he was not going to do the injection. Did not document this in the medical record. Lied to the patient about why the 2nd injection was not performed.
in Ft Payne, AL |
I had lived with pain in my back for years, Dr Carnel gave me a shot in my back and it has lasted years. So I would recommend him in a heart beat.
Birmingham, AL |
Poorly explained my condition and treatment options. Didn't even bother to follow up with me after diagnostic injections. I also was not told what to expect and treated rudely by another doctor at this practice as well.
Helena, AL |
Dr. Carnel is a very caring doctor. I saw him for the first time yesterday. He has a very impressive bedside manor. He took a lot of time with answering my questions as well as showing me my MRI pictures and explaining to me what is causing my problems. I am not easily impressed on first visits, but I was very impressed.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Carnel, MD?
Are you Dr. Carnel?

Compare Dr. Carnel

Dr. Carnel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  •  Board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Carnel has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Carnel's Board Certifications

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Ataxia
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Sternum Fracture
  • Upper Back Pain

E Tn State Univ J H Quillen Coll Of Med

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Carnel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carnel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation