Dr. Charles Butrick, MD

Dr. Charles Butrick, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  ·

Dr. Charles Butrick, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Overland Park, KS and has been practicing for 35 years. He specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery, obstetrics & gynecology, and more.Read his story

Urogynecology Center

6730 W 121st St

Overland Park, KS 66209

• Advantra
  • Ameriben
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CompCare
  • CoreSource
  • CorVel

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kansas

Check Dr. Butrick's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Butrick's Top Procedures and Conditions

Chronic Interstitial Cystitis

Dr. Butrick treats Chronic Interstitial Cystitis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Butrick treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Bladder Diseases

Dr. Butrick treats Bladder Diseases more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Butrick treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

Dr. Butrick treats Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Butrick treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Butrick's conditions and procedures:

• Anal Fistula
  • Anterior and-or Posterior Bladder Surgery
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bacterial Vaginosis
  • Bedwetting
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Botox® for the Bladder
  • Female Urinary Stress Incontinence
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer Screening
  • Gynecologic Surgical Procedure
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy
  • Laser Surgery for Treatment of Vaginal Atrophy
  • Minimally Invasive Cystocele and Rectocele Repair
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pap Smear
  • Urethral Sling
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female
  • Vulvectomy
  • Vulvodynia
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

I'm board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstruction Surgery.  Our entire office has been dedicated to the care of patients with pelvic floor disorders for over 25 years.  I have made it my mission to provide the best education and care for women suffering with all pelvic issues.

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

3.6

Dr. Butrick?
Dr. Butrick's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Charles Butrick, MD
He is very knowledgeable and Cutting-edge in his treatments. He explains things in a way that is personal to each patient and he treats me as a whole person even though he is my specialist for pelvic floor. He gives advice when I ask to help me see the bigger health picture. I love his support staff. Margo and Tasha are amazing as well. His nursing staff is empathetic and helpful. Would recommend this practice to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
Dr Butrick was highly recommended highly by my physical therapist. He and his staff were fantastic. My repair was done at OPRMC. I highly recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I dare you to ask questions ! He will get annoyed and will leave room without telling you anything. He thinks he is "The Best Doctor" in this planet Earth. He has bad attitude and bad manners. His stuff is not friendly either. I would not recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
My mother went to Dr. Butrick for years for incontinence issues, had many procedures, meds, etc. done with nothing working. Just kept had her keep coming, taking more money from her, with no positive results. Her demise to eventual death was yet another UTI that went septic. I would not recommend him under any circumstances.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
If I could leave 0 starts I would. My grandmother has had multiple, multiple severe UTIs for the past several years. Each time Dr. Butrick’s office takes a week + to get results back (despite multiple emails/phone calls). My Grandmothers health severely declines during this time to the point of sepsis due to UTI infection traveling to her kidneys. Leaving her hospitalized, at death’s door, and taking MONTHS to recover. Here we are again in the same situation. He’s THE WORST! It’sMedical neglect!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I have seen many doctors with no answers in less than a hour he had my problems figured out and we are working on a plan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Butricks for the past 19yrs. When I started with D.r Butrick I had several issues? that required a Physician that was the Best of the Best. Before seeing Dr. Butrick I had been seen at both KU Med and Duke University. Sue Dr. Butrick's Nurse is Awesome?me as well and everyone in the office is nice to work with?. Dr. Butrick will spend the time it takes to answer your questions and explain everything that he plans to do. You will not be disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I feel like Dr Butrick already has his mind made up prior to even seeing the patient. This could be different if surgery is needed but that wasn't my case. Even though his website states they help with hormone issues he stated that was not something he would address that he just deals with pain. And when I say deals with pain he suggest muscle relaxers and PT. Pretty disappointing. I'm not looking for drugs and I'm 99.9% my issues are hormone related especially after seeing Endocrinology.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I believe Dr. Butrick saved my life. He repaired what two other local urogynecologist surgeons failed to do. I couldn't walk across the street without excessive urine leakage. When I did leave the house, I found myself lingering around bathroom doors so I wouldn't have an accident. At 55 yrs. old, I became a hermit. I found Dr. Butrick. He listened attentively, was empathetic and explained my options for a REAL repair by him. Thanks to Dr. Butrick, I'm no longer incontinant and social again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
Amazing Dr! Spent lots of time with me and was very through with diagnosis. Thankful I visited him after my hysterectomy for sexual disfunction.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I really like Dr. Butrick, but I love his nurses. Sue is the sweetest most caring nurse. I hope she reads this because she's amazing and I am always so glad when I get scheduled with her. Margo and Tasha are also wonderful. Tasha gives me a hug everytime I go in. So sweet! Dr Butrick is caring too he just shows it differently. He will interupt you and be curt but he just wants to help you and get you to feeling better. I will definitely continue seeing him and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
Dr. Buttrick saved my moms emotional and physical health. She had been to many docs and was basically told that her problems were "in her head." She was truly miserable for almost a year when we found Dr B. He immediately diagnosed her w vulvadynia and began treating her. She was significantly better the next day!!! Subsequently, she has had complete remission of the condition. We love Dr. B and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I spent several months in deep, debilitating, misdiagnosed pain until I found Dr. Butrick. He was extremely professional, and listened to me in great detail before he gave a thorough examination and diagnosis. His recommendations for specific pain meds, along with rehab, literally worked in the first several days. I'd expected this to be a long, drawn out issue, but after finding him, everything changed for the better. Cannot recommend him highly enough! Thanks to Dr. B and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I feel so fortunate that we have Dr. Butrick in the KC Metro area. I have been to many doctors over the last 20 years for my IC and pelvic floor problems and I feel like Dr. Butrick is the only doctor who truly understands my condition and how to treat it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
My first vsit in 2009 was a referral after serious complications from surgery another doctor performed. Dr. butrick was nt a warm and fuzzy doctor, but his intuitiveness and focus on what was happening with me was very reassuring. He is extremely bright, very thorough and I truly believe he saved my life. Staff is great. Dr. B knows what he is doing, he stays up to date on current best practices and I truly trust him with my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
Egotistical jerk!! Talked down tio me even though I'm an intelligent, educated health professional! Inexcusable! Didn't listen to me, spent very little time, poo-pooed dietary changes to help IC. All he wanted to do were diagnostic procedures. They weren't necessary given the obvious symptoms of urgency, frequency and bladder pain. Find someone else in KC!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
Very precise, answered all my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
I tell family and friends all the time about Dr. Butrick. He's amazing. He handles all the toughest cases. When I had several bad experiences from other doctors in the area I finally was given Dr. Butrick's name. I had 3 prior surgeries by other physicians and each time my pain increased. The other doctors didn't know how to handle pain especially prior to surgery. I wish I had gone to him first. It would have saved me a lot of anguish.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
Definitely a cookie cutter practice. It's the doctor's way only. The most egotistical physician I have ever met.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?
Did not listen. Did not take into consideration other chronic illnesses I have. I came away with orders for multiple physical therapy visits, and 2 procedures. However all I went in for was frequent urinary infections. Not once did he get a sample & treat the I had at the time, even after me telling him & the nurse I suspected I had one. I had to go to an urgent care clinic when I left & was diagnosed with infection. I felt he has a cookie cutter response without actually listening.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Butrick, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Butrick?

Insurance accepted

Advantra
Ameriben
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Beech Street (Multiplan)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Cenpatico Behavioral Health
CompCare
CoreSource
CorVel
Coventry Health Care
Family Health Partners
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Savility
WellCare
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Butrick treats patients.

Menorah Medical Center