Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph, MD

Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He is 60 years old.

2450 Wolf Rd Ste F

Westchester, IL 60154

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Bush-Joseph

See how frequently Dr. Bush-Joseph performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glenoid Labrum Tear
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Foot Fracture

Dr. Bush-Joseph's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Bush-Joseph Most of our patients are really - they're loss of function, or loss of the sports, the work, or the things they want to do, or they're in pain. And so those are the two measuring sticks that we use when we help patients. We say, Did we help you go back and be able to play your sport or do your job in a way that's easier for you or less painful or certainly more effective? And then more hopefully is that what you do do that you do with less pain and better function. The techniques and advances that we've made over these preceding years, have changed our treatments dramatically. An example is ACL [anterior cruciate ligament] surgery. When somebody tears their ligament, in the old days we would do a big incision. They'd be in a cast, and patients would be in the hospital four or five days. And they would be, essentially, out of their sport or activity for six, nine months, if not almost a year. And nowadays, the advances in techniques we've made - many of those pioneered here at Rush - have allowed patients to do this as an outpatient surgery, go back to work within two or three days, return to their sport in a matter of weeks, as opposed to months. The most important thing to me is seeing the results of treatment on a patient when they meet the patient's expectations. And then the best buzz I get out of it is when a patient says thank you.

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Tommy John Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Rush University Medical Center
  • Cincinnati Sports Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bush-Joseph has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bush-Joseph does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bush-Joseph and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bush-Joseph's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bush-Joseph to family and friends
Dr. Bush-Joseph's Performance
in Naperville, IL |
My daughter has been seeing Dr. Bush Joseph for over 2 years with 2 different shoulder issues – one that ultimately required surgery (bicep tenodesis) to get her back to her sport of water polo. CBJ is thorough, honest, straightforward, compassionate and a damn good surgeon. It's such a relief to be able to trust your doc 100%. He and his PA Travis Smith make a great team! They truly care about your overall well-being, recovery and return to play. So grateful. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
in Oak Lawn, IL |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph and his staff, including Travis Smith and the surgical nurse. From start to finish, the entire process was absolutely professional and stress free. I would recommend Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph and his team 110%! My overall experience was incredible and I had such a speedy recovery. Thank you Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph and his staff! Desmond McInerney
in Lisle, IL |
Dr Bush Joseph was prepared for our visit - he had clearly reviewed my son's MRI and xrays. He spent all the time we needed explaining with the MRI was telling us, answering questions and discussing treament alternatives and plans. He is friendly and NOT condescending. The office is efficient (been to both Chicago and Westchester) and both the office staff and Dr Bush-Joseph himself return phone calls when we had followup questions.
Chicago, IL |
Amazing!, Acl repair and meniscus repair. Quick recovery, very little pain. Super nice Dr.
in Roselle, IL |
He is one of the leaders in a team of orthopedic specialists.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bush-Joseph did a great job with my hamstring avulsion repair! I hurt myself a few weeks before my wedding while playing hockey, and the doctor did an amazing job of helping my wife and I understand the severity of my injury. His team repaired the hamstring, and after rehab I felt almost as good as new. Highly recommend all the doctors at Midwest Orthopedics at Rush!
in Elmhurst, IL |
Knee Surgey that went very well. Dr. Bush-Joseph is far the best in his field-overall a Doctor that you can trust to do his best for you . I can not say enough to thank him for all he has done for me. He took the time to review all xrays and explain the options that I had. The best review I can give is that the nusong staff at the hospital also had him as one of the best in his field.
in Burr Ridge, IL |
Dr. Bush-Joseph is a pleasure to visit. His staff and all associates that I have met including Travis are equally professional and helpful. The experience is excellent from start to finish.
Geneva, IL |
Very personable physician. Did surgery for a torn meniscus. Felt I was in the best of hands.
in Woodridge, IL |
Great Surgeon. Used advanced techniques (stem cells), took his time explaining the surgery and spent time with me after surgery. Great bedside manner! I highly recommed Dr Charles Bush-Joseph!
Chicago, IL |
I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Bush-Joseph! He is professional, helpful, kind and honest! I would highly recommend him!
Plainfield, IL |
Excellent physician with a wonderful combination of clinical expertise and a genuine care for individuals. He made sure my son understood the plan for surgery, recovery and follow up in addition to answering any questions that we had as parents. He is not only an expert in his field, but a clinician who understands how important it is to develop a trusting relationship with patients built around listening to each person, explaining in a way best understood by individuals, and a caring touch.
in Wheaton |
I was referred to Dr. Bush-Joseph by a friend high up in the WhiteSox organization to have him take a look at my daughter's knee. Being a former college basketball player(Michigan State) and professional athlete your used to high levels of medical care. I truly believe after meeting with Dr. Bush-Joseph and his assistant(he's really good too), that he's on a level all by himself. I can see why he's the BEST in the country. I'd recommend him to anyone.
in Naperville, IL |
Better than excellent! A 20/10! A true home run!
in Palatine, IL |
Dr.Bush-Joseph was awesome. My high school daughter required surgery to repair her ACL. He saw us right away, scheduled the surgery and we were on our way. Everything went smoothly with the surgery and multiple follow-ups. He and his team are wonderful, and his office very efficient. She was back on the soccer field in 6 months and feeling great. I can't say enough about the great care we received.
in Clarendon Hills, IL |
professional, good listener, honest
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bush-Joseph is very easy to talk to, honest, and made the visit painless (no pun intended).
in Oak Park, IL |
Based on our research, Dr. Bush-Joseph has done the most ACL knee replacements for young people whose growth plates are still open (300+). Our daughter is a 12 year-old soccer player, and her dream was to return to her travel soccer team.
in Westmont, IL |
Dr. Bush-Joseph has been amazing with my son who tore his ACL twice. Once in each knee about a year apart. He not only helped him physically he showed concern for his mental well being. He has the great balance between understanding the pain but also pushing him to get stronger. He gives us plenty of attention and time in the appointment where we get all of our questions answered. His PA Travis is amazing as well. Quick to return phone calls with questions I may have. I've been extremely pleased
in Chicago, IL |
Not only intelligent in his field but very personable as well.
in Chicago, IL |
Chuck is a great person with great experience. I enjoy seeing and talking to Dr. Bush-Joseph when I come to my checkup visits. Chuck did both of my ACL construction surgeries on both knees. My right knee recovered 100% and I was back playing soccer competitively until I injured my left knee. Chuck is very personal doctor and will give you the attention and time you deserve in explaining your options and treatment/recovery expectation. I believe you'll be happy and satisfied with him as I am.
in Highland, IN |
I have an interesting knee condition and Dr. Bush-Joseph has been a straight shooter with what needs to be done to live with less pain. Surgery is the best option, but he has provided me with exercises to try to alleviate pain, as well.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Incredibly knowledgeable. Took time to explain everything. Very professional. 10/10 would recommend to anyone. Great character.
in Oak Park, IL |
The office staff was very helpful, cheerful and prompt. Dr. Bush-Joseph, as well as his assistant fellows Dr., are extremely thorough, patient, happy to answer questions, cheerful, and understandable in their explanations. I was able to view my X-rays, taken directly prior to my visit with the doctors as what seems to be a standard first step for a new patient, and I felt very confident in their recommendations. No push towards surgery or any other intervention.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bush-Joseph is the best! He is very patient, explains the issue and offers the options for short term and long term care. I was recommended by my primary care physician and I have recommended him to my family and friends. The only thing and it's what happens when you're the best, it takes a couple to three weeks to get an appointment. Be flexible with appointment times.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bush-Joseph and MOR are the most caring in the industry. The staff and Dr. are very knowledgeable and experienced with my specific injury. Dr. Bush-Joseph and his PA took the time to fully explain the condition and potential treatments and long term options. I highly recommend them.
in Clarendon Hills, IL |
My son tore his ACL and meniscus doing competitive gymnastics. Dr. Bush-Joseph and his team gave Ryan the personal attention he needed to be able to return his sport full time.
in Western Springs, IL |
Dr. Bush-Joseph was GREAT from start to finish. From scheduling, seeing me on time, education, and professionalism.
in Midlothian, IL |
I would recommend Dr.Bush-Joseph to everyone's needs in Orthopedic. Very professional, great compassionate Dr.
in Chicago, IL |
Outstanding doctor! Very knowledgeable and caring.
in Lincolnwood, IL |
He was very personable and thorough. I had never been to a new doctor and came out feeling completely satisfied. He gave us his honest opinion and our alternatives. Thanks Dr. Bush-Joseph.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph, MD?
Are you Dr. Bush-Joseph?