Dr. Charles Brodrick, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Charles Brodrick, MD
Dr. Charles Brodrick, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Brodrick is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center.

Dr. Brodrick's Care Philosophy

Diseases and surgery of the retina and vitreous. Macular degeneration, diabetes, trauma.

Dr. Brodrick's Experience

See how Dr. Brodrick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brodrick

Dr. Brodrick accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Brodrick is now accepting new patients
Retina Specialists of San Antonio, PLLC303 E Quincy St Ste 100
San Antonio, TX 78215
(210) 271-7648Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Brodrick has admitting privileges.

Dr. Brodrick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brodrick to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Brodrick's Performance
San Antonio, TX |
In response to the post dated 3/17. A small blood vessel (conjunctival vessel) on the outside white part of the eye bled after an intraocular injection. This happens quite frequently and is of no concern whatsoever, which was explained to you. It is like getting a bruise on your arm after a shot. Also, when patients come in for just an injection and not a full exam it is a very quick visit as you literally get the injection and leave. Your appointment that day was not for a full exam.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Brodrick damaged a blood vessel in my eye during a procedure and failed to mention it to me. Hours later I was in extreme pain and could not see anything out of that eye. I contacted his office and a clerk advised me that he had annotated the damage and she explained to me how to treat the pain. Dr. Brodrick also said nothing more than hello and good-bye when he was in the room with me. Apparently, he is more interested in getting patients in and out and couldn't care less about them.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was unfortunate enough to experience retinal detachments in both eyes at 18 years old. My optometrist referred me to Dr. Brodrick and recommended that I see him immediately. Dr. Brodrick performed surgery on the very day I walked in because I had already lost so much eye sight. He has been the most professional, respectful, and knowledgeable doctor, as well as a humble and genuine mentor. 7 years later, both retinas still attached, I would recommend him a million times over.
in Pleasanton, TX |
I basically had an amateur do my cataract surgery and he took me to 20/100 from 20/30 overnight. Asa pilot and a dentist...not good. after about 80 dr appointments with retina specialists and two other ophthalmologists I was finally referred to Dr Broderick who told me what was causing the problem within 5 seconds. I asked him how he knew and he said he "was looking at it" a logical question is why couldn't (or wouldn't) three other MDs tell me whats up? Dr Broderick knows his stuff!
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been a patient since 2009. I enjoy his no nonsense attitude and his quickness of making a diagnosis and coming up with an adequate treatment plan for your specific condition.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Brodrick performed emergency eye surgery for a detached retina in April 2012. He called the next morning to check on me and reiterated the importance of following the rehab process. I see Dr. Brodrick once a year and I am impressed with his professionalism and attention to my personal care. I can enjoy my daily active lifestyle thanks to Dr. Brodrick's immediate attention. I trust him with my eye care and recommend him to family and friends.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was diagnosed two years ago with Macular Degeneration by my ophthalmologist. She recommenced I see Dr. Broadrick. I am so glad she did for I believe he has saved my eyesight. It has been a wonderful experience because of his sincere interest and his professional manner. His staff has been so caring and helpful, very rare in today's world. I cannot find any fault with any of the service and care I have received and would highly recommend Dr. Charles Brodrick.
in San Antonio, TX |
I personally think Dr Charles Brodrick is one of the best eye surgeons in San Antonio, he has the reputation of being a brilliant surgeon. I am completely satisfied with him, he was very patient answered my every question. He comfort me and told me step by step what was being done and assured me that everything would be all right. He respected my family's concern, personally speaking with them at the hospital. I am very pleased with the outcome of my eye surgery and the whole experience.
in San Antonio, TX |
Several years ago I was diagnosed with a detached retina in my left eye. Dr. Broderick operated that same day in the downtown Baptist Medical Center. I was treated with great respect, professionalism and caring, and the surgery was a complete success. I was sent home that evening with instructions to come back the following morning for a check on the surgery, and had extensive follow- up care until the eye was healed. I could not be more grateful for my treatment and the results obtained.
in San Antonio, TX |
i would recommend some one to him i lost my sight and now i have it back i have had eye surgery's on the right and left eye and i am very very happy with the results to you and your staff thank you very much keep up the good work
in San Antonio, TX |
He is very informative and kind. I have Diabetic Retinopathy and he has prevented me from losing vision with treatment of injections and lasers and recommending to take better control of my diabetes. He recommended an endocrinologist which helped control my blood sugars. This as all helped to prevent future damage to my eyes. I am very grateful.
in San Antonio, TX |
Response to Allie S.... Obvious psychiatric issues. Explained in detail rooms and equipment are cleaned PRIOR to her entering room even though she did not see it being performed. Explained her condition and treatment in great detail however she was more concerned w small talk and where i went for vacation than medical issues. Only uncleanliness was the pool of urine she left in the exam chair when she got up. Her main complaint when i talked to her was that she wanted an office closer to home.
in San Antonio, Texas |
Equipment not clean dr. or staff did not use gloves and they did not answer pressing questions they did not spend enough time with me to answer my questions
in Elmendorf, TX |
I have macular degeneration and was told by other doctors that I would go blind. Dr. Brodrick saved me from that fate, has never suggested unnecessary treatments and always explained what needed to be done in terms I can understand. You don't get comfortable with somebody who sticks a needle in your eye, regardless of its positive outcome, unless you have total confidence in the person holding that needle. Probably the best doctor of any kind I have had in my 72 years on this earth.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Brodrick, MD?
Are you Dr. Brodrick?

Compare Dr. Brodrick

Dr. Brodrick's Care Philosophy

Dr. Brodrick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Brodrick has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Brodrick has no media or publications listed.

• Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Foveal and-or Macular Hypoplasia
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Glaucoma
  • Graves' Disease
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Histoplasmosis
  • Macular Degeneration
  • Macular Edema
  • Macular Hole
  • Melanoma
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Paralytic Strabismus
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Sarcoidosis

Graduated in 1988

• Other Education
    University Of Texas San Antonio

Completed in 1994

Dr. Brodrick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brodrick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Repair of Retinal Detachment
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Scleral Buckling
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery