Dr. Charles Blotnick, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Charles Blotnick, MD
I am a board certified, fellowship trained Ophthalmologist who has practiced for over 15 years. I take the time to talk to my patients and listen to their concerns. My staff is hand picked for their education and compassion. I specialize in all types of eye surgeries and used the most technically advanced equipment and lasers.

Dr. Blotnick's Care Philosophy

Our goal its to provide personalized professional eye care. From cataract and LASIK surgery to routine eye exams. We have 3 convenient offices with early appointment times. We strive to exceed your expectations.

Dr. Blotnick's Experience

See how Dr. Blotnick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Blotnick

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Blotnick has admitting privileges.

Dr. Blotnick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blotnick to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Blotnick Says:

I greatly appreciate your time in completing a patient survey.  If you have received excellent service, please share this with your friends and family.  We are committed to providing personalized and professional eye care.

Dr. Blotnick's Performance
in Charlotte, NC |
Very kind , efficient and skilled.
in Lancaster, SC |
As a recent laser cataract surgery patient, I would most certainly recommend Dr. Blotnick to others on the basis of his professionalism, knowledge, and expertise in the field of ophthalmology. At each appointment, he clearly explained the LenSx Laser system and post-op expectations as well as reassuringly answered my many questions. Just one day after my second eye surgery, I was happy to learn that my vision was almost 20/20!
Charlotte, NC |
Before the cataract surgery, he explained it at his office in detail and during the surgery told me what he was doing. The post operation visits were thorough and he took time to answer my questions.
Charlotte, NC |
I visited Dr Blotnick to for a chalazion. He briefly inspected it, strongly suggested I get it taken care of immediately, then upon my consent began to do the procedure. I can't fault his skill, although the chalazion wasn't completely dealt with and recurred soon after. However, his communication was sorely lacking, both during the visit and in (lack of) discussing care, next steps, etc. I consider him a surgeon, a set of hands, rather than a full doctor.
in Concord, NC |
I have been a patient of this doctor for several years, beginning with cataract surgery and continuing through biannual exams. Never have I found him to be anything other than highly professional and exceptionally competent. He is also both friendly and concerned. I highly recommend this doctor for all your eye care needs.
in Charlotte, NC |
He done my daughter first contact lenses exam and prescribed contact for her, that we found out later was not the right kind. So basically, she's been wearing lenses that hasn't done anything to correct her vision.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Blotnick drove in on NEW YEARS DAY to meet me. I was in real pain from a rip (tear) in my eye. He immediately relieved the agony and arranged for long-term treatment. He took the time then and there to explain what had happened and possible courses of treatment right then. He did not leave me to wonder what had happened. All this on an EARLY holiday morning with the office closed!!! You can bet I would recommend him whole-heartedly with utmost enthusiasm.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Blotnick, MD?
Are you Dr. Blotnick?

Compare Dr. Blotnick

Dr. Blotnick says...

I am a board certified, fellowship trained Ophthalmologist who has practiced for over 15 years.  I take the time to talk to my patients and listen to their concerns.  My staff is hand picked for their education and compassion.  I specialize in all types of eye surgeries and used the most technically advanced equipment and lasers.

Dr. Blotnick's Care Philosophy

Our goal its to provide personalized professional eye care. From cataract and LASIK surgery to routine eye exams. We have 3 convenient offices with early appointment times.  We strive to exceed your expectations.

Dr. Blotnick says...

I have extensive training in the field of ophthalmology from the Medical University of South Carolina, the Storm Eye Institute, the Kresge Eye Institute, the University of Vermont School of Medicine and the University of Tennessee.  I strive to provide cutting edge surgeries with the newest equipment available.

Dr. Blotnick says...

Mecklenburg Eye Associates has the newest office laser and maintains affiliations with both Novant health and Carolinas Medical System.

Dr. Blotnick says...

Dr. Blotnick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Blotnick has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Blotnick's Board Certifications

• Corneal Scar
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Musc Medical Center

Completed in 1993

Union College

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Blotnick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blotnick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery