Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Charles Argoff, MD
Dr. Charles Argoff, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Albany, NY. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Argoff is affiliated with Albany Medical Center Hospital.

47 New Scotland Ave Bldg A

Albany, NY 12208

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Argoff

Dr. Argoff's Experience

Dr. Argoff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Pain Medicine

Dr. Argoff does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • SUNY
  • NIH
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Argoff has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Argoff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Argoff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Argoff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Argoff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Argoff to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Argoff's Performance
Rensselaer, NY |
I wouldn't take an animal to him. Uncaring and not compassionate at all. Felt totally dismissed. Such a waste of time.
in Meriden, CT |
I was his patient for several years on Long Island. I loved him. Though I've not seen him in years, I'd run to him if possible. To those known to me in upstate NY I always recommend him. I'm now in CT and wish it were possible to resubmit up our relationship.
Plattsburgh, NY |
While yes Dr. Argoff isn't the best with bedside manner, and he has a tendency to be more about himself than his patients, he still treated me when no else gave me answers. He has been the doctor who has been giving me Botox for over 7 years. I would trust no one else to do it. Office conditions have been getting better through the years, and like I said he leaves much to be desired, but I trust his medical advice and wouldn't go to anyone else.
Ballston Spa, New York |
Migraine sufferer for over 15 years. My primary doctor recommend him. My visit was horrible. Lasted 15 minutes. Told me 1 out of 10 people suffer from headaches and having them is normal. Left with no treatment options or advice. I really thought going to the Headache Clinic at Albany Med would be getting all my questions answered and getting treatment options. I was brushed away and I left feeling like living this headache life should be normal and accepted. Very poor bedside manner.
in Saratoga, Ny |
Horrible experience. Argoff is arrogant, no bedside manner and more interested in telling you about himself than your health. His office staff is THE WORST! Never return calls, when you do finally get someone on the phone they are incredibly rude and condescending. They also lied on a regular basis (referrals, appointments, results). I had the same experience as another reviewer where I was NOT allowed to see any other doctor in the practice - even as an insurance approved 2nd opinion.
in Diamond Point , NY |
I was refused care after scheduling between referring provider and Argoff's staff screwed up appointments times. I unfortunately missed my initial exam due to the confusion. His staff stated that he will NOT see me as I was a NO SHOW. I was denied a new appointment. This was devastating. I now travel hours to Mass General in Boston when I could've been treated locally. No matter how GOOD this man is, NO PATIENT should be treated the way his staff treated me. EVER! Absolutely Disgusting.
Albany, NY |
Dr. Argoff lacks any resemblance of a bedside manner. I treated with him for many years. There was not a single appointment that I felt I was heard. As a patient who has suffered well over a decade with a debilitating migraine condition and additional chronic pain, I have seen my share of doctors. Dr. Argoff unfortunately lacks the compassion and knowledge I believe all patients deserve. He failed to inform me of a crucial detail, which has led to additional life long health issues.
in Schenectady, NY |
I have seen Dr. Argoff for 8 years for treatments of my migraine headaches. I tolerated him because I had to! Botox has been the only treatment that has worked for me. Today I could no longer deal with his arrogance, abruptness or lack of compassion. He frequently has to reschedule my appointments due to other commitments or not being in the office and you are not "allowed" to see anyone else in the office. He also has high staff turnover. I would not recommend Dr. Argoff to anyone!
in Latham, NY |
At first, he seemed somewhat brusque and it felt like he wasn't listening. It was a little frustrating, as I had spent a long time with a great many doctors before finally getting an appointment. However, this is due to a cautious and conservative approach that ultimately has resulted in an actual diagnosis and treatment which is *working*. Dr. Argoff is brilliant and I feel extremely comfortable with him and confident in his treatment.
in Amsterdam, NY |
Dr. Argoff was uncaring, rude and abrupt with me. I left his office in tears! I was seeing a fellow neurologist at AMC who recommended I see Dr. Argoff for my ongoing migraines and TMJ pain. He told me I can only see ONE neurologist at a time, that he had no record of my doctor requesting he see me (although my insurance does not require that). He basically said I will NOT treat you...and sent me on my way. I have spoken to nurses at AMC who agreed he is rude and arrogant.
in Clifton Park, NY |
He is very compassionate to your problems and needs. Listens attentively and will work diligently to find the problem.
Only one who could figure out how to control pain after doctors at major hospitals gave up. We travel several hours for each visit to see him.
Best doc. I have been too helped me right away and seems to care abouthe people he treats
in New york |
First doctor that actually knew what was wrong with me and did something to help. I have been dealing with headaches for over 7 years before
in Albany, NY |
My Daughter has a genetic connective tissue disorder that causes terrible pain. Dr. Argoff refused to treat her when it is standard of care to address chronic pain. Because of bleeding concerns associated with the disorder, the only OTC pain relief is from Tylenol. He recommended PT for 3 months before he would see her. With a dislocated knee from a connective tissue disorder how does he think she can do physical therapy with only Tylenol for pain relief? Albany Med should be ashamed!
Very thorough, listened without judging, very friendly and informative
Have you seen Dr. Charles Argoff, MD?
Are you Dr. Argoff?

Visit Dr. Argoff

Dr. Argoff accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO