Dr. Charles A. Accurso, MD

Dr. Charles A. Accurso, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Digestive Health Care Center 511 Courtyard Dr # 500, Hillsborough, NJ 08844 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Accurso uses the latest cutting edge technology within a GI practice that delivers concierge like service to his patients....

Dr. Accurso's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Accurso's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Accurso

Dr. Accurso accepts 18 insurance carriers

18 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Accurso has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Accurso

Dr. Accurso's Review Details
4.8 based on 95 responses
Experience with Dr. Accurso
Dr. Accurso's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (85)
Belle Mead, NJ |
Dr. Accurso has displayed professionalism and attentiveness in every interaction with me. He considers and patiently discusses all possible options and outcomes and encourages you to actively participate in the decision making process. He also provides his medical recommendation, based on experiences, to help you reach a decision.
New Brunswick NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Accurso for the last 10 years. He is always willing to answer my questions and takes his time with me. He also has a great bedside manner.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr. Accurso was very professional and performed services in a timely manner. He explained all procedures in detail, made recommendations and always asked if I had any questiona.
Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr Accurso is a wonderful doctor. Our whole family has been seeing him for years.
in Piscataway, NJ |
Dr. Accurso has been my gastroenterologist for over 15 years maybe more, lost count. He has the best bedside manner from all the doctors I have been treated by. He listens and genuinely cares about his patients.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr. Accurso is very friendly, answers all questions completely, and makes the whole experience for the patient easy. Highly recommend.
in Plainfield, NJ |
He was very pleasant, knowledgeable and expended. He answered all of my questions. I never felt rushed.
in Bound Brook, NJ |
Dr Accurso takes his time and explains the why and how of all procedures and really listen when you have a question.
in Lebanon, NJ |
Very user friendly - online patient forms are great. Thorough, efficient and useful preparation resources and procedures. Staff was friendly and considerate. Very professional in the best sense.
Performed a colonoscopy on me. He and his entire staff are very professional, personable, and most helpful.
in Middlesex, NJ |
My office visits with Dr. Accurso are always excellent and informative. The office staff is consistently professional, helpful, and eager to provide me with a comfortable environment. I would highly recommend the Digestive Healthcare Center to anyone. Donald Reilly Middlesex, NJ
in Bridgewater, NJ |
After two colonoscopies with him over 10 years, I wonder if Dr. Accurso is burning out. While the office is very efficient, the human touch is definitely lacking. They go through the motions like a mill. He said good morning before the procedure and everything's OK afterwards, and nothing else. He said nothing about findings to my wife and I but did put it in his report. Why?
in Manville, NJ |
Dr. Accurso and everyone on his staff are absolutely wonderful. I cannot say enough positive comments about Dr. Accurso and the entire staff. I found it necessary to need his expertise many times in the past two years and experienced the most competent, caring care in his office, at his ambulatory facility and in the hospital. Every concern I had was taken care of. Results and appointments were made for me, calls returned ASAP and respect and regard for my well-being beyond expectations.
in Bedminster, NJ |
Dr. Accurso and the entire staff are exemplary professionally, and are warm and personable which is not the norm today. On another note, I have had numerous procedures in many facilities for on-going GI issues and both their office and their affiliated Surgi-Center is the best facility I have ever experienced. I would recommend to anyone who has any GI issues.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Extremely professional, knowledgeable, personable and caring
in Jersey City, NJ |
He was extremely attentive to my issues. I was shocked when he called my primary care physician on speaker phone while I was in the office so the three of us could discuss my issue together. Most doctors would never get around to calling; but he made sure my primary care doctor was aware of everything that was going on.
in Middlesex, NJ |
Wonderful experience with this doctor, his staff is nice and friendly, the facility so clean and the waiting time is minimum.
in Branchburg, NJ |
I recently had a colonoscopy screening done by Dr Accurso. He and his staff are professional in every way. They were very careful to ensure that everything was explained to me, that I was comfortable, and that the entire experience was as pleasant as possible. After the procedure, Dr Accurso took the time to personally explain the results with me, and he answered every question I had.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
I chose to have my procedure without sedation and was very glad I did. During the procedure Dr. Accurso explained to me what I was viewing on the monitor and for the exception of some very little discomfort, the entire experience was painless. Overall from the greeting I received from the front desk team to the nurses assisting Dr. Accuso, I was made to feel I was their only patient that day. Not having the sedative allowed me to return to work and even drive to appointments. Well done doc!
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Dr. Accurso is a very knowledgable and compassionate physician. He does everything he can to make the patient feel cared for, validated and well again. He has a diverse practice offering diverse services that make it very convenient for the patient. He seeks to employ like- minded professionals who continue his philosophy in all areas of patient care. He has been my gastroenterologist for twenty years and has kept me well and informed in new areas of treatment.
Manville, NJ |
Dr. Accurso met with me when I was dealing with unknown abdominal pain that was frightening and concerning. He maintained a supportive and calm demeanor, was professional, and took the time to listen to my concerns. He helped me develop a plan of action to address my pain and gave me immediate feedback through each meeting we had. I feel I can call him to discuss my health and will receive the support needed to resolve my issues. Thank you, Dr. Accurso!
Office is clean and runs very efficiently. Dr. Accurso is both friendly and professional. His office staff is likewise professional and friendly.
Have you seen Dr. Accurso?
Are you Dr. Accurso? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Accurso

• Esophagitis
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School

• America's Registry of Outstanding Physicians, Lifetime A
    • America's Top Physicians - Gastroenterology, Year since
    • Top Doctor of the New York Metro Area, Yearly sin
    • Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology, 2011

Dr. Accurso has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Accurso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Accurso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Accurso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gastroenterology
  • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Accurso

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Accurso's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Accurso

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Accurso's Care Philosophy