Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Charles Accurso, MD
Dr. Charles Accurso, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Somerville, NJ. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Accurso is affiliated with RWJ University Hospital Somerset.

319 E Main St

Somerville, NJ 08876

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthFirst
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Accurso

Dr. Accurso uses the latest cutting edge technology within a GI practice that delivers concierge like service to his patients.

Dr. Accurso's Experience

Dr. Accurso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Seton Hall University

• America's Registry of Outstanding Physicians, Lifetime A
  • America's Top Physicians - Gastroenterology, Year since
  • "Top Doctor of the New York Metro Area, Yearly sin
  • Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology, 2011

Dr. Accurso has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Accurso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Accurso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Accurso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Accurso to family and friends
Dr. Accurso's Performance
Bridgewater, NJ |
I was fortunate to get a visit with Dr Accurso immediately. He is very caring and thorough in his diagnosis and treatment of my issue. I am pleased with the care I received at DHC.
Bayville, NJ |
Excellent doctor and staff
Somerset, NJ |
Dr. Accurso has a nice bedside manner... he doesn't make you feel rushed, even though he's a very busy doctor. I feel comfortable knowing that he's going to help me get to the bottom of my issue.
in Bridgewater, N.J. |
I have been treated by Dr. Accurso for many years. I did a lot of homework before selecting him as my surgeon. He is an excellent doctor who always gives me descriptive results of the procedures. I have the utmost trust in hm. I would recommend Dr. Accurso to family and friends.
Warren, NJ |
Dr Accurso is great. I had an upper stomach issue that sent me to the ER twice. I went to another doctor who put me through test after test after test under the assumption it was my gallbladder. I THEN went to Dr Accurso and he diagnosed me within 2 minutes of the exam me telling me it was muscular. I went to physical therapy to address it and the pain is gone. In addition, he is kind, patient and makes you feel very comfortable. I continue to go to him. HIGHLY suggested!
Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr.Accurso was very professional and answered all my questions. The office was very clean and the office staff very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Accurso to family and friends.
in Bridgewater NJ |
From the moment you walk into the office you will know this is the best doctor's office you will ever visit. The office staff, nurses and doctors are top notch. I have had 3 procedures done in their surgical center and I cannot say enough good things about how my care was handled. They are professional, caring and helpful. I would recommend this group to anyone that needs digestive health care.
Branchburg,NJ |
Procedure performed with excellent result.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
The following review is for my last experience with the Central Jersey Ambulatory Center. Dr. Accurso was the attending physician for my colonoscopy.
Hillsborough, NJ |
He is nice, friendly and efficient.
Somerset, NJ |
Dr Accurso is a caring doctor. I feel that I am in confident hands when my procedures are done.
Hillsborough, NJ |
A colonoscopy is not the most pleasant of procedures (particularly the prep) but Dr. Accurso has a nice sense of humor that makes it all less unpleasant. I wouldn't go to anyone else.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
Just had my third colonoscopy (over 15 years) with Dr. Accurso. No question, he is the best. Very professional, knowledgable, with excellent bed-side manners. I highly recommend him and his practice.
in Yardley, Pa |
I have been a patient of Dr Accurso's for 30+ years. He is caring and he has kept me in good health for all these years. Being a scientist I have a real appreciation of his diagnostic approach and it's effectiveness in controlling my condition. He is The Best. C Hirsch
Somerset, NJ |
I really liked my previous doctor but he retired. I asked around and Dr. Accurso was recommended. I told him at our first appointment that a good bedside manner was a must for me and he did not disappoint. He was very specific with how the procedure would be performed and answered all of my questions at the follow-up visit
in Bridgewater |
Dr. Accurso is knowledgeable, professional, confident, experienced and patient. He combines the best of modern technology with traditional, warm bedside manner. The go to GI specialist in this area.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
MD very informative from beginning to end of procedure and appointment. I am in the medical profession myself and he spoke to me on a very friendly basis. Aids also friendly, polite and informative. Would suggest anyone should make appointment with this office when or if needed.
in Hillsborough |
I recently had a colonoscopy and EGD with Dr Accurso. He listens carefully to concerns, pays attention to detail and is thorough.
in Somerset, New Jersey |
Wonderful experience, staff and Doctor Accurso were excellent!
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I recently had a colonoscopy performed by Dr. Accurso. I think he is a kind, caring, knowledgeable and excellent surgeon and would recommend him to anyone needing his services.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
This is the second time I've gone to Dr Accurso and I was extremely satisfied both times even though they were over 15 years apart. He is an excellent doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. He is efficient and caring and I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends. I mean when I needed to see another gastro guy, what more of a recommendation could you have then to find the doctor that saw you 15 years ago.
in Bridgewater NJ |
Caring and attentive to my problems. Easy to communicate with and knowledgeable taking conservative approach to diagnose problems.
in Neshanic Station , NJ |
If you have to do this...this is the place.
Hillsborough, NJ |
Efficient, informative and professional.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr. Accurso and his staff made my colonoscopy exam a very comfortable and great experience. Dr. Accurso is very skillful and careful. His entire staff team is excellent in every step and aspect. I am so glad I found this good doctor and facility. Two thumb up!
in Bernardsville, NJ |
Everything was excellent! He is very patient and friendly. I felt so comfortable during the visit and his staff was wonderful and helpful as well.
in Old Bridge, NJ |
Great experience, very professional and thorough staff
Belle Mead, NJ |
Dr. Accurso has displayed professionalism and attentiveness in every interaction with me. He considers and patiently discusses all possible options and outcomes and encourages you to actively participate in the decision making process. He also provides his medical recommendation, based on experiences, to help you reach a decision.
New Brunswick NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Accurso for the last 10 years. He is always willing to answer my questions and takes his time with me. He also has a great bedside manner.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr. Accurso was very professional and performed services in a timely manner. He explained all procedures in detail, made recommendations and always asked if I had any questiona.
Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr Accurso is a wonderful doctor. Our whole family has been seeing him for years.
in Piscataway, NJ |
Dr. Accurso has been my gastroenterologist for over 15 years maybe more, lost count. He has the best bedside manner from all the doctors I have been treated by. He listens and genuinely cares about his patients.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr. Accurso is very friendly, answers all questions completely, and makes the whole experience for the patient easy. Highly recommend.
in Plainfield, NJ |
He was very pleasant, knowledgeable and expended. He answered all of my questions. I never felt rushed.
in Bound Brook, NJ |
Dr Accurso takes his time and explains the why and how of all procedures and really listen when you have a question.
in Lebanon, NJ |
Very user friendly - online patient forms are great. Thorough, efficient and useful preparation resources and procedures. Staff was friendly and considerate. Very professional in the best sense.
Performed a colonoscopy on me. He and his entire staff are very professional, personable, and most helpful.
in Middlesex, NJ |
My office visits with Dr. Accurso are always excellent and informative. The office staff is consistently professional, helpful, and eager to provide me with a comfortable environment. I would highly recommend the Digestive Healthcare Center to anyone. Donald Reilly Middlesex, NJ
in Bridgewater, NJ |
After two colonoscopies with him over 10 years, I wonder if Dr. Accurso is burning out. While the office is very efficient, the human touch is definitely lacking. They go through the motions like a mill. He said good morning before the procedure and everything's OK afterwards, and nothing else. He said nothing about findings to my wife and I but did put it in his report. Why?
in Manville, NJ |
Dr. Accurso and everyone on his staff are absolutely wonderful. I cannot say enough positive comments about Dr. Accurso and the entire staff. I found it necessary to need his expertise many times in the past two years and experienced the most competent, caring care in his office, at his ambulatory facility and in the hospital. Every concern I had was taken care of. Results and appointments were made for me, calls returned ASAP and respect and regard for my well-being beyond expectations.
in Bedminster, NJ |
Dr. Accurso and the entire staff are exemplary professionally, and are warm and personable which is not the norm today. On another note, I have had numerous procedures in many facilities for on-going GI issues and both their office and their affiliated Surgi-Center is the best facility I have ever experienced. I would recommend to anyone who has any GI issues.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Extremely professional, knowledgeable, personable and caring
in Jersey City, NJ |
He was extremely attentive to my issues. I was shocked when he called my primary care physician on speaker phone while I was in the office so the three of us could discuss my issue together. Most doctors would never get around to calling; but he made sure my primary care doctor was aware of everything that was going on.
in Middlesex, NJ |
Wonderful experience with this doctor, his staff is nice and friendly, the facility so clean and the waiting time is minimum.
in Branchburg, NJ |
I recently had a colonoscopy screening done by Dr Accurso. He and his staff are professional in every way. They were very careful to ensure that everything was explained to me, that I was comfortable, and that the entire experience was as pleasant as possible. After the procedure, Dr Accurso took the time to personally explain the results with me, and he answered every question I had.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
I chose to have my procedure without sedation and was very glad I did. During the procedure Dr. Accurso explained to me what I was viewing on the monitor and for the exception of some very little discomfort, the entire experience was painless. Overall from the greeting I received from the front desk team to the nurses assisting Dr. Accuso, I was made to feel I was their only patient that day. Not having the sedative allowed me to return to work and even drive to appointments. Well done doc!
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Dr. Accurso is a very knowledgable and compassionate physician. He does everything he can to make the patient feel cared for, validated and well again. He has a diverse practice offering diverse services that make it very convenient for the patient. He seeks to employ like- minded professionals who continue his philosophy in all areas of patient care. He has been my gastroenterologist for twenty years and has kept me well and informed in new areas of treatment.
Manville, NJ |
Dr. Accurso met with me when I was dealing with unknown abdominal pain that was frightening and concerning. He maintained a supportive and calm demeanor, was professional, and took the time to listen to my concerns. He helped me develop a plan of action to address my pain and gave me immediate feedback through each meeting we had. I feel I can call him to discuss my health and will receive the support needed to resolve my issues. Thank you, Dr. Accurso!
Office is clean and runs very efficiently. Dr. Accurso is both friendly and professional. His office staff is likewise professional and friendly.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Accurso, MD?
Are you Dr. Accurso?

Value Network PPO
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA