Dr. Charlene Okomski, DO

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

Timeless Image 6210 Scott St Unit 216 Punta Gorda, FL 33950 Get Directions
Dr. Charlene Okomski, DO

Dr. Okomski was born in Philadelphia, PA. She received her bachelor degree from the University of Dayton in Dayton, OH. Dr. Okomski furthered her education with a medical degree from the University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, MO. The doctor did an Internship and Residency in OB/GYN at Lancaster Community Hospital in Lancaster, Pa. She is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and was in private practice in Dover, De. before relocating to Charlotte County. She specializes in routine gynecological, care for women of all ages, including adolescents. As well as, gynecologic surgery; including hysteroscopic and laparoscopic procedures, treatment of endometriosis, urinary incontinence therapy, infertility diagnosis, hormone replacement therapy and the latest in the management of menorrhagia (excessive menstrual bleeding). Dr. Okomski offers the latest in simple in office procedures for bladder problems and heavy menstrual bleeding. daVinci robotic surgery available for certain procedures. The benefits of this type of surgery e.g. less blood loss, shorter hospital stay, less narcotic pain medicine required and small incisions for minimal scarring Dr. Okomski is a member of the Academy of Cosmetic Gynecologists. She has completed advanced training in tumescent liposuction, tummy tucks and body sculpting. She also offers a full range of laser cosmetic procedures for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, spider vein elimination, and acne treatment, age spots, and rosacea. Dr. Charlene Okomski has also completed advanced training in Botox, Belotereo, and Radiesse treatments. Dr Charlene Okomski has a desire to provide the highest quality gynecological care in pleasant surroundings with courtesy and understanding. Dr. Okomski employs a very conservative, non-invasive approach to medicine when appropriate. Although she is a very accomplished surgeon should the need for surgery develop. Dr. Charlene Okomski decided to become a doctor at a very early age stemming from her desire and skill set to address human health concerns as well as her family's own experiences with medical issues. Becoming a doctor has always been a dream of hers and she worked hard to make this happen. Dr. Okomski has a kind touch and caring heart Should you choose Dr. Charlene Okomski for your healthcare (or beauty needs); you can expect to be treated professionally and courteously at all times. New patients are welcome! Established patients appreciated!

...See Less

Dr. Okomski's Care Philosophy

Dr. Charlene Okomski ,along with her ARNP-WHNPC Valerie Dorn and Sukdai Mangru CNM believe in building a rapport with our clients to create a trusting & comfortable environment. Our well-trained office personnel always take the time to fully explain testing procedures and discuss the results with you honestly. Our goal is to make your trip as pleasant as possible. When it comes to meeting your most personal needs, why not put your trust in another woman. At Dr. Okomski's & Timeless Image we believe in providing the best care for Women by Women. Kind Heart and a Caring Touch

Dr. Okomski's Experience

See how Dr. Okomski's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Okomski

Dr. Okomski accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Okomski is now accepting new patients
Charlene Okomski DO,PA6210 Scott St Unit 216
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
(941) 205-5500Get Directions

Dr. Okomski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Okomski to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Okomski Says:

I appreciate your time in submitting a patient survey. If you've received great service and attention, please tell a friend. If you did not, please tell my office manager or a staff member. We are committed to providing you with the best care possible.

Dr. Okomski's Performance
Miami, FL |
Dr. Okomski is a great Dr. However good luck getting an appointment with her i have asked for appointments with her for over 3 years after she preformed a surgerey on me and multiple times they told me my appointment would be with her then i get there and find myself in a room with a woman who is not my doctor i dont feel comfortable in her care because she has been rude and uncompassionate with me previously after i have requested not to see her. This office has gone down hill. Ill go elsewhere
Sarasota, FL |
I am so glad I changed to Dr. Okomski's office. I have seen both Valerie and Suki & they are both very professional, thorough and caring. The staff is friendly & accommodating and I feel very welcomed when I walk in the door.
Port Charlotte, FL |
I called this doctor as a new patient and I was having abdominal pai issues. Ask for the soonest appointment.Left 3 voice mails and online THEY NEVER CALLED ME BACK! Why is she doing a full page ad in Florida Weekly and then not calling people in pain back? Heard alot of bad things since...would never go here.
Punta Gorda, FL |
I was an ob patient of Dr. Okomski. She did a C-section that was excellent. However, her office staff is horrible. I would leave message inquiring about ultrasound results because of possible complications. No response. The only way you can get a response is physically driving down there and wait for your answer. That's very sad and frustrating!!
in Port Charlotte, FL |
After going to the ER I was told to go to a O.B. for my miscarriage that was about to happen. I was referred by a friend to her. I went several time during the next two weeks when my miscarriage happened. I was not asked it was ok if I saw the nurse practitioner instead. I also felt like she cared more about her plastic surgery side of medicine then the O.B. side by all the advertisements and her not even introducing herself to me but walking right by me as I was being taken to a room.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
First thing - I love the new office!!! Congratulations! Second - I have to tell you how much I appreciate Valerie! I never feel rushed, she always answers my questions and she laughs at all my jokes!! But in all seriousness, Valerie makes a very personal, intimate office visit so comfortable. I came to this practice after 18 years with another Dr. Best decision I've made! The Front Desk staff is awesome! PS - Age drop down box not working. I am 63 years old.
San Jose, CA |
Performed a circumcision on my son which is covered by insurance. AFTER the procedure I was told I owe $275 right then and there out of pocket.they said insurance only doesn't cover an ob to do it but no one ever told me before the apt. Total entrapment. I would have NEVER taken him there if I had known. Now they refuse to see me for my post partum apt. Which dr O told me I have a thin uterus &she would explain at f/u apt.Also need Bc.so upset that their lack of telling me means I get no pp care
in Punta Gorda, FL |
First visit was excellent, now I can only see the NP. I requested the doctor but was told she only sees Obstetrics and surgical patients.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
SHE EXUDES A POSITIVE FRIENDLY HELPFULL ATTITUDE
in Port Charlotte |
I had an an appointment today and as I was leaving I talked to Jennifer at the front desk about my Sedgwick paperwork that I keep calling her about to get her to send it over so I can go on leave. She very rudely told me I already sent it and that when I get home to call her to give her there fax number again and that this would be the last time she's sending it. She's supposedly only sent it once so why she would say that to me shocks me it's not like she has sent it five times.
in Punta Gorda |
I've been going to Dr. Okomski for probably 7 or 8 years. Dr. Okomski and Valerie are the providers I've had for most of my visits. They are both amazing and take time in the room to answer any questions or issues I may have. I had been dealing with an issue for close to 10 years, going to 5 or 6 different doctors, & Valerie was able to figure out the cause in just one visit! I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Charlene Okomski, DO?
Are you Dr. Okomski?

Compare Dr. Okomski

Dr. Okomski says...

Dr. Okomski was born in Philadelphia, PA.  She received her bachelor degree from the University of Dayton in Dayton, OH.  Dr. Okomski furthered her education with a medical degree from the University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, MO.  The doctor did an Internship and Residency in OB/GYN at Lancaster Community Hospital in Lancaster, Pa.  She is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and was in private practice in Dover, De. before relocating to Charlotte County.

She specializes in routine gynecological, care for women of all ages, including adolescents.  As well as, gynecologic surgery; including hysteroscopic and laparoscopic procedures, treatment of endometriosis, urinary incontinence therapy, infertility diagnosis, hormone replacement therapy and the latest in the management of  menorrhagia  (excessive menstrual bleeding). Dr. Okomski offers the latest in simple in office procedures for bladder problems and heavy menstrual bleeding. daVinci robotic surgery available for certain procedures.  The benefits of this type of surgery e.g. less blood loss, shorter hospital stay, less narcotic pain medicine required and  small incisions for minimal scarring

Dr. Okomski is a member of the Academy of Cosmetic Gynecologists.  She has completed advanced training in tumescent liposuction, tummy tucks and body sculpting.  She also offers a full range of laser cosmetic procedures for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, spider vein elimination, and acne treatment, age spots, and rosacea.  Dr. Charlene Okomski has also completed advanced training in Botox, Belotereo, and Radiesse treatments.

Dr Charlene Okomski has a desire to provide the highest quality gynecological care in pleasant surroundings with courtesy and understanding.  Dr. Okomski employs a very conservative, non-invasive approach to medicine when appropriate.  Although she is a very accomplished surgeon should the need for surgery develop.

Dr. Okomski has a kind touch and caring heart

New patients are welcome!  Established patients appreciated!

Dr. Okomski's Care Philosophy

Dr. Charlene Okomski ,along with her ARNP-WHNPC Valerie Dorn and Sukdai Mangru CNM  believe in building a rapport with our clients to create a trusting & comfortable environment. Our well-trained office personnel always take the time to fully explain testing procedures and discuss the results with you honestly.

Kind Heart and a Caring Touch

Dr. Okomski says...

BIO for Valerie Dorn ARNP-WHNPC (Dr. Okomski trusted and valuable ARNP)

Valerie Dorn was born in Pennsylvania. She earned her Associate of Nursing Degree from Edison College.  She went on to earn her Bachelor Degree in Nursing from Florida Gulf Coast University.  She then pursued her Master's Degree, specializing in Womens Healthcare from Emory University in Atlanta, Ga.  She is Board Certified as a Womens Healthcare Nurse Practitioner.  She has worked in Southwest Florida as a Nurse Practitioner since 2006.

Valerie Dorn is a member of The Association of Womens Health Nurse Practitioners since 2005.  She has worked along side Dr. Okomski since 2008.  She has completed advanced training in cosmetic procedures including facial fillers and neurotoxins to keep women looking their best! To aid women in feeling their best, she has done additional training in Bio identical Hormone replacement therapy.

Valerie truly believes that women spend so much of their lives caring for others.  She will take her time providing care for you, so that you can continue to look and feel your best in caring for those around you!

Caring Heart and a Kind Touch.

ARNP-WHNPC

Dr. Okomski says...

Dr. Okomski's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Okomski has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Okomski's Board Certifications

• Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menstrual Cramps
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Placenta Previa

Acoog

Completed in 1997

University Of Dayton

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Okomski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Okomski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Colposcopy
  • Cosmetic Procedure
  • Cryotherapy for Warts
  • Cystoscopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions