Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Charla Fischer, MD
I'm committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for my patients with a commitment to pain control and a quick recovery. I treat back and neck problems using minimally invasive surgical techniques when appropriate. My practice focuses on degenerative disc diseases of the cervical and lumbar spine, herniated discs, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, trauma, and tumors.

161 Fort Washington Ave

• Medicare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Fischer

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Dr. Fischer's Experience

Dr. Fischer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lordosis
  • Lower Back Muscle Strain
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Occult Spinal Dysraphism

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Spacer Procedure
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Vertebroplasty

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Southern California
  • Columbia University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Fischer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fischer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fischer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Fischer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fischer to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Fischer's Performance
in NY |
Horrible person. Very proud. Least interested in listening to my problem. Dismissive. Thinking the only intelligent person in the room is she. Gave me a misdiagnosis. This part is interesting I got the x-rays at NYU(she won't see me without one) she said the nothing wrong with it and didn't bothey going over it. I paid $160 out. The exact same x-ray reviewed by Dr Lehman (Great doc from Columbia) showed me where the problem lies. My rating for her ZERO. She is in wrong business.
in New York City |
Excellent doctor. Handed our patient of complex spine Surgery with efficiency. Thanks to Dr. Charla
in bronx, ny |
Awesome surgeon and physician. Excellent customer service. Recently departed Columbia to practice at NYU. Great loss and I'm doing everything to follow her.She fused my spine in three places; we are connected for life!!!
North Aurora, IL |
Everyone told me my friend would never walk Dr. Fischer believed in her she is 53 with cerebral palsy and was not mobile for 2 years. First Dr. To actively address a handicap as a person she found spinal stenosis and did a decompression surgery also she found the baclofen pump that my friend had was not working, needless to say we're coming from chicago to New York for our 2 year visit WALKING SOME...
in Jamaica, NY |
Thank you Dr. Fischer. I am thankful for God and for all of your help in relieving me of my pain. I am very satisfied with the surgery that you performed. I am thankful for God leading me to finding you. I consider you my savior and I wish you many blessings and that God continues to guide you through every surgery, as well as your staff including Allan Pavilion. You all treated me very well. And all of your collaborates, especially Sabrina. Thank you so much! - From Ms. Marinez.
in New York, NY |
Great Doctor. She is Very easy to speak with and she is always focused on the patients needs and problems. My chronic pain improves now day by day, Thank you Dr. Fisher.
in Newark, NJ |
Horrible. Not interested in listening to patient. Dismissive. Thinking the only intelligent person in the room is she. Gave me a misdiagnosis. Thank God I didn't follow anything she recommended. She might have a profile of patient she wants to help or she might be after what makes money fast. I don't know. But be very smart if you see her or you'll be messed up completely.
in New York, NY |
I would recomnend Dr.Fisher for her skills and professionalism. Her compassion and ability to explain procedures and make you feel at ease, without any doubts that she would provide theBest of Care with the best of her ability. She listens to your concerns and calm fears. To me he was my Angel sent from God. Thank you Dr. Fischer. I can Dance again, and pain free. May you continue to live up to your oath to help heal and provide Hope to many more, like me. Once again, THANK YOU!!
Glen Rock, NJ |
When I met Dr. Fischer, in August 2016, at the age of thirty-four, I had been living with a chronic lower back ache, along with nerve pain which radiated down one leg, or the other, for eight straight years. I couldn’t walk, more than 2,000 steps in one day. Standing for longer than five minutes was extremely uncomfortable for me. On 9/28/16, Dr. Fischer performed my laminectomy. I feel GREAT! The chronic nerve pain is completely gone. I highly recommend seeking care from Dr. Fischer.
in White Plains, NY |
Dr Fischer was wonderful in explaining my problem to my wife and I. She was friendly and professional with a presentation that was realistic but reassuring that things would work out. I left the meeting feeling tremendous gratitude to Columbia Presbyterian for once again giving me such great doctors to choose from.
She is great! She listened and explained my problem really well. Now I'm so much better!
Brooklyn, NY |
I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy! If negative stars were possible I would give her that! She looked at an xray for 5 seconds and put me through therapy which made my condition drastically worse I literally had to be out of work for a month! I have a bulging disc herniation! Way to go Doc!
in New York |
Dr. Fisher very uninterested, bored, poor answer to questions if at all - she cut me off talked over me, Very dismissive and minimized my pain and injury. She referred me to another department and told me that surgery was not necessary. I went to my primary and got an to date MRI which showed extensive damage to my upper middle and lower back just as I described. I spent maybe 5 minutes with her..Horrible horrible doctor and does not care, misdiagnosed me!!!! Try a different doctor.
in Croton on Hudson, NY |
Dr. Fischer is very professional, explains everything down to the smallest detail. She is an excellent surgeon & takes time to answer any & all questions that might be a concern to the patient or to their family. My surgery is very successful! I?m walking much better & have less pain than I have had in the last four years. As of today?s date of 6/13/16, my surgery was two & ? months ago & I?m doing extremely well. I'm very thankful to Dr. Fischer & her wonderful staff. Dr. Fischer is great!
New York, NY |
I suffered from sciatica for years. Dr. Fischer is a fantastic listener and took the time to hear my concerns about surgery, clearly explaining the potential risks and benefits. After trying other non-surgical treatments we decided a microdiscectomy was the best option, and I am thrilled with the results. I have a quality of life back that I was afraid I had lost. Dr. Fischer and her staff are kind, professional, and I can't recommend them enough.
in New York, NY |
Curt seemed bored, uninterested poor answer to questions if at all - cut me off-talked over me. referred me to another department but really was unclear as to why, nor how to make the transition waved her hand as she walked out saying go to the desk they will help you. did not discuss her findings. spent maybe 5 minutes with me as first appointment
Have you seen Dr. Charla Fischer, MD?
Are you Dr. Fischer?

See our Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital

Visit Dr. Fischer