Dr. Channing Barnett, MD

DermatologyFemale

Dermatology

Dr. Channing Barnett, MD is a Dermatologist in Boca Raton, FL and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Barnett has extensive experience in Skin Cancer & Excision, Cosmetic Skin Procedures, and Skin Conditions. She graduated from Yeshiva U, College of Medicine in 2004. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Channing Barnett, MD

Dr. Barnett's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Barnett

3.2

Poor Management of Office
This office is run by an immature staff. I visited for 6 months receiving treatments monthly. The office staff is incompetent. The issues I ran into are: 1-Did not receive receipt several times and each visit inquired. (They do not provide paper receipts, email only.) 2- Showed up for appt and it wasn't on the books. Luckily I had the appt card with me. 3-You can NOT get into the office without a co-pay up front. Today I received a bill for one of my visits. I checked my Credit Card bill and it isn't there. Incompetency at it's best.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Incompetent Office Staff – Apr 09, 2022
Classy thorough
Dr cohen – Nov 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?
My daughter has Hidradenitis suppurativa and is new to this area. We were trying to establish a doctor in Boca for her. We had an apt for Thursday but my daughter woke up with a rash on her face and the office was able to take her in a few days early. We were thankful for that. I was on the phone with my daughter during this appointment. Our first impression was not good. We felt rushed, and like our concerns were not valid. She talked over us and even corrected me for saying my daughter's medication wrong. When I asked if she could look at her Hidradenitis she was reluctant and wanted to focus on her face, after asking again she looked at the area and basically stated it looked good, even though my daughter recently had a flare up. She indicated that she would not change her treatment plan but that they could treat her in the future if she has a flare up. We were given a topical cream for her face but no answers as to what it was and NO help with regards to the Hidradenitis.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?
Dr Barnett squeezed me in for something I needed looked at right away. She was very professional and knowledgeable, would definitely recommend.
May 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?
Got silicone injections from Dr.Barnett she's a very nice lady, however it formed granulomas in six areas of my face, I have spent over 5k trying to get them surgically removed in LA since that's the only surgeon I could find that would touch it and it didn't work. I've been depressed ever since about my appearance...I wish I never had it done, I hate having to write this review, I'm one of those people that no matter what bad happens to me I never speak up about it, but now I just feel like I have to... as I have waited a long time to say anything because I was hoping to get it resolved, but it looks like there's nothing more I can do to help get rid of these granulomas I tried multiple cortisone injections shots that didn't help, I just feel defeated I should have never had silicone injections done it's just way too risky I wish I would have taken a different route :(.
Anastasia – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?
I would not recommend based on my personal experience.
Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?
I am so grateful to have found Dr. Barnett!! Besides being kind and compassionate, she is knowledgeable, skilled and confident. I have already recommended her to my family, friends, and patients. It’s hard to find a good, old fashion dermatologist that is not just doing “cosmetics”!! So happy she has her practice here in Boca Raton!!
Yocheved Hande in Boca Raton, FL – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?
She is an absolutely phenomenal dermatologist! She diagnosed a cancer on my leg and truly saved me. I have sent my husband, son, niece and recently referred my son's girlfriend to the dr. I adore her and would not even consider seeing another dermatologist if she were not available. I would just wait for the next appt. I do not often leave reviews, but she is truly a phenomenal physician!! Next appt is end of June. She is the BEST!
D Newman in FL – Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?
Very bad experience, I went to check an eczema in my leg , Dr Barnett made a biopsy , it was so deep that it got infected, I went through a nightmare, with lots of pain and discomfort. The biopsy showed that it was an eczema! After one month of the procedure, I still have sensitivity and discomfort !
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Barnett?

• Dermatology

2005
Lenox Hill Hospital
2004
Yeshiva U, College of Medicine

What other Dermatologists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Dermatologists.

Does Dr. Channing Barnett, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Barnett has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

What are Dr. Channing Barnett, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Barnett frequently treats Skin Cancer & Excision, Cosmetic Skin Procedures, and Skin Conditions. See all practice areas where Dr. Barnett specializes.

Where is Dr. Channing Barnett, MD's office located?

Dr. Barnett's office is located at 7100 Camino Real Ste 301, Boca Raton, FL 33433. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Channing Barnett, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Barnett

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Barnett treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Barnett treats other conditions, please contact the office at (561) 717-2271.

Skin Cancer & Excision

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Skin Cancer & Excision specialists.

Dr. Barnett is experienced in the area of Skin Cancer & Excision. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Actinic Keratosis
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Carcinoma in Situ of Skin
Skin Cancer

Cosmetic Skin Procedures

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Skin Procedures specialists.

Dr. Barnett is experienced in the area of Cosmetic Skin Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Acne
Acne Surgery
Skin Discoloration
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer

Skin Conditions

Compare with other Skin Conditions specialists.

Dr. Barnett is experienced in the area of Skin Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 42 conditions and procedures

• Acne
  • Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Melanoma Screening
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Varicose Eczema
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Barnett accepts

Dr. Barnett accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO