Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD

Anesthesiology •  Male • Age 54

Dr. Mandelbaum

Comprehensive Pain Management

408 7TH AVE Brooklyn, NY 11215

Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Brooklyn, NY and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from New York State U, College of Medicine - Downstate in 1992 and specializes in anesthesiology and pain medicine.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Anesthesiologists in your area

Dr. Mandelbaum accepts

Dr. Mandelbaum accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Mandelbaum treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Mandelbaum's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mandelbaum

3.3

Dr. Mandelbaum?
Dr. Mandelbaum's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD
Dr Mandelbaum and his staff at the Brooklyn, NY office has provided me great care and shown compassion toward me and my chronic pain condition for over five years. During this time, I have been offered several modalities of care including but not limited to, PT, vitamin replacement, epidural and transforaminal injections, medical marijuana and narcotic pain relievers. Their care, based upon monthly question and answer sessions are thoughtful and thorough. I have time to articulate how I am feeling as we discuss current trends and how treatment is progressing. I have not once felt pushed toward one modality of treatment versus another. At times, during an acute phase, I can call and attention is given to my needs in a satisfactory manner. They work closely with my local pharmacy. Since becoming a patient of Dr Mandelbaum's, I have reduced the need for narcotic pain relievers in half over a span of five years. I thank him and his staff for helping to save my quality of life. Thank you.
J G B in Brooklyn, NY – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD?
Has compassion, even when taking a hard nosed position in your treatment. Does feel like he is big on pushing medications. Was extremely understanding and compassionate towards my husband and I during a family crisis followed up directly by an illness. Takes time to listen to your concerns and isn’t afraid to address poor/unprofessional conduct of his staff/partner if required. Calls back in a timely fashion if contacted after hours.
, – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD?
I believe in Dr Mandelbaum’s expertise. I object to the uncaring attitude of the office managers/front desk personnel. The employee who schedules hospital procedures and fills out procedure instruction papers is totally non-caring/borderline hostile toward patients. For a pain management practice, I expected a lot more total concern and sensitivity toward all patients. I do not appreciate being “cared for” as a bother or an imposition. I hope that front desk staff improves to truly be of help.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD?
Mandelbaum feels that it's OK to make fun remarks about patients in front of other patients. He prescribes mega doses of painkillers. When you're good and hooked on these pain pills then he stops proscribing them. When you are having a lot of pain and you call his office, he'll procrastinate in getting a prescription to your pharmacy. I had back pain for years, nothing worked. These prescription pills made everything worse. Now I only take extra strength Tylenol's over the counter. Much better.
Ella Tisch in Brooklyn, NY – May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD?
This is my first time giving 5 stars. Most of the doctors in Park Slope are not so great. This doctor is. He gave me a shot in the back for pain and it was easy and he is a gentlemen which you should expect from a doctor but there are some doctors who are not here in Park Slope.
Marilyn Blum – May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD?
Dr. Mandelbaum, Dr, Thomas, Cynthia, PA and the other PA's along with the office staff are exceptional. I have suffered pain (substantial) for almost 16 years, I have been through hell at times trying to find a good pain management team who are more worried about their malpractice and a trend toward under-prescribing, that is until I met Dr Thomas and later Dr. Mandelbaum. They are compassionate, understanding and instill trust and trust. They strike a balance between responsibility great care
John Travers in Manhattan, NY – Dec 21, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chaim Mandelbaum, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mandelbaum?

• Anesthesiology

New York State U, College of Medicine - Downstate

Comprehensive Pain Management

Comprehensive Pain Management408 7TH AVE Brooklyn, NY 11215
Comprehensive Pain Management10 Union Sq E # 4k New York, NY 10003

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mandelbaum treats patients.

Mount Sinai Beth Israel