Dr. Chadwick Prodromos, MD

Dr. Chadwick Prodromos, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Chadwick Prodromos, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Glenview, IL. He is 63 years old. Read his story

1714 Milwaukee Ave

Glenview, IL 60025

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Cofinity
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Prodromos

See how frequently Dr. Prodromos performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Runner's Knee
Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Prodromos's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Prodromos' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Prodromos "Dr. Prodromos is the author of numerous original orthopaedic research papers. ISMOC maintains an active full-time research staff to help expand the knowledge base in orthopaedics and sports medicine. Visit http://www.ismoc.net to know more. Special Interests: Knee and shoulder disorders Athletic injuries Mini-incision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction Shoulder arthroscopy, including all-arthroscopic rotator cuff repair Articular cartilage transplantation Cartilage regeneration Meniscal allograft transplantation Joint preservation rather than replacement Publications: For a full list of Dr Prodromos' published papers, please visit http://www.ismoc.net/news-events/publishedpapers.html"

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Princeton U
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Rush Presbyterian St Luke's Med Center Chicago Il
  • Harvard/Massachusetts General
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Prodromos has no media or publications listed.

• Greek

Dr. Prodromos does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Prodromos and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Prodromos' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Prodromos to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Prodromos' Performance
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Prodromos was recommended by my physician because of his vast experience with PRP and stem cell treatments. I was hoping to avoid shoulder replacement surgery. Dr. Prodromos is intelligent, knowledgeable and compassionate. I truly felt that he had my best interests in mind. He took time to answer questions and teach me about the PRP procedure. His office staff are courteous and efficient. My shoulder pain was almost gone after 2 injections. I can highly recommend Dr. Prodromos.
in Northfield, IL |
Dr. Prodromos and his staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. Dr. Prodromos is a published expert in his field, and his passion and enthusiasm for the treatment of sports injuries drives him to continually learn about cutting edge technology. I went to his office with chronic knee pain, underwent PRP treatment, and am thrilled to say that I am now pain-free. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Downers Grove il |
Wonderful doctor. Took the time to look at a MRI taken by another facility. Gave me a realistic opinion of me knee and shoulder. .and now I know what activities I can participate in..whereas and previous orthopedic surgeon gave me no useful information.
Glenview, IL |
Dr. Prodromos has been our family's orthopaedic for nearly 25 years. His expertise and knowledge is unparalleled. He takes time to understand your condition and explains your options. Additionally, he has a comforting bedside manner. The thing I like the most is that he is very conservative in his approach to injuries. I recommend everyone I know with orthopaedic issues to his office.
Chicago, IL |
Got to my 5:30 appt at 5:00, signed in and sat in the waiting room. My sister joined me at 5:30 and we continued to wait. I went back to the window at 5:40 to ask about the wait. Three women working in the office. Only one looked up, but said nothing.....just looked at me! I walked out at 5:45. No stars.
in Des Plaines, IL |
Dr. Prodromos is a great surgeon! I had rotator cuff surgery 8-2016. The results were phenomenal!! Post op was virtually painless (which amazed me). I had put this surgery off for a year because of my fear of pain. Never again .....as long as Dr. Prodromos is doing the surgery!
in Arlington Heights , Illinois |
Dr. Prodromos, – – I think he's excellent. Two weeks ago he did PRP along with laser treatment on my left knee.. It's amazing! I can walk with almost no discomfort, most the time I forget that there was a problem with my knee. 16 months ago Dr. Prodromos did regular PRP on my right knee. And it's still working fine. Again I think he's great , he takes time, he is considerate. He seems to understand the pain that something like this can cause. He really wants to help you feel better.
in Carpentersville, IL |
I am thrilled to have found a highly educated and experienced conventional orthopedic physician that is also very familliar with Alternative therapies...ie. injections, supplements, etc. That is so rar! Surgery is always his second or third choice. Its always better to try non invasive ways to heal the body. He was a good listener and gave me good advice.
in Chicago, IL |
Good combination of empathy and straight talk.
Norridge, IL |
I saw an orthopedic surgeon for pain in my left shoulder and he immediately said I needed a shoulder replacement. I couldn't sleep on my left side and had a limited range of motion. My physician suggested I see Dr. Prodromos based on another patient who was very satisfied. After Dr. Prodromos reviewed my x-ray, he recommended PRP therapy. I had 2 injections over a couple of months and am VERY satisfied with the results. I'd say I'm about 80% better and can even sleep on my left side again.
in Elmwood Park, IL |
I had a PRP shot in my right knee. I can walk again- so happy- life is beautiful. Thank you doctor.
in Palatine, IL |
Dr. Prodromos correctly diagnosed my torn rotator cuff when other orthopedic specialist did not. I initially chose Dr. Prodromos because of his outstanding educational background, surgical experience, his interest in continued research, and sharing his expertise with colleagues through his articles and textbook. Both my surgery and physical therapy rehab went perfectly. Through my home therapy plan, I am gaining more strength and range of motion each day. I highly recommend Dr. Prodromos.
in Glenview, IL |
Went in to see Dr. Prodromos after seeing others with limited success. Received a PRP shot in my knee 7 months ago and I'm about 95% good at this point. Very happy with my result
in Chicago, IL |
I was referred to Dr. Prodromos about a month and a half after I had torn my ACL on my left knee. Dr. Prodromos explained to me that he thought my ACL wasn't completely torn but walked me through the process of the possible routes I could take. I decided to have my ACL reconstructed and it's a good thing I did because it was completely torn by the time my surgery came around. It was a slow process and I am post-op six months and still limited in physical activity.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Prodromal is the best and most knowledgeable orthopedist I have ever encountered. I am a physician and had my first rotator cuff repair carried out at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. My second repair on the same shoulder was diagnosed and carried out by Dr. Prodromas. His surgery, knowledge and advice and instructions post-op were superior in every way compared to Mayo's. My result was perfect recovery of function with complete resolution of pain. He is also a very compassionate Doctor.
in Des Plaines IL |
Dr. Prodromos did my ACL repair 22 yeaars ago and I haven't Had a problem with it since then.
in Naperville, IL |
I've had knee problems my whole life, and Dr. Prodromos was able to finally fix my problems. All praise his super powers!
in Franklin Park, IL |
Dr. Prodromos was a great doctor - surgeon, I had a torn ACL due to a DMV car accident and from the first day he was clear about what had to be done and how it will take place. The surgery was successful and he was always present and available due to any questions or possible complications we might had. Physical therapy was excellent and they monthly meetings with the doctor were quick and straight forward.
in Norridge, IL |
I would rather have a procedure done on my knee as opposed to a knee replacement surgery.
in Chicago, IL |
Very good bedside manor. Listened to problems and gave clear and polite diagnosis. Highly recommend.
in Chicago, IL |
Very thorough with great manners. Extremely informative and interested in my overall well being.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Prodromos is highly skilled in Orthopedic Surgery, and very aggressive with Rehab Therapy Post Surgery for a better outcome, and recovery.
in Lincolnwood, IL |
I was in pain with a torn meniscus and saw another Dr. He wanted to do surgery the next day but I was not comfortable with that and came to Dr. Prodromos for a 2nd opinion. He said the surgery may not work and may make my problem worse. The treatment I received (PRP) worked great after two injections. I can walk and do most of what I was able to do before the injury.
in Chicago, Il |
Dr. Prodromos was always very thorough and professional with his treatment of my knee problem. He tried various treatments and explained them fully before we did need knee surgery. He always listened to my questions and answered them completely.
in Evanston, IL |
My knee was such that I thought my running days were over. have since run a marathon and several half marathons
in Chicago, IL |
Always helpful and quick with answers. Not rushed or short and instills confidence.
This has been the worst doctor experience I've ever had. The very first day I meet him I was going to shake his hand and he slapped it down. I understand that some doctors don't want their hands squeezed or touch a lot of people's hands because of germs but why not communicate that. So to me that was rude. His bed side manner was horrible. The office has no patient privacy at all. You can hear everything. The shortest wait time was 40 minutes and the other 4 times were 1 hour. The office ladies
in Sheridan, IL |
I have had both of my arms rotator cuffs repaired by Dr Prodromos,one on 1/27/2015 and the other on 12/29/2015.The first was my right shoulder and doing what he said and not moving my elbow away from my chest for 6 wks,my shoulder has all the movement in it that it had before and no pain.The left one I had done one week ago and have had hardly any pain in it.He sits and explains everything that he will do and can do to help you.I would and have recommended him to family and friends and others.
Have you seen Dr. Chadwick Prodromos, MD?
Are you Dr. Prodromos?