Dr. Chad Patton, MD

Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 42

Dr. Patton

Dr. Chad Patton, MD is an orthopedic spine reconstructive surgery specialist in Annapolis, MD and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University of Louisville in 2005 and specializes in orthopedic spine reconstructive surgery, spinal cord injury medicine, and more.

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patton

Dr. Patton?
Dr. Patton's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Chad Patton, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Three years ago I could barely walk and had intractable pain. How thankful I am to Dr. Patton and his team. He gave my life back to me. I can't thank him enough. It brings tears to my eyes when I realize what I almost lost and the gift he gave to me of being able to once again stand without pain, go to a game with my grand daughter, dance with my husband, travel to see family, hug, able to go to the store, normal life. Remember, He is amazing but you must do your part and work hard at rehab!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr Patton has done surgery on my spine twice and he made going through these difficult surgeries a better experience than it could have been. His expertise and bedside manner are outstanding and I have happily recommended him to friends.
Thanks for sharing your experience and for being...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr Patton is very caring and treated me and my surgery as if I was his only patient. I highly recommend this talented individual. He is the Best!! A year after surgery, I feel better than I have felt over the previous 20 years! GRM - Edgewater, MD - Mar 2019
Glad our team could help you overcome the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Everything was handled with ease, friendliness and professional courtesy. Dr. Patton was very detailed in explaining my condition and inspired confidence. I was very pleased with this visit.
We are very happy you had a good experience. Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Patton's for about 7 years. He was always very patient and answered my many questions. He helped me to combat my back pain and did not rush to do surgery. My lumbar fusion last January was very successful and I feel better than I have in 15 years. I would & have recommended Dr. Patton to my friends.
Thanks for sharing your experience and hopefully...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton’s laminectomy stopped my pain caused by severe spinal stenosis. He spent sufficient time with me, prior to, post-surgery, and at follow-up, explaining all details, suggestions and requirements, for my total comfort. Would recommend Dr. Patton to anyone experiencing lumbar problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton is a wonderful doctor. I was in a lot of pain when I first met him. He was patient, kind and a great listener. The most important thing about Dr. Patton is that he is a very talented surgeon. I would trust him with my family and friends. I healed at a rapid rate, much faster than anticipated. I am convinced that it was the skillful hands of my surgeon that resulted in my successful back surgery and full recovery. He and his team are truly professional and efficient.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Your words...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr Patton was easy to talk to and explained things in terms that were easily relatable. I was in great pain and discomfort when I went to him and he put together a great game plan which we followed. I had surgery and the next day I was walking and able to start to get back to my life. 3 weeks later and I am ahead of my rehab plan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I made my first appointment with Dr. Patton in early Spring of 2018 for the severe back pain I had been having for several years. My first introduction with him was a very good experience. Not only did Dr. Patton spend quality time with me while answering all my questions in great detail, he also suggested that I take some time to think about whether or not I wanted to proceed with the surgery. Needless to say, I was impressed. In the end, my surgery was a success and I feel GREAT!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I've been Dr Patton's patient for about 3 years when I had a laminectomy. Being on the younger side for someone facing back problems , he was extremely knowledgeable of my condition, listened to my concerns and fears as stablished a game plan. I was able to go another 3 years without the spinal fusion and yet often following up with him. Time came to have it done almost 4 months ago and I knew he was the best surgeon I could wish for!! My recovery has been FANTASTIC thanks to him and his staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton did a wonderful job with my back surgery, great bedside manner and very thorough, answered all my questions which left me fully entrusting him with my procedure! I would recommend him to anybody with back or spinal surgical needs!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I am a fit 50+ male who suffered for years with chronic neck pain and numbness/weakness in my left arm and hand. When my strength got worse, I went to Dr. Patton. Over an 18 month period, Dr. Patton treated me with PT and injections until it was clear that cervical fusion surgery was my best option. Dr. Patton performed flawlessly and four months past surgery I am running 4 miles/day, back at the gym and completely pain free. Dr. Patton and his staff are amazing!
Thank you Mr. Haynes. We are so happy you are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton is professional, knowledgeable, thorough, compassionate, and has a sense of humor. He explains issues, describes what can be done in layman terms. I wouldn't see any other spine injury doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr Patton did my surgery 3 months ago. I have come out of this with the feeling I will be able to do anything I want to do with in a year. He was very knowledgeably and explained the pedicure well. I felt at home in the office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Had a microdiscectomy done in 2015 with Dr. Patton. He was extremely thorough in the explanation of the surgery and recovery. I went from not being able to sleep or sit, to 95% pain free within days of the surgery. 2 years later and I'm almost 100% pain free. I strongly recommend Dr. Patton.
Thank you Chad! Sincerely, Chad
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Best experience for having two slipped discs. Dr. Patton was amazing! Answered all questions and never rushed through the appointments! He has amazing staff that was helpful as well! I’m so happy that I had the surgery, because I’m pain free now! In case you are wondering, he knows his stuff! I am and I will recommend Dr. Patton to my friends and family!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Patton if you need a spine surgeon. I wish I had seen him sooner instead of enduring 3 months of severe pain shooting down my leg. It was impossible to sit or drive. He assured me that he would be able to alleviate this pain and I walked out of the hospital with no pain. He is friendly, patient and gives you the time you need to have any questions answered. His staff is always friendly and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
When I discovered I would potentially require back surgery, I narrowed down my potential surgeons to the top three in the DMV. After visiting multiple offices seeking their professional opinions, I decided on Dr. Patton. He is incredibly humble and demonstrates a genuine care for his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a second opinion. I would also recommend him to those who only desire the best when it comes to orthopedic care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton is my hero!! I suffered from a herniated disc in my lower back. I had such severe pain in my leg and ankle that it made it unbearable to walk. Other treatment options were not successful in relieving the pain so surgery was discussed. Dr. Patton took the time to explain the surgery and even had a model to demonstrate what the lumbar fusion looks like. I had surgery on March 22 and I now walk with NO pain in my leg. Thank you Dr. Patton!! You and your team ROCK!!
Thank you, Brenda. It's always a pleasure to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Words can not express my gratitude and respect for Dr. Patton. I am so impressed with his Medical Skill Set , and beyond his immense medical spine surgery knowledge and exceptional spinal surgery skills ! His passion and commitment to his patients is second to none ! His Surgery track record is remarkable with outstanding full recoveries with no lingering effects or post surgery problems . I can't believe I had major surgery receiving lower back L4-L5 fusion , no pain , and full range of motion!
Thanks Coach!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Patton?

Trusted, evidence-based care using a combination of proven techniques and newer, minimally-invasive procedures.

• Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

2005
2001
1999

Dr. Patton accepts

Dr. Patton accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Choice Network POS
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Patton's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Patton's Top Procedures and Conditions

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Patton treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Patton treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sciatica as Seen in Rheumatoid Arthritis

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Patton treats patients.