Dr. Chad Patton, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 46

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Chad Patton, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Annapolis, MD and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Patton has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He graduated from UNIV OF LOUISVILLE SCH OF MED|University Of Louisville in 2005. He is affiliated with Anne Arundel Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Chad Patton, MD

Luminis Health Orthopedics

2000 Medical Pkwy Ste 101 Annapolis, MD 21401
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Dr. Patton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patton

I have visited with several doctors over the last 2 years and Dr. Patton is the only one who took time to explain my condition. He helped me understand the x-rays, the MRI, and he actually helped me understand why surgery may not help me. Most other doctors had quickly dismissed me but now I finally understand why surgery is not a great option for me.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
SevernaParkPatient – Jan 23, 2022
Severnaparkpatient, we appreciate your positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
It has been a year since my spine surgery (October 29, 2020) and I am I am more than happy to write that I am in better shape now than then. I was 78 years old, at a healthy weight, physically active and fit. But for at least a couple of years had chronic pain in my hip areas and 6-8 months before the surgery, it became constant and could not be controlled by over-the-counter medication. Searching for spine surgeons, highly recommended Dr. Patton was the first and last surgeon I saw ( I interviewed 3 surgeons) . I can’t recommend his work and staff highly enough for the care and competence I received, and I give special kudos to Sarah Hall for her help in explaining my condition to me as well as making sutures so perfect, you can barely see my 8+ inch scar. My 1-year check up was today, Nov. 15, 2021, and the x-ray showed a spine that was in perfect shape.
A . Muecke – Nov 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton is very caring and a talented surgeon. Everyone in his office is great! After my surgery (L4, L5, S1 spine fusion) my pain was completely gone! I am so thankful that I went to him and I highly recommend him and his team!
Nov 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
After years of dealing with low back pain and getting little relief, I was referred to Dr. Patton. I appreciated his knowledge, conservative approach and desire to work with me to determine the best aporoach to meet my needs. I chose to have surgery and could not be happier with the results. Surgery during the pandemic added additional stressors. I am happy to state that my care pre- and post-op was excellent. Both Dr. Patton and his staff were readily available to me by phone and through MyChart. I am most pleased and highly recommend Dr. Patton and his team.
Catherine – May 13, 2021
Catherine, we're glad we were able to care for...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I am so grateful for Dr. Patton!! After five years of injections, PT, lifestyle limitations, etc. I turned to Dr. Patton for help. I appreciated his approach to surgery as the "last resort" and decided we it was time. Dr. Patton has mastered the team approach and has put together the most caring and comprehensive team I've ever experienced. From the moment "surgery" was mentioned I felt I was never alone on this journey. From Pre-op to three months post surgery, I was only a phone call or text away from help. Dr. Patton has given me so much hope and enthusiasm for what lies ahead! I'm only 3 months post surgery and there is already such a difference! I can not recommend Dr. Patton enough, his expertise as a surgeon, his care and attention to details, his approach to total well being and his warmth and approachability has convinced me to say...Go to Dr. Patton! You will thank him!!
D Phyz – Apr 27, 2021
Hi, thanks so much for sharing your positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I was in extreme pain before the surgery. No pain meds and cortisone injections were helping. I consulted with Dr Patton. He explained the procedure and I got the surgery scheduled a few weeks out but then the pain started to get worse. Dr Patton was kind enough to bring me in a week earlier than the scheduled date for the surgery. After the surgery, I woke up having no pain and didn’t even have to take zofran. I didn’t need any meds after 10 days and only needed a few physical therapy sessions. The entire staff from registration desk to the discharge staff was phenomenal. Dr Patton’s office follows up regularly to make sure the recovery is going well, and they are always quick to respond to questions. If you have any back pain, consider surgery. If you are considering surgery, call Dr Patton.
Mar 11, 2021
Hi there, thanks so much for sharing your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton, Sarah Hall, Kelli, Gretchen, Cindy the scheduler..and the entire team were amazing. I was in sooooo much pain and soooo nervous and they walked me through everything. They answered all of my calls, my chart questions and emails immediately and at all hours of the day. They dealt with insurance issues and my work short term disability for me so I did not have to, The day of surgery was soooo easy. The surgery center was beautiful and calm. I did not have to wait at all. They kept me and my husband up to date on everything. The surgery went smooth..no complications and I feel 1000 times better and I am just 2 days out of my back surgery!! I even got a call the day after surgery checking on me. The care and treatment I had was perfect. They made me feel like I was the most important patient they have ever had!
Tami J. Howie – Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr Patton was great! I now have no pain. I highly recommend him.
Feb 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Chad Patton and his office are incredibly professional and accommodating. Dr. Patton's expertise and skill are incredibly impressive and he performed a 2 level lumbar spinal fusion, after coming to him in severe pain. The surgery was a complete success, and the decrease in pain has been amazing! My mobility has increased and the quality of life has improved. Dr. Patton's office, along with AAMC, collaborated together so that my preparation before surgery was thorough, along with my surgery and recovery. I was impressed with the education & preparation provided by both the surgeon's office and the hospital. If you're considering any type of Orthopedic surgery, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Patton's office. I guarantee you'll in competent hands!
Marcella K. – Jan 28, 2021
Hi Marcella K., thanks so much for sharing your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I was having terrible leg pain to the point that I could barely function. Dr Patton performed a Laminectomy on me and I woke up from surgery pain free; I couldn't believe it! Three weeks later I feel like a new person. Dr. Patton is my hero!
VinceK – Dec 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton performed a Lumber Spine Fusion. Lived with pain for about 4 years. The day after surgery the pain I was experiencing was gone. 3 months post surgery and I feel great! Great doctor, surgeon and staff.
Debra – Sep 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I wouldn't wish back surgery on anyone, but Dr. Patton put me at ease and fixed by herniated disc with surgery. I first met with Dr. Patton four years ago for a pinched nerve in my neck. Since then, a very good friend had a cyst removed from her spine by Dr. Patton with great results. So when sciatic nerve pain crippled me; I went straight to Dr. Patton and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!
Kevin_S – Sep 18, 2020
Kevin_s, thank you for sharing your feedback!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
TRUST. It is one of THE most defining factors I look for when selecting a friend, a business, and especially a doctor. From the moment I began interacting with Dr. Patton's team—Sarah Hall, Kelli Magrath, and Deborah Stone—I knew I would be well taken care of. I knew I could trust them. During my initial appointment with Dr. Patton, he patiently explained in detail all of the options available to mitigate the searing pain and numbness from a herniated disc. His approach was measured, professional, reassuring, and conservative. He answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns, giving me the unbiased information I needed to make the decision for my best chance at living a pain-free life. After exhausting all of the non-surgical options, I got a discectomy 3 weeks ago. For the first time in nearly 5 months, I am beginning to feel ALIVE and hopeful for a vital, healthy, frisky, exciting future! THANK YOU, Dr. Patton and staff for, not just "treating" me, but caring for me!!!
Patti DiMiceli – Aug 25, 2020
Hi Patti Dimiceli, thanks so much for sharing...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton recently did an 8 level fusion of my lumbar spine. Prior to surgery, I could barely walk, immediately after surgery I was only having 1.5 pain om a 1-10 basis. His concern and care during & after the surgery was exemplary know i will only grow healthier and in no pain.
Pat C – Aug 05, 2020
Hi Pat C, thanks so much for sharing your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton performed my 3 level cervical discectomy and fusion in February of 2019. I was suffering with cervicogenic headaches, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs, impingement, minimal rotation, and extreme muscular pain. I had been for many years. My biggest fear was that I would not be able to rotate my neck or be able to participate in activities with my children after the surgery. Deciding to have the surgery was the best decision I have ever made. After the surgery I felt better than I had in years. The cervicogenic headaches were immediately gone. Within a short period of time I had full rotation of my neck, and painlessly was able to participate in activities with my children. At 46 years of age I was told I had one of the worst necks some Doctors had ever seen. Dr. Patton gave me my life back. He is an amazing surgeon, and truly cares about his patients. I am forever grateful to Dr. Patton and his staff for making me feel like me again.
Monica T. – Mar 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Dr. Patton recently operated on my spine due to my lumbar stenosis. I had struggled for over a year wondering if I should have surgery. Dr. Patton and his team (Sarah Hall, Kelli, Deborah Stone) were a significant factor for why I chose them as my surgeon. He took the time to explain everything and answered any questions or concerns that I had and made me feel confident in him as a surgeon that he could help me with my pain. I am now 3 weeks post-op and doing great. I'm looking forward to getting my life back including walking and activities without pain. Thank you so much Dr. Patton. I appreciate all that you and your team has done for me.
Jeanette Knapp – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I ABSOLUTELY recommend Dr Patton & his team, including MS Hall, PA & MS Mcgrath, Care Coordinator! Dr Patton saw me several times to discuss my pain & the root cause. He explained the issue in detail, sharing with me my MRI & X rays. He made certain that I understood the problem & his recommended alternatives. After trying many alternatives, he recommended surgery. Although he is a surgeon, surgery was his last choice. He encouraged me to seek a second opinion (which I did.) A 3 level spinal fusion was performed by Dr Patton & MS Hall. The success was a MIRACLE! The day after the surgery I was walking without any pain. Prior to surgery I could only walk with crutches. Prior to surgery I was provided a Patient Guide, attended an excellent class & was contacted many times to ensure my understanding & comfort with the surgery. Afterwards, they have been available, providing exceptional care. They are experts, compassionate listeners, personable & accessible. I love them all!
Susan Hirsch – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
I feel like Dr Patton gave me my life back after suffering for several months with pain and numbness in my left leg. I tried muscle relaxants, spinal injections, Physical therapy, and chiropractor treatments but still had difficulty sleeping and performing everyday tasks. Dr. Patton performed spinal surgery to correct a herniated disc and spinal stenosis and within several weeks I was able to return to my normal activities.
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
Very professional took time to answer my questions made me feel like a person not merely a body would recommend him to anyone looking for a very good doctor
Lester Brumfield – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?
After living with severe pain down both legs for over a year I went to Dr. Patton and he told me it was a mechanical thing and only surgery could help. I had a slipped disc, compressed disc and spinal stenosis. Dr. Patton performed a fusion on my spine and I feel like a new person. Its been almost 7 months and I am free of pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Chad Patton.
Dorothy Ruth – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chad Patton, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patton?