Dr. Chad Patton, MD

Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 45

Dr. Patton

Orthopaedic and Sports Medcn Center

2000 Medical Pkwy Ste 101 Annapolis, MD 21401

Dr. Chad Patton, MD is a Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Annapolis, MD and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Louisville medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with Anne Arundel Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Patton to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. Patton treats your condition or procedure

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epilepsy
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Sprain
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Lumbar Laminectomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture
  • XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) Procedure

Dr. Patton accepts

Dr. Patton accepts the following insurance:

Select
CareFirst Maryland POS

Dr. Patton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patton

Dr. Patton
After years of dealing with low back pain and getting little relief, I was referred to Dr. Patton. I appreciated his knowledge, conservative approach and desire to work with me to determine the best aporoach to meet my needs. I chose to have surgery and could not be happier with the results. Surgery during the pandemic added additional stressors. I am happy to state that my care pre- and post-op was excellent. Both Dr. Patton and his staff were readily available to me by phone and through MyChart. I am most pleased and highly recommend Dr. Patton and his team.
Catherine – May 13, 2021
Catherine, we're glad we were able to care for...Read More
I am so grateful for Dr. Patton!! After five years of injections, PT, lifestyle limitations, etc. I turned to Dr. Patton for help. I appreciated his approach to surgery as the "last resort" and decided we it was time. Dr. Patton has mastered the team approach and has put together the most caring and comprehensive team I've ever experienced. From the moment "surgery" was mentioned I felt I was never alone on this journey. From Pre-op to three months post surgery, I was only a phone call or text away from help. Dr. Patton has given me so much hope and enthusiasm for what lies ahead! I'm only 3 months post surgery and there is already such a difference! I can not recommend Dr. Patton enough, his expertise as a surgeon, his care and attention to details, his approach to total well being and his warmth and approachability has convinced me to say...Go to Dr. Patton! You will thank him!!
D Phyz – Apr 27, 2021
Hi, thanks so much for sharing your positive...Read More
I was in extreme pain before the surgery. No pain meds and cortisone injections were helping. I consulted with Dr Patton. He explained the procedure and I got the surgery scheduled a few weeks out but then the pain started to get worse. Dr Patton was kind enough to bring me in a week earlier than the scheduled date for the surgery. After the surgery, I woke up having no pain and didn’t even have to take zofran. I didn’t need any meds after 10 days and only needed a few physical therapy sessions. The entire staff from registration desk to the discharge staff was phenomenal. Dr Patton’s office follows up regularly to make sure the recovery is going well, and they are always quick to respond to questions. If you have any back pain, consider surgery. If you are considering surgery, call Dr Patton.
Mar 11, 2021
Hi there, thanks so much for sharing your...Read More
Dr. Patton, Sarah Hall, Kelli, Gretchen, Cindy the scheduler..and the entire team were amazing. I was in sooooo much pain and soooo nervous and they walked me through everything. They answered all of my calls, my chart questions and emails immediately and at all hours of the day. They dealt with insurance issues and my work short term disability for me so I did not have to, The day of surgery was soooo easy. The surgery center was beautiful and calm. I did not have to wait at all. They kept me and my husband up to date on everything. The surgery went smooth..no complications and I feel 1000 times better and I am just 2 days out of my back surgery!! I even got a call the day after surgery checking on me. The care and treatment I had was perfect. They made me feel like I was the most important patient they have ever had!
Tami J. Howie – Mar 05, 2021
Dr Patton was great! I now have no pain. I highly recommend him.
Feb 14, 2021
Dr. Chad Patton and his office are incredibly professional and accommodating. Dr. Patton's expertise and skill are incredibly impressive and he performed a 2 level lumbar spinal fusion, after coming to him in severe pain. The surgery was a complete success, and the decrease in pain has been amazing! My mobility has increased and the quality of life has improved. Dr. Patton's office, along with AAMC, collaborated together so that my preparation before surgery was thorough, along with my surgery and recovery. I was impressed with the education & preparation provided by both the surgeon's office and the hospital. If you're considering any type of Orthopedic surgery, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Patton's office. I guarantee you'll in competent hands!
Marcella K. – Jan 28, 2021
Hi Marcella K., thanks so much for sharing your...Read More
I was having terrible leg pain to the point that I could barely function. Dr Patton performed a Laminectomy on me and I woke up from surgery pain free; I couldn't believe it! Three weeks later I feel like a new person. Dr. Patton is my hero!
VinceK – Dec 22, 2020
TRUST. It is one of THE most defining factors I look for when selecting a friend, a business, and especially a doctor. From the moment I began interacting with Dr. Patton's team—Sarah Hall, Kelli Magrath, and Deborah Stone—I knew I would be well taken care of. I knew I could trust them. During my initial appointment with Dr. Patton, he patiently explained in detail all of the options available to mitigate the searing pain and numbness from a herniated disc. His approach was measured, professional, reassuring, and conservative. He answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns, giving me the unbiased information I needed to make the decision for my best chance at living a pain-free life. After exhausting all of the non-surgical options, I got a discectomy 3 weeks ago. For the first time in nearly 5 months, I am beginning to feel ALIVE and hopeful for a vital, healthy, frisky, exciting future! THANK YOU, Dr. Patton and staff for, not just "treating" me, but caring for me!!!
Patti DiMiceli – Aug 25, 2020
Hi Patti Dimiceli, thanks so much for sharing...Read More
Dr. Patton recently did an 8 level fusion of my lumbar spine. Prior to surgery, I could barely walk, immediately after surgery I was only having 1.5 pain om a 1-10 basis. His concern and care during & after the surgery was exemplary know i will only grow healthier and in no pain.
Pat C – Aug 05, 2020
Hi Pat C, thanks so much for sharing your...Read More
Dr. Patton performed my 3 level cervical discectomy and fusion in February of 2019. I was suffering with cervicogenic headaches, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs, impingement, minimal rotation, and extreme muscular pain. I had been for many years. My biggest fear was that I would not be able to rotate my neck or be able to participate in activities with my children after the surgery. Deciding to have the surgery was the best decision I have ever made. After the surgery I felt better than I had in years. The cervicogenic headaches were immediately gone. Within a short period of time I had full rotation of my neck, and painlessly was able to participate in activities with my children. At 46 years of age I was told I had one of the worst necks some Doctors had ever seen. Dr. Patton gave me my life back. He is an amazing surgeon, and truly cares about his patients. I am forever grateful to Dr. Patton and his staff for making me feel like me again.
Monica T. – Mar 20, 2020
Dr. Patton recently operated on my spine due to my lumbar stenosis. I had struggled for over a year wondering if I should have surgery. Dr. Patton and his team (Sarah Hall, Kelli, Deborah Stone) were a significant factor for why I chose them as my surgeon. He took the time to explain everything and answered any questions or concerns that I had and made me feel confident in him as a surgeon that he could help me with my pain. I am now 3 weeks post-op and doing great. I'm looking forward to getting my life back including walking and activities without pain. Thank you so much Dr. Patton. I appreciate all that you and your team has done for me.
Jeanette Knapp – Jan 31, 2020
I ABSOLUTELY recommend Dr Patton & his team, including MS Hall, PA & MS Mcgrath, Care Coordinator! Dr Patton saw me several times to discuss my pain & the root cause. He explained the issue in detail, sharing with me my MRI & X rays. He made certain that I understood the problem & his recommended alternatives. After trying many alternatives, he recommended surgery. Although he is a surgeon, surgery was his last choice. He encouraged me to seek a second opinion (which I did.) A 3 level spinal fusion was performed by Dr Patton & MS Hall. The success was a MIRACLE! The day after the surgery I was walking without any pain. Prior to surgery I could only walk with crutches. Prior to surgery I was provided a Patient Guide, attended an excellent class & was contacted many times to ensure my understanding & comfort with the surgery. Afterwards, they have been available, providing exceptional care. They are experts, compassionate listeners, personable & accessible. I love them all!
Susan Hirsch – Jan 24, 2020
I feel like Dr Patton gave me my life back after suffering for several months with pain and numbness in my left leg. I tried muscle relaxants, spinal injections, Physical therapy, and chiropractor treatments but still had difficulty sleeping and performing everyday tasks. Dr. Patton performed spinal surgery to correct a herniated disc and spinal stenosis and within several weeks I was able to return to my normal activities.
Dec 20, 2019
Very professional took time to answer my questions made me feel like a person not merely a body would recommend him to anyone looking for a very good doctor
Lester Brumfield – Dec 12, 2019
After living with severe pain down both legs for over a year I went to Dr. Patton and he told me it was a mechanical thing and only surgery could help. I had a slipped disc, compressed disc and spinal stenosis. Dr. Patton performed a fusion on my spine and I feel like a new person. Its been almost 7 months and I am free of pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Chad Patton.
Dorothy Ruth – Dec 11, 2019
I had spondylolisthesis at the 4-5 level of my lumbar spine. After 2 years of unrelenting pain I went to Dr. Patton for a spinal fusion. He is a genuinely nice person with no ego about being a spine surgeon. He explained the surgery fully in a way I could understand, and the expected outcome. Almost 4 months later I am pain free, able to exercise again, and have lost 10 pounds! I recommend him without reservations.
Nov 16, 2019
Your recommendation means so much to us and we're...Read More
Dr Patton performed my back surgery and I can now walk without using a cane. Prior to surgery, for almost a year I couldn’t walk without assistance. He is a miracle worker.
Oct 17, 2019
I underwent partial discectomy at L5-S1 via minimally invasive surgery by Dr. Chad Patton. His competence, compassion and confidence were outstanding and resulted in my rapid pain free post operative condition. I know who to return to should I encounter another spine condition.
Jean Abeyta – Oct 15, 2019
Jean Abeyta, thank you for sharing your positive...Read More
I would totally recommend Dr Patton. Love Dr Patton he is great!!! He explains every thing and answers any questions you may have. He takes his time and you can tell he is listening to you. I had surgery (Feb 27th) on L6 & 7 for right hand weakness, arm and three finger numbness. The strength in my hand came back immediately and the numbness went away over the following weeks. I feel great and had my last visit with Dr Patton 2 days ago.
Donna in Edgewater, MD – Oct 09, 2019
Hi Donna, thanks so much for sharing your...Read More
LOVE Dr. Patton. I had a herniated disc that hit my sciatic nerve. I was actually told by another spine specialist that he is one of the top spine surgeons in the area. He explained everything to me. Guided me through the reasons why he recommended the surgery, 2 weeks after post... I was pain free and driving. Back to my regular activities and working out several weeks after that. If you have to wait to get on his schedule, its worth it. His assistant Kelli and all of the nurses at AAMC are awesome! So inviting, warm and friendly. They make you feel like you are the only patient they have and give you undivided attention. THANKS DR. PATTON AND STAFF. XoXo
Miss Otha – Aug 02, 2019
Thank you for your kind feedback. Glad to hear...Read More

How was your experience with Dr. Patton?

Trusted, evidence-based care using a combination of proven techniques and newer, minimally-invasive procedures.

Dr. Patton is board certified, fellowship trained spine surgeon who specializes in the surgical management of spine-related disorders.  Dr....Read more

• Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery