Dr. Chad Kessler, MD

Dr. Chad Kessler, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Chad Kessler, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Newnan, GA. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

1755 Highway 34 E Ste 2200

Newnan, GA 30265

• American Republic
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Kessler

See how frequently Dr. Kessler performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Degenerative Disc Disease
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. Kessler's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Disc Disorders
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

• Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminotomy
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) Procedure

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Georgia
  • Medical College Of Georgia Hospital and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Of Louisville Hospitals
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Kessler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kessler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kessler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kessler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kessler to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Kessler's Performance
in LaGrange, GA |
Dr. Kessler and staff are EXCELLENT!!! I have MS, for 2 yrs. going to another physician in terrible pain, telling me it would take 2 surgeries, having shots, on pain meds...etc. I was in a dark place thinking I would live the rest of my life like this. I needed a second opinion. Dr. Kessler and staff have been GREAT!!! I heard he would be straight forward if he could help me. After 1 surgery...NO PAIN!!! I THANK GOD for this man's abilities and that I was fortunate to find him. I'm a new person!
in Sharpsburg, GA |
The personalized care I received from Dr. Kessler and his staff was exceptional; the staff is friendly, they worked to find me an appt quickly that fit my schedule, and his PA, Beth, is top-notch. After my acdf surgery, my pre-surgery pain is gone and I am looking forward to getting back to my active lifestyle! I can recommend Dr. Kessler without any reservations.
in Newnan, GA |
Great doctor along with an awesome staff. Very informative and patient. Highly recommend.
in Newnan, GA |
Dr. Kessler and his staff were excellent in all areas. I was very nervous when I visited him, another doctor had already given me a diagnosis and surgery option, and I was seeing Dr. Kessler to confirm the need for surgery, as well as educate myself further on my options. He understood my situation, and I felt he went over and above on explaining my cervical issues, as well as my surgery options, and expectations. He performed my surgery in January, and I am extremely pleased in all areas.
in Wedowee, Al |
Dr. Kessler diagnosed my back issue. Since the operation (2 weeks ago) I cannot believe how wonderful I feel. There has been little or no pain after the first several days. I am able to move around with little effort slowly but do not have the pain I had before the operation.
in SHARPSBURG, GA |
Dr. Kessler's confidence in his abilities and explaining the procedure was reassuring of a job to be well done. With my prayers and GOD'S guidance Dr. Kessler did an excellant job. I am now pain free.
Lagrange, GA |
Excellent doctor and caring staff! Had a great experience with the entire clinic.
in Greenville, GA |
He done an awesome job on my back! Before surgery I felt like cutting my leg off due to constant numbing, surging, and stabbing pain! Now after surgery I feel amazing! I can finally sit down without feeling like and imp is constantly stabbing me in my leg! And the incision has healed so well ; you wouldn't think the whole thing even happend! I'de refer him to anyone!
in Newnan, GA |
After waiting for over an hour after the appointment time he comes in to the room without reading his charts and rushes through everything. He asked my mom how she hurt her back, and he has seen her multiple times in the last few months. Then he proceeded to tell her that her back doesn't need surgery but he doesn't know of anything he can do to help. He referred her to a pain management doctor and tried to make a quick escape out of the office. He is unprofessional and has to many patients
in Sharpsburg, GA |
was having pain and numbness in my arm. Dr. K essler took one glance at my MRI image and told me exactly what was causing my problem. He told me he could correct it with surgery. he explained to me what he would have to do to my neck to help me. I was given a surgery date within 3 weeks, had the surgery and was back home the day after my surgery. he kept my wife informed while I was in surgery as to how I was doing. that was greatly appreciated by both of us. back home now and doing well..
in Palmetto Ga |
Dr. Kessler seemed genuinely concerned about my condition each time I was in his office. I felt very comfortable with him and staff when I had my surgery and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. A big thank you to all involved.
SHARPSBURG, GA |
Dr. Kessler was very knowledgeable with my problem. He made me feel very comfortable. He always listened to concerns that I had, and answered all my questions. The back surgery I had was very successful, and I experience almost no pain after about 6 month. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr. Kessler is a wonderful surgeon. He truly cares for his patients and is very professional. All of his staff members are kind and courteous. I would definitely refer his practice to family and friends.
in Brooks, GA |
From my first office visit through cervical surgery and post-operative examinations, I have had nothing but the best care possible by Dr. Kessler and his office and medical staff. Scheduling for MRIs, X-Rays and the surgery itself was accomplished efficiently with minimum wait times for all events. My results with the surgery have been excellent. I am very pleased with the professionalism of Dr. Kessler and his team and everyone associated with his office. Many thanks!
Newnan, GA |
This guy may be a great surgeon, but he is condescending and not thorough at all. In and out, asked hardly any question. Was trying to get out of the room as fast as he could while we were asking questions. No confidence in him wanting to know the full story of medical information when there were some serious medical complications involved. This is way beyond poor bedside manner.
in Fairburn, Ga |
I have been a patient of Dr Kessler for 15 years he taken excellent care of me . And also his staff in office has been very professional .
in Newnan, GA |
Great doctor and staff ! I have seen Dr Kessler and his PA . They both have great bedside manner and were very attentive to my issue. I am now feeling much better thanks to their help. I would definitely recommend this practice to anyone!
in Newnan, GA |
Every appointment I had, I was in the office for at minimum 3 hours waiting to see the doctor. I never saw Dr. Kessler, just the PA. Very dissatisfied with the whole experience. I would not recommend Dr. Kessler to anyone I know. On top of that, they would not release my MRI results so I could go see someone else without a follow up appointment. As far as I am concerned, I don't care what kind of MD Dr. Kessler is with such disrespect and the whole MRI thing is just money hungry in my opinion.
in Riverdale, GA |
very friendly caring and helpful
in Newnan, GA |
Over the last 15 years, Dr. Kessler has saved my life three times. I could not live without his help and also help from his assistant Beth Fleming. To those who know, sometimes certain pain can be more than one can bare.
in Senoia, GA |
First & foremost, he's a straight-shooter. I sincerely think if he had not thought he could help me, he would have stated it. He encouraged me to get 2nd (& 3rd) opinions. He made me feel comfortable when I discussed those other opinions with him in later visits. He encouraged me to do my research on the type surgery he was going to perform on me. He is busy and sees a large caseload, but he always STAYED SEATED in the exam room until I had asked every question I had written down.
in Newnan, GA |
I've been to Dr. Kessler multiple times over the last few years. He always appears genuinely concerned for my condition and pain levels. He listens attentively, and does a thorough exam each visit. I respect that he continues to recommend that we wait as long as possible to operate due to my age and condition. Thus far he has been able to mitigate my pain and retain more mobility through medications, rehab and changing my eating habits to consume less inflammatory foods. I'm grateful!
in Lagrange, GA |
I hurt my back over the weekend about 3 weeks ago and called on a Monday morning for an appt. I was able to be seen on Tuesday afternoon. I was very impressed with the wait time during check-in, x-ray and the wait in the exam room. My appt was at 1:30 and I was walking out the door by 2:30 with prescriptions in hand. I followed up a week later and had the same experience again. Thankfully my symptoms cleared up after rest and meds. I will definitely use this practice again if I need them.
in Fayetteville , Ga |
The absolute worst experience ! He is the most uncaring Doctor ! He has no bedside manner, feels like he does not care, he has better things to do! He was to Order an MRI that hour because of an emergency Situation- at 10 am. He did not order it - instead went to a basketball game- left the patient in the emergency room 9 hours waiting for the MRI order. 2 days later he called it in!! He does not return phone calls, refused to refer to another dr when requested repeatedly!
Have you seen Dr. Chad Kessler, MD?
Are you Dr. Kessler?

Direct Access w/HSA
  • CHAMPVA
    Emblem Health
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico