Dr. Chad Domangue, MD

Dr. Chad Domangue, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Chad Domangue, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Covington, LA. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Read his story

76 Starbrush Cir

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana

Learn about Dr. Domangue

See how frequently Dr. Domangue performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
Chronic Neck Pain
Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome

Dr. Domangue's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Domangue's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Domangue "Dr. Chad Domangue, a south Louisiana native, is an Interventional Pain Management Specialist with extensive training in diagnosing and treating conditions that cause decreased functionality and acute and chronic pain. After completing his neurology training at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) in Charleston and the University of Virginia (UVA) in Charlottesville, Dr. Domangue was selected to instruct neurology at the University of Kentucky (UK) in Lexington. There, he trained under one of the world's most prominent specialists in pain management, Dr. William Witt, becoming one of only 200 Neurologist throughout the Country fellowship trained in interventional pain management. Upon completion of his formal education, Dr. Domangue pressed forward with his vision to build an integrated interventional medical practice. The result was the founding of the Neuroscience & Pain Institute in 2009. From humble beginnings, Neuroscience & Pain Institute has expanded dramatically over the years, becoming one of the premiere practices in the Country finally changing it's name to Cypress Pointe Pain Management in 2016. Throughout his career, Dr. Domangue has developed a reputation as a pioneer in the field of medicine. In 2011 he was one of the first physicians to offer Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD) to his patients, a procedure which has now become the standard of care. In 2010 he worked with the Professional Compounding Centers of America to create and promote the utilization of specialty topical creams that often replace the need for oral medications. Dr. Domangue enjoys teaching and has invested countless hours instructing clinicians from various backgrounds about the field of interventional pain management. Nurses, Case Managers, Physicians, Industry representatives, and allied health professionals are just a few who have benefited from his unique medical expertise and his widely recognized focus on patient care. Dr. Domangue is Double Board Certified in Neurology and Pain Management, and board eligible in Clinical Neurophysiology which allows him to evaluate and render his opinion as both a neurologist and pain specialist."

This content was provided by Dr. Domangue "Dr. Domangue uses a multi-disciplinary approach with a targeting plan for each patient by providing comprehensive solutions to help relieve chronic pain. "

• Pain Medicine

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Medical University of South Carolina
  • University of Kentucky
  • University of Virginia
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Domangue has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Domangue does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Domangue and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Domangue's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Domangue to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Domangue's Performance
in Slidell |
My stimulator was implanted over a year ago, the battery charger now needs replacing. Over a month ago I start a long process of doing this. Been in pain since. Called Dr Domangue's office three times, lastn time left a pleading message with the manager. Still no response. Bston Scientific needed Dr Domangue to write a prescription. Faxed several times and ignored! Finally after a month waiting for insurance approval which my part will cost over a thousand dollars! They don"t care!
Covington, LA |
Took time to listen to my problems-seemed to know exactly what I was talking about and explained what we could do to fix it
Covington, LA |
Horrible staff , arrogant almost sarcastic doctor,, you will regret it !
in Covington, LA |
Dr.Domangue started treating me around the year 2009 or so. I suffer from degenerative bone/spine and neck disorders. Dr.Domangue has done an outstanding job controlling my pain and being a very caring and understanding doctor and I would refer him to anyone and everyone. He has an outstanding personality as well as a well qualified staff. I look forward to my visits there and their concern for my overall health and pain level. If you are in pain Dr.Domangue can and will help you.
in Lousianna |
Chronic pain for over 51 years. December 2016 that all ended! Read reports from other doctors, interviewed and listened to me, ran tests, then gave me alternative treatment options. I felt comfortable and confident in making choices and could not ask for better results!
Houston, TX |
Super Sweet. Gets the job done quickly so you don't have to be in any more pain.
Louisiana |
Dr Domangue is an amazing, caring and compassionate physician. I won't trust any other physician when it comes to injections on my back
in Greensburg, La |
He will answer your questions, and does not act like you dont know what you are talking about.
in Westwego, LA |
After seeing Dr. Domangue I was discussing my condition with a family member who also has chronic back and neck problems. That's when I discovered we BOTH see Dr. Domangue. Dr. Domangue was the third doctor I've seen for my injury but the first who gave me relief. He has a wonderful bedside manner and takes his time to explain what needs to be said in a way that is easy for me to understand.
in Mandeville, LA |
I 'VE BEEN SEEING DR. CHAD DOMANGUE FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS FOR POST ACCIDENT CHRONIC BACK-KNEE PAIN. AFTER PROGRESSING THROUGH PHYSICAL THERAPY SESSIONS, MEDICATIONS & EPIDUERALS, WE PROCEEDED TO DO A SERIES OF RHIZOTOMIES THAT WERE TRUELY SUCCESSFUL & AMAZING. EACH RHIZOTOMY FOR MY BACK HAS ALLOWED ME ALMOST TOTALLY PAIN-FREE, WITH LAST PROCEDURE BEING MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO. I HAVE NOT USED ANY NARCOTIC PAIN MEDS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR NO. A GREAT THANKS TO DR. CHAD DOMANGUE AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF.
in Hammond, LA |
I have Lupus, RA, fibromyalgia, Raynauds, & Sjorgens syndrome. Connective tissue diseases. Lots of pain from those ailments plus herniated disks in my back, & neck. Lotta pain too in my feet from the crippling affects of RA. Dr. Domangue & his staff have been wonderful to me. Very understanding as I have to cancel a lot because I get sick. The entire staff is very kind. Dr. Domangue is very caring & has a very good bedside manner. Anytime I needed him he was there. His PA's are wonderful too!
in Mandeville, LA |
I have seen several other pain doctors in the past and NOBODY solved my pain problems like Dr. Chad Domangue. I was on large quantities of oral pain medication and when I saw Dr. Domangue he gave me my life back. I am so much better. I have many medical issues from cancer to back pain to the worst pain in the world testicular pain from my ilionguinal nerve entrapped in hernia mesh. Dr. Domangue implanted a pain stimulator for my back pain and a pain pump for my testicle pain.
First let me start off by saying I love the staff made me feel right at home.Didn't feel like another "docters office I hate waiting and waiting but I always was seen right away".Dr.Domangue is the docter you want to see if your in any pain in anyway.He's very professional,understanding to get you the best treatment as possible.The first time I walked in his office I was in the worst pain Ever (neck and back) but after getting treated I fell like my 'young self' lol.Thank You so much Dr Domangue
in Abita Springs, LA |
I am grateful to have found Dr. Domangue when I did. My prior doctor was treating me for bulging disks in my neck, but I kept getting sharp pains in my middle back and they told me they were "ghost" pains. I don't believe in ghosts and thankfully Dr. Domangue doesn't either. Within a week of my first visit, I had MRI's to confirm 4 herniated disks in my middle back and had my first epidural that week. I will never be healed but I have way more good days than bad since I met Dr.Domangue!
in Varnado, La. |
Before I have seen three various Sports Medicine doctor , a pain doctor wasn't pleased with any of them. Not getting relief of pain and sending to p t. Right off Dr C Domangue was to the point he did help me . Will always be in a pain I can cope with. When nerves grow out to much I'll be severe pain. When this happens to me it's time for Rhitzomy. I do daily light p t. It helps ty and Bless you n staff.
in Ponchatoula, LA |
I would highly recommend Dr.Domangue for first being a great Dr. He never acts like he is above his patience. He is very compassionate about what he does and takes his time listening to me without me feeling like I am taking up his time. I went to him very scared but it didn't take long to realize he is truly concerned for his patience. I trust him so much so when my dad was told to see a neurologist I insisted for him to see Dr. Domangue. Thsnk you from me and my dad. God Bless, Linda
Mandeville, LA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Domangue's since 2013. He is highly knowledgeable, compassionate and an excellent listener. He is prepared and up to speed on your current situation when he walks into the Patient Room. His staff is friendly, empathetic and personable. If I have a question or issue, I am normally contacted the same day.. I am very happy to have been referred to Dr. Domangue. His office is always wanting feedback from patients in order to improve patient care/patient experience.
in Gulfport, MS |
Dr.Domangue is treating my 27 year old son who has had chronic pain for 7 years. He is kind, compassionate and treats my son with respect. Dr.Domangue listens to all of us and will do anything in his power to help his patients as well as their families. He is our hero!
in Houma, LA |
I had been suffering from migraines for 8 years. I was on a lot of medication that didn't help. I tried steroid injections nerve blocks and no success. I came across Dr Domangue while I was watching TV and wanted to see what he could do. We went and Dr Domangue recommended the Spinal cord stimulator. I had it put in September of 2015 and have been migraine free since then. I f there is anyone I talk to that has migraines I always recommend Dr Domanque. I will be going back to him for my back.
New Orleans, LA |
This the first pain doctor that was actually knowledgeable and helpful in getting rid of my migraines. He was very professional and explained things very well and easy to understand.
Dallas, TX |
If I could give a 1/2 of star I would! It's that Dr. Domangue will do your surgery and do a good job but this is the only time you will ever see him! You will bisowned for here on out! You will start seeing all of his nurses and they are all RUDE and they try to always reduce your meds and/or stop giving you medicine for good!!! This is even with the patients that really need the medicine !!!!! Rating them VERY POOR
in Hammond, LA |
He don't care about you but your insurance if you trying to find out were your pain coming from he's not the doctor you want to see 3 minutes all time he give you he's like whatever
in Mandeville, LA |
He is absolutely wonderful. He is very intent on getting the diagnosis and treatment exactly right. I had been to another doctor but when I met with Dr. Domangue he disagreed with the prior diagnosis and treated me for a different ailment. That saved me from a lot of unnecessary follow up and probably more treatments. I cannot stress enough how important his decisions were and he completely corrected the problem.
in Metairie, LA |
This man - COULD CARE LESS about his patients!!! All he's interested in is MONEY -He pushed multiple pain pills on me after I insisted I didn't want them then had the audacity to require me to get a nerve blocks Every month. I was sincerely looking for a doctor that actually cared about my pain issues. All he is interested in is doing nerve block after nerve block - CHARGING my insurance Thousands!!! months Of appointments and I seen he ONCE - His nurse practitioner seen me every other time!!
in Slidell, LA |
I'm a pt that moved from Chicago (well, an Hr out from Chicago), IL & had NO idea what a drama it would be to find a pain mgmnt dr here. I had a PM&R (Physical Med Doctor) in chicago--- loved him. And I saw about 3-4 Docs before getting to Dr. D. He has been wonderful-- Lisa is an amazing RN. Its a shame what Chronic Pts (now i mean true chronic pts, not people looking for meds) have to deal w/& "looked at" if you know what i mean in this state but my mother has cancer & ill bringing her to Him!
in Lacombe, LA |
Dr Domangue was able to help me with my pain when no other doctor understood. I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis in 2007 and suffer with excruciating pain in both legs and feet. Dr. Domangue understood the pathology of my condition immediately and knew what medication was needed . He implanted 2 spinal cord stimulators which have been exceptional in the management of my pain. I still see Dr. Domangue today and I am very grateful.
in Louisiana |
Dr Domangue and his NP Mrs Guidry are truly caring. Dr domangue surgically implanted a neurostimulator for my migraines and it's been a miracle for me. I'm forever thankful
in Covington, LA |
Long wait times to see doctor. Office staff slow and can be aggressive. Dr. has pictures of comic book heros on patient waiting room walls. Spends as little time with you as possible. His practice is too large to be well managed. Never present--you often only meet with nurse without notice. He abdicates authority to junior staff. A very young, and profit-oriented physician. More interested in his own tie and shirt collection than being a healer.
in Ponchatoula la 70454 |
He was awesome when I had him . But I did something stupid . I thought I was taking my xanix but it was an aderol . So they had to let me go , but he is an excellent doctor .
Have you seen Dr. Chad Domangue, MD?
Are you Dr. Domangue?