Dr. Chad Abernathey, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Chad Abernathey, MD
Dr. Chad Abernathey, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Cedar Rapids, IA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Abernathey is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids.

Dr. Abernathey's Experience

See how Dr. Abernathey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abernathey

Dr. Abernathey accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Abernathey is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Abernathey has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abernathey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abernathey to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Abernathey's Performance
in Ottumwa Iowa |
I went to Dr. Abernathy in 2014 for L4 andL5 surgery. I did great! I recently injured that area again. I'm on my way to get another consultation today 5-07-2017. Will need surgery again I'm sure. This is the Dr. I want to do it.
Iowa City, IA |
Dr Abernathey exhibits a high level of competence however he doesn't ask many questions, and you have to pry to get information from him. I trust his analysis but really wish he wouldn't have moved on so quickly without conversing more thoroughly.
in Bellevue, Ia |
He did a good surgery but I should of been told to rest more...I was injured very easily after 3 weeks and the surgery was a bust ...been suffering ever since. Patients really need rest and to stay put. I was simply injured terribly by someone grabbing my hand and twisting my back. It totally reversed everything the doctor did. I was heartbroken. Would of liked him to tell me more the dangers of surgery too.
Birmingham, AL |
All I can say is that I have never been to a more worthless so called Dr. in all my life !
in Pella, IA |
I have had 2 surgery's preformed by Dr. Chad Abernathy, both were complete successes, he has an excellent bedside manner and I can live very pain free today because of his expertise, both of my surgeries were disc/spine issues, both issues had disabled me, I will ever be grateful to him and the entire staff of Cedar Rapids Mercy.
in Rock Island, IL |
Exceptional surgeon in every regard. He has extensive experience in neck surgery. I had two herniated disks -c5/c6 and c6/c7 - resulting in excruciating arm pain. Another surgeon recomended fusion. Got second opinion from dr abernathey who recomended replacing c6/c/7. Surgery was a complete success. Immediate and full relief following surgery. There are no other surgeons in Iowan that have the level of experience he has which is critical to successful treatment.
in Cedar Rapids, Iowa |
Dr A is one of the most personable, warm, and funny doctors I'very every met. He has excellent credentials. He went to great lengths to explain every aspect of of my care to me and my husband. He's performed surgery on me 3 times. One day surgeries. Excellent results. I would recommend him highly to anyone needing spinal care.
Have you seen Dr. Chad Abernathey, MD?
Are you Dr. Abernathey?

Compare Dr. Abernathey

Dr. Abernathey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Iowa not available

Dr. Abernathey has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abernathey's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Meningiomas
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Stroke

R J & Lucille Carver Coll Med Univ Of Ia

Graduated in 1983

Mayo Clinic-Rochester

Completed in 1989

Dr. Abernathey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abernathey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent