Dr. Cerine Jeanty, MD

Dr. Cerine Jeanty, MD

General Surgery  |
Female

Special Clinical Interests: I enjoy the broad spectrum of general surgery and acute care surgery including conditions that involve the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, appendix, gallbladder, spleen, thyroid, adrenal gland, abdominal wall, and breast. When feasible, I strive to use minimally invasive (laparoscopic) techniques in order to decrease pain and reduce the size of scars. Why I Became a Medical Provider: Helping others has always been a personal trait. As early as middle and high school, I taught disabled children to ride horses as part of their therapy. In college, I worked with street children in a Guatemalan shelter. Medicine is a profession in which I could continue to help people in a concrete way by improving their health. Personal Interests and Hobbies: Swimming, craft-making, and horseback riding with my husband and three wonderful daughters. I am also a passionate woodworker, building furniture and decorative artwork.

Dignity Health Medical Group - San Francisco

2250 Hayes St Ste 302

San Francisco, CA 94117

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Jeanty

See how frequently Dr. Jeanty performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic

Dr. Jeanty's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Jeanty "Philosophy of Care: My goal is to treat patients as if they were my family, and provide quality care to address their ailments. Everyone should understand their options and be a partner in their medical decisions, which requires clear and effective communication. "

• General Surgery

• Colonic Volvulus
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Diverticulitis
  • Gallstones
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Tract Tumors
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hernia
  • Hiatal Hernia
  • Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Incisional Hernia

• Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
  • Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Splenectomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Sentinel Node Biopsy
  • Small Bowel Resection
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM) for Rectal Tumors

No malpractice history found for California.

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • University Of California At San Francisco
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of California At San Francisco
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Jeanty has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Jeanty does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jeanty and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jeanty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jeanty to family and friends
Dr. Jeanty's Performance
Leesburg |
After flying into San Francisco for a week of business, I realized something was wrong. I quickly went to St. Mary's Medical Center, and it was found I needed to have my appendix removed. Dr. Jeanty, could not have been more caring, kind, and reassuring. My family was across the country, and while I was nervous, I knew I would be ok in her hands. She did a terrific job, and I was walking the next day! If you need surgery, she should be your top choice. THANK YOU Dr. Jeanty!
in San Francisco, CA |
She is fantastic. Highly recommended. Surgery went as smoothly as possible. You can tell she really cares about her patients.
Elk Grove, CA |
I first met Dr. Jeanty when I was hospitalized for acute pain from my infected gallbladder. She introduced herself and explained the options I had for its removal. She did a "laparoscopic" cholecystectomy and upon awakening I was free of any pain or discomfort. It was a miracle. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Jeanty - her professionalism and expertise. I tell all my friends what a great doctor and person she is. Retired RN
in San Francisco, CA |
Based on enthusiastic doctor recommendations and this site, recently I chose Dr. Jeanty to do my laparoscopic bilateral inguinal hernia operation. I loved Dr. Jeanty: her manner was warm and attentive, spending the time to explain all options and risks. You won’t meet a nicer person. Her credentials are impeccable and the result of the operation, a month later, is I have no pain and just 2 little scars which recede by the day. I couldn’t recommend Dr. Jeanty more highly!
San Francisco, CA |
Oncologist referred my father to Dr. Jeanty to handle post chemotherapy surgery. Dr. Jeanty recommended a total gastrectomy, explaining why this was the course to take and how it would be done. She was professional and thorough, and accessible to answer all questions and concerns. I felt very comfortable with her and not only found her to be personable, but extremely knowledgeable of current best practices and approaches to surgery, as well as able to convey this information clearly.
in Daly City, CA |
I felt at ease, trusting and confident with her. She is very caring, compassionate, professional, and always available to answer questions in a very simple and direct manner.
San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Jeanty performed emergency surgery for our daughter. How lucky to find such a caring, smart and skilled surgeon! Thank you very much, Dr. Jeanty!
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Jeanty surgically removed a small intestine blockage that had resulted from an incarcerated hernia. She was extremely generous with her time, answered all of my questions fully and gave me a level of confidence often lacking in such situations. I would highly recommend Dr. Jeanty to anyone. Her work is based on experience, data and an excellent personal connection. I feel fortunate to have had her perform this operation.
in Hilo, Hawaii |
Dr. Jeanty was a true professional. I always felt safe in her hands. She performed an Open Right Hemicolectomy on me and was amazing. She and her team visited me every day in the hospital afterward, challenged me to heal and gain strength but cautioned me to take it slow. Every time she spoke, I felt compelled to listen. A doctor of great knowledge and talents, a person of few but very impacting words. Thank you Dr. Jeanty!
in San Francisco |
I am a doctor/specialist and Assistant Professor. I needed emergency surgery. Dr. Jeanty came highly recommended by my physician. I was pleased with the level of care and professionalism provided by Dr. Jeanty and the staff (nurses) at Saint Mary's hospital. Dr. Jeanty is kind, considerate and excels at helping her patients understand every aspect of what is happening. Without reservation I highly recommend Dr. Jeanty.
in San Francisco, CA |
I was admitted to the ER with some crazy rash. Turned out to be Necrotizing Fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria) and I was terrified about what was in store for me. Never having had a surgery in my life, or spent any time in a hospital, Dr. Jeanty was amazing. Her incredible skills as a surgeon saved my life, and her gentle bedside manner kept me going through my darkest hours. She's a brilliant surgeon and a wonderful woman - you will not find better. Thank you, Dr. Jeanty, for saving my life.
Have you seen Dr. Cerine Jeanty, MD?
Are you Dr. Jeanty?

San Francisco, CA 94109
St. Mary's Medical Center
450 Stanyan St
San Francisco, CA 94117

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Jeanty at Dignity Health Medical Group - San Francisco

General Surgery Specialist