Dr. Celso Filho, MD

Dr. Filho
Telehealth services available

Shady Grove Fertility- Tampa Bay

5016 W Cypress St Tampa, FL 33607

Dr. Celso Filho, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Tampa, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as AdventHealth Celebration and Adventhealth Orlando. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Filho to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Celso Filho, MD with other Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists near you

Dr. Filho's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Filho

Dr. Filho?
Dr. Silva, his nurse Beth and all other team members provide me and my husband with the most excellent care! The Tampa facility is brand new and beautiful! We came to SGF defeated after 7 years of fertility treatments and 5 fertility doctors! Dr. Silva was the first fertility Dr that actually talked to us like he really cared and made us feel human! He took a chance on us after being told by another Dr that I shouldn’t use my eggs due to my low AMH. Dr. Silva did warn us about the risks and possibilities but did say that if he was us that he would at least try once! We started treatment in July 2019 now here we are Feb 2020 and we are currently 13 weeks pregnant with our one and only embryo!! The entire team and staff at SGF was extremely helpful the entire way!!
Amy Nitola – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
My husband and I didn't realize that we would end up taking this journey to grow our family so we were both in an extremely fragile place walking into Dr. Silva's office. He and his team immediately recognized our needs in a straightforward, genuine, and compassionate way. His attention to detail and the care he placed with our specific case is a testament to his professionalism as well as every staff member at Shady Grove. There sense of urgency and follow up was comforting and showed the amount of importance they place with each situation. Literally an answer to prayer, thank you!
Grace Troise – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
We came to SGF and Dr. Silva after the group we used to conceive our first son left. I was anxious about started over new after having an established 2 year relationship at our prior office. However, from the very beginning Dr. Silva and his staff have been nothing but welcoming and proactive in helping us add to our family. My husband and I are very excited to be joining this great group as patients!!
Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
From the first appointment, to the last, we always felt like we were more than patients at SGF- we felt like family! We are expecting our miracle baby in May, and we couldn't have done it without the help of SGF Tampa. Dr. Silva, Cortney, and Emily were beyond amazing! We are forever grateful!
Dani – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
We cannot say enough great things about Dr. Silva and his "A" team at SGF Tampa...A.K.A. miracle workers. When we first walked in we realized how the office was so nice, clean and new. That was a good sign from the beginning. From the initial appointment, Dr. Silva was very cordial. He was actually running behind by an hour or so and he personally came out to let us know he was running behind and asked if we wanted to continue waiting or reschedule. After this first impression, we knew we found the right doctor. During the initial consultation, he explained the entire IVF process from beginning to end, what to expect and how long it would take. He said my wife would be pregnant this year...and fast forward several months later...we are now expecting our first child, on our first IVF attempt after trying for 10 years!!! Dr. Silva, Courtney, Emily and the entire SGF team are top notch.
Dec 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
I am am oocyte donor. The process was incredibly smooth and everyone involved made it extremely pleasant. I genuinely felt like everyone that I came in contact with cared about me
Nov 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
Dr. Silva is thorough, listens to all questions and concerns, and makes you feel at ease. We are seeking his expertise for a 2nd time around. He’s wonderful! My advice to anyone struggling to conceive is to make an appointment EARLY on in your journey. Don’t wait and waste months and months.
Steph – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
My husband and I were with another large clinic in Tampa for 3 years. We had done 4 embryo transfers and were not getting pregnant. The clinic didn’t seem to have any answers others then to keep trying. We had honestly lost hope when a colleague of mine from Maryland told me about Shady Grove and that they were opening an office in Tampa. My husband and I met with Dr.Silva on their opening day and he spend 2 hours with us reviewing our records and discussing options. He was so confident and kind and gave us hope again. We did an egg retrieval with Dr.Sila, transferred our first embryo and to our disbelief we are PREGNANT!!! Wow!!! After 4 years of struggling, countless tears and shots we are finally here. We could not thank Dr. Silva, nurse Emily and the incredible embryologist for making our miracle happen. I would not recommend any other clinic in Tampa other than Shady Grove and Dr. Silva. THANK YOU!!!
Lana – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
Dr. Silva is amazing!!! My husband and I never thought that we would be able to have children. We suffered three ectopic pregnancies, which caused the removal of my tubes. Last year we decided to go ahead and try IVF. Which is scary you hear so many stories some positive others ending in heartbreak. Dr. Silva was exceptional from the first appointment. He made us feel so comfortable he explained everything and all the steps that would be needed. The medical team was very compassionate, everyone really cares about you here. After waiting 14 years my husband and i are expecting our first child! We are so excited and we could not have done it without Dr. Silva. I highly recommend anyone struggling with fertility to meet with Dr. Silva, he works miracles!!!!!
Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
Dr. Silva is my Miracle Man! I am 41 years old. I had a miscarriage in 2016 and we were trying for over a year. I met with Dr. Silva and all my dreams came true. At our first visit, I know he was no ordinary doctor. He gave me hope that I have never felt before. He was kind, supportive and funny! I was able to become pregnant on my first IUI and I am expecting in February of 2020. Dr. Silva's team are beyond professional and compassionate. Each patient gets their own nurse/case worker, who calls you frequently to check in and help you through the process. My nurse Emily was the best! She was there every step of the way answering all my questions and making sure i was comfortable with the process. Since Dr. Silva is making miracles for a lot of patients, each patient also has a midwife that they meet with for ultrasounds. My midwife was Courtney. She was kind and knowledgeable and always excited to see me. To sum up, Dr. Silva and his team at Shady Groves are beyond the best!!
Heather Wos – Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
We loved everything initially but once treatment started - there was lots of miscommunications between dr and nurses. The numbers of the growing follicles were up and down drastically within 4 appts and it didn’t make any sense. The dr called for an extra blood test without my knowledge, I only found this out because I asked extra questions. On 2 occasions, I was sat down to discuss the possibility of triplets and even quads, which I felt was very strange given my age and below norm egg reserve. The dr even suggested he would tell his wife to cancel the cycle if it was his situation. We didn’t get even 1 baby out of the cycle and I’m pretty sure they missed the window and I ovulated on my own and went ahead with the IUI to cover there own mistakes but 1st tried to scare me off with the multiples convo. I was told after I didn’t need to see the dr to schedule another cycle. Why would I spend all this money and pump my body with more meds without discussing things with my dr?
Jul 10, 2019
Shady Grove Fertility strives to provide...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
Dr. Salvia is the most professional, humane and successful fertility doctor I've ever met. After four years of pregnancy, after a few well-known clinics in Tampa, I found Dr. Sylvia, and from the very first moment I knew I was no longer in a well-oiled system I knew I was in good hands and trusted him every step of the way, thank God and thank Dr. Silvia today I'm pregnant!
Mar 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
Dr. Silva was absolutely wonderful! He took as long as we needed at every appointment, however long that took, and never made us feel rushed. He answered all of my questions and others I didn't know I had. I especially appreciated that he was honest about plans moving forward based on results so I always knew what was happening and felt more in control. He was kind, patient and personally called me multiple times to explain results. I can't recommend him enough!
Jess B in tampa, FL – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
We would like to thank Dr. Silva for the great help in fulfilling our dream to have a baby. From the very first appointment with him, we felt very comfortable and satisfied with his knowledge and without any hesitations we started our first IVF ever. Everything were taken care of with passion and love. All of his staff , especially Rebekah and Emily were very compassionate with their job. I don’t have any issues with the financial dept. because of Nancy. They worked as a GREAT team overall.
Johna-Tim Osabel in Miami, FL – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
I had an extremely negative experience. I had an underlying condition, which prevented pregnancy unless it was addressed first. Rather than listening to me when I said my goal at the time was to resolve that issue so that down the line I could work on conceiving, he told me that he refused to help me unless my current goal was to actively get pregnant. Additionally, he did not make me feel confident that he understood endometriosis, fibroids, cysts, etc - all things which can prevent pregnancy.
Meghan – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
I was nervous when I first started this journey but that went away as soon as I met Dr. Silva.he made me feel comfortable & hopeful; he was not only professional but also very caring & positive & made me feel good about the whole process.He answered all my questions, removed all my doubts, & eased all of my concerns, as promised & by the grace of God, he made our dream come true... I became pregnant on my first IUI cycle. His staff is also amazing, nurses were sweet & returned calls promptly. :)
Celebration, Fl – Mar 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?
Dr. Silva is our fertility doctor and worked with us for 2 years to achieve our dreams of becoming parents at 41 years old. We tried
Jennifer in Plant City, FL – Sep 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Celso Filho, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Filho?

As an Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology specialist, I feel privileged and inspired by helping couples to achieve the dream of parenthood. I believe that it is fundamentally important to always hear what my patients have to say, and to be extremely sensitive to my patients' experiences and feelings during the challenges of infertility therapy.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility