Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD

Gynecologic SurgeryMaleAge 66

Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD is a Gynecologic Surgery Specialist in Atlanta, GA and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Tehran University Of Medical Sciences, Faculty Of Medicine medical school in 1980. He is affiliated with Northside Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nezhat to book an appointment.

Dr. Nezhat

Nezhat Medical Center

5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 276 Atlanta, GA 30342

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Gynecologic Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Nezhat's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hysteroscopy
  • Laparoscopic Myomectomy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Minimally Invasive Cystocele and Rectocele Repair
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Prolapse
  • Vaginal Surgery

Dr. Nezhat accepts

Dr. Nezhat accepts the following insurance:

Beech Street (Multiplan)
Global Health Care Network
Private HealthCare Systems
Three Rivers Provider Network

Dr. Nezhat's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nezhat

4.5

Dr. Nezhat?
  • Explained conditions well (48)
  • Listened & answered questions (48)
  • Office environment (48)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
I’ve been going to Dr Nezhat for 25 years. He is amazing. I cannot imagine a more compassionate and thorough physician. He literally changed my quality of life. He is a doctor that exemplifies top notch health care!
Phoebe Crosby – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
I had a hysterectomy and hernia repair surgery with Dr. Nezhat just over a week ago. My previous OB-Gyn had felt the surgery to be too risky due to scar tissue and other issues. Dr. Nezhat reassured me he could handle it. His office displays book after book he has authored on the subject of laparoscopic gynecological surgeries- he is TOP in this field. The surgery went without a hitch and the level of care I received at Northside Hospital was amazing. It was clear the nurses have the utmost respect for Dr. Nezhat and the care he expects for his patients. My follow-up has been care has been attentive, compassionate and thorough. I cannot recommend Dr. Nezhat and his staff highly enough. In addition, the woman who handles the insurance (plus scheduling and I am sure other things) fought for me to get the most reimbursement possible.
Terri – Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
I have had 2 surgeries with Dr.Nezhat and it all has been a great experience with him and the whole staff. Even I’m the hospital, he has a great reputation from techs, nurses, and all other that work with him. He also gets you a great spacious room for your family with lots of windows. It’s those little things that make him above and beyond all the other doctors. Financially they work well with you and are upfront about costs. Throughout the whole process you know what to expect and they answer all calls and emails promptly. Couldn’t ask for a better team. There are long wait times for your appointment but it’s worth it because he takes his time with You and ALL his patients.
Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
I had another surgical procedure done by Dr. Nezhat and once again I find I do not have enough words to describe his excellent care. He is the very definition of QUALITY healthcare. His expertise, skills, knowledge, and humility in addressing your concerns are unmatched. I only regret that I did not find him sooner because my issues would have been resolved much earlier. I have not felt this great in a very long time. And I would be remiss not to recognize his amazing office team. Ashley, MaryAnn, and Johanna, you are the benchmark for quality customer service. Nezhat Medical Center you ROCK! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
B.Kibera – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Caena Nezhat; he is extremely conscientious, knowledgeable and thorough. I had surgery with him and he made sure I was OK every step of the way, and beyond. I am truly grateful to have access to such a wonderful surgeon and doctor. I've been through a few years of treatments and at this point I am super jaded, but I did feel sure that I was in the best of hands with Dr. Nezhat and I would not hesitate to have him treat me again if needed.
Lejla Marijam – Apr 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
Dr. Nezhat is a miracle worker! He did a complicated 5 hour surgery that included removing mesh erroneously placed in a previous surgery. He also restored my bladder function with which I so thrilled. Dr. Nezhat is such a gentleman, and genuinely cares for his patients. I recommend him with no reservations whatsoever.
Lynn Hanna – Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
One of the first things he told me was that being a woman is not a reason to be in pain, and I'm so glad I trusted him for that. He went above and beyond while I went under for surgery, doing more than we had initially talked about when he found I had congestive pelvic syndrome, and he treated it as well as treated the endometriosis. I'm in the least amount of pain I've been in since I was about 12, and as someone with trauma? I found his offices one of the safest and most reassuring I've ever been in. He respected my autonomy as well, coming up with a plan with me over when to get a hysterectomy, instead of pressuring me into having children I don't want. I'm so relieved that I was referred to him, and my life continues to improve after.
Molly – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
Excellent GYN surgeon, one of the best in the world. He was able to help my wife with severe endometriosis with two separate and fairly involved surgeries when 21 other doctors before him had no clue. Highly recommend for endometriosis or other complex GYN surgery. My wife and I are both MD's BTW.
Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
Very skilled surgeon. Unpredictable bedside manner. Post-hysterectomy performed a procedure on me in office without any communication or consent. Dont recommend for hrt.
Apr 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
Incredible doctor. Very nice and easy to discuss questions and concerns with. I highly recommend him.
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
Dr. Nezat is excellent Physician! I was greeted with a warm hug and kindness by him and his staff. On that first visit I found out that I had L breast cancer in 2004. He helped me through my diagnosis, mastectomy and reconstructions. One day mid 2007, he called and scheduled me for an Ooverectomy. He was concerned cancer might spread to my ovaries. I was diagnosed again in 2008 with R breast cancer and chemo for the next year. He checked on my progress and made sure I was handling it ok! ??????
PRRogers in Atlanta – Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
I have been a patient of the Nezhat Surgery Center since the early 1980's. After endometriosis surgery Dr. Nezhat has had me on Hormone Replacement Therapy, corrected fibroid tumors, ablations and finally complete hysterectomy. I never took a single pain pill after leaving the hospital! Best of all, he removed my appendix and corrected my "belly button" navel. All this, and no stitches, just a few steri-stips. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Five stars is not enough!
Peggy Witt in Brookhaven, GA – Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
He is the very best doctor I have ever had and deserves a 10 plus rating!
Diane Hardesty in Atlanta – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
Dr Nezhat performed major surgery on me and my experience was very bad. Set backs occurred from the surgery and he was a poor communicator about what was going on. Also, very casual in his mannerisms when treating me. I could not recommend him.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Beth in Atlanta, GA – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
I've been a patient for 14 years. He performed 2 surgeries both with amazing results! I was able to get my quality of life back. I went back to Dr. Nezhat when I was ready to start my family. I did exactly what he instructed and was pregnant with in 6 months of starting the process. So thankful for him and his nurses!
E. Rogers in Atlanta, GA – Jun 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
10 years I have suffered with infertility, abdomen pain and painful periods. The Endometriosis Foundation referred me to Dr. Nezhat. He is nothing short of a miracle worker. He was able to accommodate an emergency surgery because of my pain. He excised ALL endo lesions, where other doctors wanted to prescribe Lupron (horrible drug) He saved my left ovary even though I said I was done with it - I would never get pregnant. That was 7 weeks ago. Unbelievably, today I am 4 weeks pregnant!!!
Shannon M. in Jupiter, FL – Jun 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
My search for a second opinion brought me to Dr. Nezhat. Thankfully, I decided to go with his recommendation. His approach to diagnosis and treatment is more sophisticated and informed by current research and experience than my other options, which were fairly conventional but would not have addressed all of my issues. The results of my surgery and the care by him and his team exceeded my expectations.
Atlanta – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
Dr Nezhat is first class with surgical skills and knowledge of endometriosis! I literally had infiltrative endometriosis on multiple organs. I was a total mess and he took excellent care of me. I would have traveled cross country if necessary to get to him regardless of the cost, because it is that worth it. Only downside is the insurance industry failure to recognize complex gyro treatments for full coverage. Regardless, If you have a complex gyno problem this is the doctor you need!
Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
I have been a patient for over 16 years with Dr Nezhat. 3 surgeries, 2 healthy babies later... thankful for him and the staff each and every day!
Atlanta, GA – Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?
Dr. Nexhat has started seeing my 15 year old since October due to endometriosis. She was previously under the care of another doctor who did surgery and symptoms got worse. Dr.Nezhat is treating her without surgery and I have seen a major difference!!!!! I’m so thankful to have found him.
Yvette Rijo in Braselton, Georgia – Jan 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ceana Nezhat, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nezhat?

Dr. Nezhat is a world renowned minimally invasive surgeon specializing in the treatment of severe and multi-organ endometriosis, myoma, ovarian cysts and...Read more

• Gynecologic Surgery