Dr. Cathy Chapman, MD

Dr. Cathy Chapman, MD

Rheumatology  |
Dr. Cathy Chapman, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Cordova, TN. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

8143 Walnut Grove Rd

Cordova, TN 38018

• Baptist Health Services Group
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)

Learn about Dr. Chapman

See how frequently Dr. Chapman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Autoimmune Diseases
Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Dr. Chapman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Chapman "It has been my philosophy of practice to provide quality care to the Greater Memphis Community and the individuals I serve. There is a shortage of Rheumatologists in the area and therefore I try to provide excellent care in the most efficient manner and with the least cost to the patient and their family. In this effort, I have restructured my schedule to decrease wait times and am working toward strategies to improve patient satisfaction within my mission of caring for a diverse population."

• Rheumatology

• Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

• Joint Injection
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Soft Tissue Injections
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Binghamton University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • University Of Chicago/The Pritzker School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Michael Reese Hospital and Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Of Rochester
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Chapman has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin
  • Tagalog

Dr. Chapman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chapman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chapman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chapman to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Chapman's Performance
    GOOD
Office staff is completely incompetent. Dr. Chapman was dismissive and not comprehensive
in Munford Tn |
Dr. Chapman is awesome and Trust and Believe in her, she really knows what she is talking about. She is wonderful. Have been going to her for some years now and cannot imagine going to anyone else. Keep up what your doing Dr. Chapman you are wonderful.
I saw Dr. Chapman this past week. I almost didn't see her because I contemplated leaving because of her receptionists at the front desk. They are extremely rude and seem not to realize that the very customers that they are treating poorly are the very reason they have a job. Rude, Rude, Rude! Dr. Chapman should monitor with some type of hidden camera or mystery shopper so that she can see that these two are running her customers away. I like Dr Chapman but won't be going back.
We really appreciate the positive feedback about Dr. Chapman and several aspects of your experience earlier this month. However, we are sorry for the issues you bring up about the staff. Thank you for your feedback on this account! We hope that you will give us another chance if you have rheumatologic needs as we continue to improve our patient interactions. In the meantime, feel free to call us at 901-753-0168 to further address your issues with us.
in Memphis, Tn |
I been a patient of Dr. Chapman's for several years now . She is a very compassionate, caring doctor. She has always listen to everything that I've had to say and address my concerns. I have received the best care from her and I trust her judgement on my health care . The staff has always been kind and courteous . Appointments I'm never been an issue for me . All these negative reviews must be ppl that have never been to see her . Cathy broadwater
Thank you for leaving such nice feedback about Dr. Chapman and our services earlier in August. We are so happy when we can satisfy our patients' needs and build lasting doctor-patient relationships!
Memphis, TN |
I love Dr. Chapman but I dislike her staff which is a direct reflection on her. The office staff are rude and have zero compassion and offer no apologies. As soon as possible we will be changing doctors.
Thank you for this feedback you left back in May! We are so glad you love Dr. Chapman and very disappointed that you had anything less than a wonderful experience with our staff. We are currently working hard on this area, and hope that you will see great improvement if you choose to return. If you like, please call us at 901-581-3018 to address your concerns with us.
The desk staff are always rude and unapologetic for their curt interactions personally and via phone calls. I have seen them literally roll their eyes when I've brought my debilitated mother in for her appointments. They show no signs of compassion which makes me wonder why they have chosen the Healthcare profession. They have no business working in a Physician's office if they are unconcerned and indifferent to their patients and patient family members. The lack of professionalism is appalling!
in Memphis, TN |
Dr Chapman is not a healer, she's a business woman. She wants $50 from you every time one of her staff fills out a form for insurance or anything. She's personable enough, but her 1st priority is profit.
Henderson, TN |
I am an established patient with Dr. Chapman. I had a flare up during the summer months. I requested to see Dr. Chapman and was told that she will not return until the middle of August. I stated that that was three weeks from now. The receptionist said that I was correct. I requested the phone number of the physician that she is referring patients to while on vacation. The receptionist said that Dr. Chatman does not have a physician covering her cases while out of town. Amazing!
Her idea of treatment was best. I'm doing so much more better now.
in Counce |
She listens and Understands. I trust her 100%
Have you seen Dr. Cathy Chapman, MD?

Visit Dr. Chapman

Dr. Chapman accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Baptist Health Services Group
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)

Hospitals where Dr. Chapman has admitting privileges