Dr. Cathleen S. Van Buskirk, MD

Dr. Cathleen S. Van Buskirk, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Female

Alpine Spine Center, PC 4745 Arapahoe Ave Ste 300, Boulder, CO 80303 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Van Buskirk specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery and practices in Boulder, CO. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Van Buskirk? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Van Buskirk's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Van Buskirk's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Van Buskirk

Dr. Van Buskirk accepts 14 insurance carriers

14 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• American Republic
  • Golden Rule
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • MedHealthInsurance
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Van Buskirk has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Van Buskirk

Dr. Van Buskirk's Review Details
4.4 based on 50 responses
Experience with Dr. Van Buskirk
Dr. Van Buskirk's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (48)
Denver, CO |
From the first appointment to the post-surgery appointment, I have been extremely pleased with Dr. Van Buskirk. At all times I felt like I was with a true professional who had my best interests and improved health outcomes as her priority. If I ever need any spinal surgery again, she would be my surgeon of choice. Excellent doctor!
in Brighton, CO |
Dr. Van Buskirk's surgery results were outstanding. My pain has definitely subsided and I'm living a life of more quality of life than ever before. Thank you Dr. Van Buskirk
in Boulder, CO |
There is not room here for the long review that I composed. Both my daughter and myself have had spinal surgery by Dr Van Buskirk. She is the best.
in Brighton, CO |
Dr. Van Buskirk is a very knowledgeable surgeon. She has exactly the right balance between professionalism and patient interaction. She listened and gave advice without making me feel I was being forced into having surgery. I had sciatica pain for several weeks. I was not sure that I needed surgery, but it was not getting better. The surgery lasted 1 hour. I was able to walk right away. It took a few days before all pain completely subsided, but now I am able to do all normal activities.
in Boulder, CO |
Dr Van Buskirk took excellent care of me and went above and beyond to accommodate me and my needs. She came in on days off, early hours to help me deal pre-surgery and post-op. She answered all my questions and was more then patient in explaining everything to me. Not only was the whole experience great but the surgical results are beyond compare!
in Louisville, CO |
Dr. Van Buskirk came recommended to me by one of my doctors and a friend. I was experiencing horrible nerve pain from my neck and shoulder through my arm with numbness in my fingers due to a bulging disc. One never wants to hear that they need immediate surgery, however Dr. Van Buskirk put my fears at rest and I felt confident moving forward. Fusion of C6-7 went well & while I still have some numbness in my fingers, my overall recovery has been great & 8 months out I am doing most activities.
in Boulder, CO |
I felt like Dr Van Buskirk was genuinely interested in getting the best outcome for me. Also, I liked the whole concept of the minimally invasive surgery. Don't do more than required to get the results you want.
in Westminster, CO |
Dr. Van Buskirk did a phenomenal job on my partial laminectomy & foraminotomy on my L4/L5, S1/S2. I had horrible nerve pain down my leg & foot for a decade & it is gone! So thankful. Her staff was great & my experience could not have been more positive. I highly recommend her!
in Arvada, CO |
Dr. Van Buskirk did surgery on my neck and no surgery is wonderful, but my pain was so well managed and my recovery was complete. Before surgery I could not do dishes, type or perform most daily chores without extreme pain and now I am pain free and able to do anything I want too. Dr. Van Buskirk and her office are wonderful and I appreciate all they did for me during my surgery and recovery. They're the best.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Doctor Van Buskirk was the only doctor I found, after several years of procedures from various sources that agreed my condition should have been treated surgically. Since my surgery in 2013, I have enjoyed a much greater quality of life and have considerably less pain. I have regained the full use of my right arm and hand, as well as not having to rely on multiple medications and their associated side effects. I have, and will continue recommend her to others.
in Broomfield, CO |
Dr. Van Buskirk is phenomenal! I had back pain for 20 years. When I went to first visit her (recommended highly to me from another happy patient of hers) I was optimistic, but also ready for the standard you need to get a fusion. She is very confident, and pointed out areas on my MRI that the initial report didn't even show, and did not suggest a fusion! I elected to have surgery asap with her, and for the first time in 20 years, I have zero pain in my back. I can not thank her enough!
in Boulder, CO |
I had a spinal fusion for a bilateral pars fracture at L5 back in 2008 and I highly recommend Dr. Van Buskirk. I went to a few different people around Boulder- chiropractors, physical therapists, a neurosurgeon (who basically told me I had nothing wrong with me and gave me about 5 minutes of his divided time) and then finally Dr. VB. She was very compassionate and knew right away that surgery was the right solution. Awesome bedside manner. She may be a bit more conservative than others, though.
in Boulder, CO |
I had a severe back disk issue that was using extreme pain. I spent 5+ years and thousands of dollars trying every kind of treatment I could find...shots, stem cells, acupuncture...you name it. Finally, I found Dr. Van Buskirk.She listened to my story with true compassion. She did not jump to easy conclusions,but instead ran a series of diagnostic tests to make sure she truly understood the source of my pain. Only then did she make a recommendations. She performed a VERY successful fusion.
Have you seen Dr. Van Buskirk?
Are you Dr. Van Buskirk? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

• Decompression
  • Degenerative Disc surgery
  • Disc Surgery
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Scoliosis Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Medical College Of Wisconsin

Graduated in 1991

University Of Nm School Of Med

Dr. Van Buskirk has no media or publications listed.

• French

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Van Buskirk does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Van Buskirk and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Van Buskirk's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Van Buskirk

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Van Buskirk's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Van Buskirk

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients