Dr. Cathleen Mullarkey-Desapio, MD

Dr. Cathleen Mullarkey-Desapio, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Cathleen Mullarkey-Desapio, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Princeton, NJ. She is 60 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

10 Forrestal Rd S Ste 106

Princeton, NJ 08540

• Amerihealth
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio

See how frequently Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
high
Vitamin D Deficiency
high
Diabetes Counseling

Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Addison's Disease
  • Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Cushing's Syndrome
  • Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Weight Loss Management

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• SUNY Stonybrook
  • Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio's Performance
in Jackson, NJ |
Dr.. Mullarkey's straight forward professional approach is truly what I needed in a physician, she is extremely thorough and confident. She has provided me with a clear course of treatment that has improved my health tremendously, always ready to answer my questions. What a pleasure it is to such a wonderful doctor in my corner. "Two Thumbs Up"
in Monroe Township |
Dr. Mullarky is a very thorough physician! She is easy to talk with and very kind in her approach. I have confidence in her as my specialist.
Trenton, NJ |
Horrible experience. Very dismissive and condescending. Waited 45 minutes to see her only to have her rush through the exam, listen to nothing I said, and all but refuse to answer any questions I had.
Trenton, NJ |
My 2nd visit with Dr. Mullarkey, much better than the first. Overall, she really knows her stuff and then some. Never felt rushed or overwhelmed by the information she provided. She is the doctor I've been waiting to see after having other endo's not as good. She really makes me want to be a better patient and get my health in a much better place!
in Kendall Park |
This was my first visit to Dr Cathleen and I was very impressed. She took the time and looked at all the reports. She pointed out some issues in my blood report that my primary care overlooked. I would highly recommend her.
in Brick, NJ |
I found Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio very knowledgeable. She spent alot of time on our initial visit. Very thorough. Finally a Dr that know Diabetes! I would highly recommend her.
i would never ever recommend this doctor to anyone i liked. She is not sincere. made me feel overweight (if 135 lbs 5ft 4 is overweight she is overweight also). i found out i have cancer, i have to have surgery and needed to get a form signed by her and she said to come to the office right after their lunch. she made me sit in the waiting room for 2 hours and saw me for a minutes. i am on a high dose of steriods for breathing issues. she said she would not prescribe them to me. don't go to her
in Allentown, NJ |
Very good - all the time
in Yardley, PA |
I was previously seeing an endocrinologist in PA for 11 years. Due to my work situation, I decided to make a switch to see Dr Mullarkey-Desapio. I am so glad I did!!!! She listened and decided to order some tests that indicated that I was a Type 2 Diabetic and not the Type 1 for which I was treated. I feel much better now and highly recommend Dr Mullarkey-Desapio.
in Belle Mead, NJ |
I have been having thyroid issues for a while - almost 7 years. My previous endocrinologist was not very sympathetic to how I felt, he only addressed my issues by looking at my "numbers" Dr. Mullarkey came highly recommended so I made an appointment to go see her. Not only did she take the time to sit and listen to me, she made a recommendation to change my medicine to a brand and not a generic. What a WORLD of difference. After being on the new medicine for 7 weeks now, I feel amazing!
in East Brunswick, NJ |
My endocrinologist in East Brunswick retired and the new physician who took over was terrible. I searched for a new doctor and was lucky to find Dr. Mullarkey. Very caring and excellent doctor. Spends a great deal of time with me, explaining everything. Really knows her stuff! Office is beautiful and easy to get to, and the staff is great.
in Edison, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Mullarkey for the past year after being in severe denial of my diabetes and my health issues. She has been amazing and virtually saved my life. Very knowledgeable, very detailed in her evaluation, and extremely committed to her patients. I am so very fortunate to have found her. I would give her 10 stars if I could!!!
in Plainsboro, NJ |
I am new to Dr Mullarkey. I switched because I needed a doctor who was comfortable with technology used in diabetes. She was informed and took time to listen and share new treatment options with me. Exactly what I have been looking for.
in North Brunswick, NJ |
I am a physician who has referred many of my patients to Dr. Mullarkey over my professional career, with wonderful feedback from them and outstanding medical results. It was therefore no surprise that when I needed an endocrinologist , I chose her. She is clearly a stand out endo who is well above average in knowledge, commitment to her patients with genuine concern, practicing cutting edge medicine. I am very fortunate to have her as my specialist, and for all my patients, old and new.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
Became Dr. Mullarkey's patient last year after my previous endocrinologist retired. Hate when I have to change doctors, but I was extremely impressed and have been very happy with her care and her office staff. I would definitely recommend her.
in brick nj |
Excellent Doctor!!! Very attentive listens to you and discusses treatment!!!
in Langhorne, PA |
I am a type 1 diabetic with thyroid and adrenal disease. Dr. Mullarkey has been the only specialist who has been knowledgeable enough to deal with my very complex medical problems. I have been very happy with her care. I would definitely recommend her.
in Middlesex, NJ |
Interested in her patients, takes time to listen. Professional, intelligent and compassionate
in Lawrenceville, NJ |
I am a new patient to Dr. Mullarkey over the past year. I was very impressed with her comprehensiveness and obvious extensive knowledge about my diabetes and thyroid conditions. She spent a great deal of time with me, more than any other physician I have had in the past, and explained everything in great detail in terms I could understand. She was obviously very committed to providing outstanding care and also very caring and personable. I have been very happy with her care.
in Edison, NJ |
Great physician. Very happy with her care, staff and office.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I have been Dr. Mullarkey's patient for over 20 years. She has moved her office several times, and every time I follow her. Her most recent office is now the farthest, over an hour and a half commute with traffic, BUT SHE IS WORTH IT! She is an irreplaceable doctor! I love her. She is very kind and very helpful. I also panicked (like the previous review) when she moved and I could not find her, but thankfully did! I highly recommend her! Her new office is beautiful and the staff wonderfu
in Jamesburg, NJ |
Outstanding physician. Have seen her four times. The perfect combination of very educated and up to date scholar and down to earth, very caring physician. Love her. Highly recommend.
in Skillman, NJ |
I met Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio when she was my endocrinologist at Princeton Medical Group for about 2 years. When Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio left the Princeton Medical Group I panicked. I was overjoyed when she joined the staff at Princeton Endocrinology Associates. She is always patient and asks how I'm doing. She always remembers to ask me if I need any prescription refills and reviews my medication and dosing. I have not problem scheduling appointments and the staff is friendly and helpful.
in Monroe, NJ |
I have such confidence in Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio not only am I a patient but I've taken my daughter to see her. Knows her stuff.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
Outstanding endocrinologist. Highly recommend. My physician for Type 1 diabetes for 5 years, transitioning from a pediatric endo, which I was very nervous about, but soon found I had hit the lottery!. The most knowledgeable and caring doctor I have ever had. Really helped me get control of my diabetes and get me on an insulin pump and continuous glucose meter. Very very happy I found her! Completely disagree with comments by J.Brown in earlier review!!
in Monroe Township, NJ |
Amazing endocrinologist! Spent a great deal of time with me. Really listened to my concerns and brainstormed unique solutions that no other physician took the time to try to do. Very caring and extremely up to date with the most current medical information. I felt very comfortable with her and highly recommend her!
in Somerset, NJ |
The best endocrinologist you will ever find! Wonderful office and office staff too!
in East Brunswick, NJ |
Outstanding physician! I have seen many endocrinologists in Princeton, New Brunswick, Flemington and Bridgewater, and she was the only doctor who didn't tell me my weight gain was from eating too much. She diagnosed my problem--a rare condition called Cushings. She saved my life! I would highly highly recommend her!!!
in Princeton Junction, NJ |
Excellent physician. Very smart. Took a great deal of time with me dealing with my many problems over the past several years. Very Caring. Would recommend without hesitation!
in Princeton Junction, NJ |
I am a 64 year old woman who recently has faced many medical challenges, thereby seeing a multitude of diff doctors. Dr. Mullarkey was BY FAR the most thorough physician that I have seen. She took the time to explain to myself and my husband in detail everything that she wanted me to do. You never feel as if there is a time clock on your appointment, she spends the amount of time needed at each appointment.
in Princeton, NJ |
Visited Dr M a few times as Diabetes-Type1 patient. Every time it would be too much theory and not practical treatment of the individual patient. Would not look at insulin pump blood readings, only A-1-Cs which in my case are not accurate. Could not correlate imperial patient pump reports with medical theory - which for an insulin dependent diabetic is not rocket science, and especially if one has been a type-1 for over 25 years. Prescribed medications that I was allergic to...
in Somerset, New Jersey |
Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio is a wonderful Doctor. She has a healing touch. She is kind and friendly. She is well read and know her job. She explains you well about your condition.
Have you seen Dr. Cathleen Mullarkey-Desapio, MD?
Are you Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio?

Visit Dr. Mullarkey-Desapio