Dr. Catherine Porter, MD

Dr. Catherine Porter, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Catherine Porter, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Oklahoma City, OK. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 8 years.

6701 W Hefner Rd Ste B

Oklahoma City, OK 73162

Learn about Dr. Porter

See how frequently Dr. Porter performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Confusion
Thrombosis
high
Brain Disorders
high

Dr. Porter's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Oklahoma State University
  • SUNY Buffalo & Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • University Of Mn
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Porter has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Porter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Porter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Porter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Porter to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Porter's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Stillwater, OK |
Nightmare! Wouldn't work with my insurance company to get the specialty medicines i need because she "doesn't have the time to answer their questions" about my medical necessity. Finally, after a year of dealing with this, she writes a simple letter to HealthChoice and it's done. Her office rarely answers my calls, doesn't return calls when I leave a message--in fact her voicemail greeting warns callers not to make repeated calls. She's approachable enough, but seems flustered and confused.
in Yukon, OK |
She is very knowledgeable and patient. She never rushes us and always answers every question. She is a very personable doctor who truly cares about her patients. I trust her completely with not only my care but the care of my special needs adult daughter. Believe me, good neurologists are very hard to find.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
My husband visited Dr Porter and found her to be friendly, and seemed thorough until it came time for all the tests she has put him through. First an MRI was not sent to Vantage, they had to call her numerous times, an Ultrasound was not filled out properly for Medicare to approve, then a blood workup was not properly filled out and they could not get hold of her all morning. My husband sat at DLO (lab) for and hour and half waiting and they never got the test done.
in Yukon, OK |
Took the time to research and fully explain my disorder in an easily understood method. Allowed me the time I needed to explain my symptoms.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Concerning Dr. Porter, I found her to be very thorough in her diagnostic process. She demonstrated a high level of concern for me and asked a lot of questions concerning my symptoms and general health as part of her diagnostic process. She asked if I was a military veteran and when I affirmed, she thanked me for my service. Her staff on the other hand leave a lot to be desired. Failing to mail certain items on multiple occasions, calling at the last minute to confirm a scheduled test and o
in OKC, OK |
Office staff was all confused. I had an appointment set up for test. Got to the parking lot fixing to go into the hospital, after confirming the appointment two days prior with the hospital. 10 minutes before I was suppose to be their. I received a call saying Dr Porter could not order that test that I had to have a Neuro Surgeon. All the office staff could say is I had to see another Dr. first. My call to Dr's nurse, Lacy had no clue! This is all after taking off work and driving 30 miles.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Ok experience, didn't feel too welcomed. Was sent for an EEG, test results take 10 business days to come in. It's been 5 weeks. Her nurse hasn't responded to any of our phone calls regarding the situation. I would NEVER reccomend anyone needing a neurologist, to Dr. Porter. I have received the bill before receiving the test results.
Have you seen Dr. Catherine Porter, MD?
Are you Dr. Porter?