Dr. Catherine Larson, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 39

Dr. Larson

Catherine Larson Practice

2525 Wallingwood Dr Ste 800 Austin, TX 78746

Dr. Catherine Larson, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Austin, TX. She specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

• Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Friendly staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Larson accepts

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Larson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Larson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Larson

3.9

Dr. Larson?
Dr. Larson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Catherine Larson, MD
I have been working with Dr. Larson for several years now and I’ve enjoyed working with her. She genuinely cares about her patients. Her medical knowledge is outstanding. She takes the time to really understand each unique situation and prescribes medications conservatively and in combination with other treatments and lifestyle changes. She is thoughtful, kind and caring. I would highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Catherine Larson, MD?
Dr. Larson is a compassionate and skilled psychiatrist. She is thoughtful in her treatment approach and genuinely cares about her patients. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Catherine Larson, MD?
Dr. Larson asks youth patients what they want instead of advising, she lied about having exp in the areas we were seeking just to get her $450 and f/up appts.,,ordered tests she said would be covered with worthless results and refused to stand behind her patient to communicate with lab on erroneous results, sent WRONG patient’s personal data to our home!, didn’t understand drug side effects my child had that I researched and had to explain, and prescribed RX contraindicated for child’s symptoms.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Catherine Larson, MD?
Dr. Larson was kind, patient, and listened to all of our concerns. She cooperatively created a successful plan to treat my son's OCD. She also identified his mild autism, which helped so much with school success and administrative accommodations. Highly recommended doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Catherine Larson, MD?
Dr Larson is very professional and thorough. She managed my son's medication while he was being treated for depression. I do wish that the sessions were more focused on discussing his issues, rather than focusing mainly on the meds and side effects. Unfortunately the Texas Child Study Center is not set up that way, requiring us to visit a psychologist for counseling, in addition to appts with Dr Larson. I do hope that when she opens her own practice, she gets more into counseling. ,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Catherine Larson, MD?
Dr Larson has proved herself to be indispensable for helping my autistic daughter. She is an excellent communicator, respectful both to my wife and I as parents as well as directly to my daughter, who adores her. She respected our desire to avoid unnecessary meds and was helpful in fully educating us on options when WE decided meds were needed. In the end, she provided accurate diagnoses that no one else had previously considered. She is a blessing to us and we are thankful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Catherine Larson, MD?
It's not easy to find a child psychiatrist in general, but we struck gold when we discovered Dr. Larson last year! She kindly speaks directly to my girls in their appointments, rather than over their heads to me. Her track record for diagnosing is flawless, and I appreciate her careful approach to medications, along with the inevitable tweaking they come with. My girls happily look forward to seeing her at each visit. Her expertise is perfectly balanced with an outstanding patient rapport.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Catherine Larson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Larson?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry