Family Medicine  |
Dr. Catherine Churgay, MD
Dr. Catherine Churgay, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Ypsilanti, MI. She is 53 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

Hope Medical Clinic

518 Harriet St

Ypsilanti, MI 48197

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Churgay

Obtaining medical care can be very scary for patients and my job is to educate them as much as possible so that we can work together as a team to either solve their problems and help them feel better or prevent a problem from occurring in the first place.  I'm an excellent listener and use patient input as much as possible to formulate the best plan for that individual patient.  Medicine is definitely not one size fits all.  I emphasize communicating clearly and answering all questions to the best of my ability because a patient cannot effectively carry out their treatment plan if they don't understand what is causing the problem in the first place and how my recommendations will help to alleviate the problem.  Patients and their families should be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their ability to pay.  I encourage patients to tell me as much as possible about themselves because stress, family history, and environmental factors play an important role in illness and treating them is often the best way of helping the patient feel better and ideally fully recover from whatever ails them.

Dr. Churgay's Experience

Dr. Churgay's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • University Of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Primary Care Faculty Development Fellowship At Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Churgay has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Churgay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Churgay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Churgay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Churgay to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Churgay Says:

I'm sorry that some patients had such a negative experience with me and our office staff and will use this feedback to continuously improve a patient's experience in our practice.  Patients can directly call our office manager at 734 481-0111 extension 102 with any concerns or complaints so that we can immediately address them.  I am very sorry that the patients had to wait longer than...

Dr. Churgay's Performance
    GOOD
in Canton, MI |
Being without health insurance can be a daunting experience but I was fortunate enough to find Hope Clinic. Here I was assigned to Dr. Churgay who provided me with comprehensive care in a dignified manner. She took the time, listened to my concerns, ordered tests accordingly, and responded compassionately. I never felt like an uninsured individual as she provided me with reassurance and outstanding care. Dr. Churgay's dedication impacted my life and I will be forever grateful.
in Wayne, MI |
I had been in pain for a long time I had the T11 broken in my spine in which no one else pursued or tried to help me with the pain not. I had no job I had no resources but Dr. Catherine Churgay is the best doctor I have ever had. Now that I am back on my feet we always send money to the Hope Center knowing that there are other people out in the world that need help like we did and will find that help with the Hope Center and there doctors. Thank you so much God Bless you all Plus Dr. Churgay
in Ypsilanti, MI |
she takes the time to go over your medical concerns and address them. orders tests when needed.
Have you seen Dr. Catherine Churgay, MD?
Are you Dr. Churgay?