Dr. Catherine Carretero, MD

Dr. Catherine Carretero, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Catherine Carretero-Ferrufino was born and raised in Detroit Michigan. She completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and her Medical Degree in Detroit Michigan at Wayne State University. While at Wayne State she was a member of the national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha. Following medical school, she went on to complete her medical internship and dermatology residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit Michigan. While at Henry Ford Dr. Carretero received both the Henry Ford Hospital and Michigan Dermatological Society awards for outstanding resident research. She presented at the American Academy of Dermatology in both 2004 & 2005, and published several scientific articles. Throughout medical school and residency Dr. Carretero served as a tutor and mentor to high-school students preparing for college entrance exams. She also had the opportunity to work in the health care system in Spain, on two separate occasions during both medical school and residency, so that she could improve her communication with her many Spanish speaking patients. Following residency Dr. Carretero moved to Colorado and started her own practice in the lower highlands (lowerhighlandsdermatology.com), where she also lives. She enjoys seeing patients of all ages and does take special pride in being able to serve the large Latino community in the Denver area, as she is fluent in Spanish. Dr. Carretero is a past board member of the Level One Society of the Denver Health Foundation and Project PAVE(promoting alternatives to violence through education). She is an active member of Robby’s Friends (a non-profit serving children with cancer). She has also appeared in Elle magazine, The Denver Post, and on Colorado Fox morning news. Dr. Carretero is a board certified dermatologist, a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, a member of the Colorado Medical Society, Denver Medical Society and the Colorado Dermatological Society.

Lower Highlands Dermatology

2150 W 29th Ave Ste 600

Denver, CO 80211

• Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Medicare
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Carretero

The skin care professionals at Lower Highlands Dermatology at Prima Clinic are pleased to welcome you to our practice. We want our patients across Denver, Lakewood and Arvada to be informed decision makers and to fully understand any health issues you face. We know how hectic life can be and are committed to making our practice convenient and accessible. We want you to feel confident that when you choose Lower Highlands Dermatology at Prima Clinic in Denver, you're working with specialist dermatologists and other professionals who are qualified, experienced and caring. Through our current suite of services, which includes Dysport treatments, skin cancer treatment, acne treatment, Botox injections and much more, we’re ready to help you achieve your ideal skin appearance.

Dr. Carretero's Experience

Dr. Carretero's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Birthmark
  • Hair Conditions
  • Hair Loss
  • Itchy Skin
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pediatric Dermatologic Disorders

• Laser Hair Removal
  • Microdermabrasion
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Ultherapy®

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • Wayne State University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Henry Ford Hospital

Dr. Carretero has no media or publications listed.

• Phoenix Ophthalmological Society, Past President

Dr. Carretero's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carretero to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Carretero's Performance
Denver, CO |
The office staff doesn't know what they are doing. WORST customer service I have ever had in a professional office. Purchased a package treatment and the final treatment could not be done. I waited for over 40 minutes past my appointment time to be told this and not offered any compensation for the hassle of driving there, waiting over 40 minutes past my original appointment time and not being able to get my final micodermabrasion appointment honored because of training issues, staff issues.
Denver, CO |
I will NOT be back. My visit lasted maybe 5 minutes.When I was waiting in the room, I overheard Dr. Carretero talking to the student that she does not have much time today (there is a big gap at the top of the room, close to the ceiling, it's a charming but old building). She said I would have to make another appointment for her to check my body for any moles etc. So disappointing even more so since my visit was so short! She is only pushing the products she sells in her office.
Denver |
The first time I went to Dr. Carretero 2 years ago, she was thorough and great however when I saw her this year my experience was anything but. I've had Melanoma 3 times and over 15 excisions for all levels of atypia and I was feeling uneasy about a new one and she wouldn't come out to see me because my student health insurance wasn't going to kick in for another week and wanted me to pay the base rate of $250. Then when I finally came back in she was dismissive and cold.
in Parker CO |
I would NOT recommend this Dr. or office. My daughter went to her for an acne problem. She prescribed a medication that is no longer being produced and our insurance will not pay for the generic version. We made many calls to the office over a 2 week period and never received calls back. When we did finally get a call back, the person was rude and got angry when we couldn't come in on the day she wanted. (It was the first day of school). Very unprofessional.
in Denver, CO |
Not a good experience at all. I went there because I had acne issues and a situation with my scalp. I went in there very worried trying to get help to find a solution. She came in, I told her about my problem, she didn't even took a look at my face, told me that it looked fine to her, recommend Neutrogena face wash, saw my scalp, said I didn't have anything, left. SERIOUSLY?! literally 5 minutes. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL
Have you seen Dr. Catherine Carretero, MD?

Visit Dr. Carretero

Dr. Carretero accepts 17 insurance carriers
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA