Dr. Caterina Violi, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyFemaleAge 53

Dr. Caterina Violi, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Greenwich, CT and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry medical school in 1994. She is affiliated with Greenwich Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Violi to book an appointment.

Dr. Violi

4.2

77.41935483870968%
16.774193548387096%

Dr. Violi
I went to Dr. Violi for my first pregnancy - my son was born in May. She was everything I could have hoped for in my doctor - kind, patient, knowledgeable and VERY calm. My birth experience was difficult as my son was born “sunny side up”, but Dr. Violi did an unbelievable job and took great care of me. I built strong relationships with the nurses at the practice, and always felt comfortable and safe going to her and her practice. Could not recommend more.
Marissa Rufolo Nieporte – Jul 08, 2021
I was referred to Dr Violi by my GYN when I became pregnant. The whole office and experience through my pregnancy, birth, and post partum check ups were wonderful. I never waited more than 5 minutes and Dr Violi kept me informed every step of the way with an easy going and supportive style. I can’t recommend Dr Violi and her team highly enough. I will continue seeing her for my annual gynecological exams.
Jun 08, 2021
I started with this practice upon discovering I was pregnant with my second child. Dr violi is attentive and informed and I really felt like she cared about making me feel comfortable. The nurses and technicians in the office are also top notch. Overall I felt like I received extremely personalized care from a team that took me, my health and my preferences into account. I credit Dr Violi (and her team) with the incredibly positive experience I had giving birth. The entire process from admitting to the hospital through the arrival of the baby was smooth and easy and the recovery took one third of the time it did with my first. Definitely recommend Dr Violi!
May 24, 2021
Doctor Violi did not care about my pregnancy whatsoever. She didn’t show up to my actual delivery and billed me for unnecessary things. She tried to get as many ultrasounds out of me so she could bill my insurance. Please don’t got to this doctor she is only after your money.
May 14, 2021
I have been going to Dr. Violi since my first ever OB appointment. Since then in 20 something years, she has delivered 4 babies via c section for me. She is smart, skilled and kind. The women who work in her office are the best, always friendly and fun and willing to help however they can. I can’t recommend this practice enough.
Gloria D – May 01, 2021
Back in October Dr. Caterina Violi came highly recommended by the ER doctors at Greenwich Hospital because of a large, 18cm mass taking over my uterus. Very afraid of what it could have been...I made my first appointment with Dr. Violi. Her office, Lisa and the rest of the staff couldn't have made me feel more at ease. I was extremely confident that I would receive the very best care. Dr. Violi & the oncology surgeon set my surgery date up quickly. On 11/30/20...my surgery went very well as my almost 10lb mass was found benign...thank you God. I was treated so amazing by Greenwich Hospital. Every follow up appointment with Dr. Violi was a pleasure. I will forever be grateful to her and the team of doctors and nurses for my amazing care. She is the doctor you want if you need the best kind of care! Also...let me add...she is not just your doctor...you are not just her patient...she is a caring, compassionate and comforting human being..truly amazing and a rare find! Danarose
Danarose Silletta – Jan 07, 2021
Dr. Violi and her whole team are wonderful. They are very professional, friendly, knowledgeable, respectful, caring and warm. I felt very fortunate that Dr. Violi always answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable and valued. She delivered safely and successfully my first baby boy this year in the middle of the pandemic. She was present for entire time after I started to push and had my baby 30 minutes later. I would highly recommend Dr. Violi and am very thankful for her and her staff.
Estefania Stanley – Nov 25, 2020
Dr. Violi and her entire staff made my first pregnancy feel special despite it happening during a health pandemic. They took great care to keep safety procedures in place while also maintaining a soft human interaction during each and every visit. When the time came for my scheduled C-Section, I knew I was in amazing hands. Everything went off exactly as planned and I have a beautiful, healthy daughter and was able to quickly heal and feel back to myself with a minimal incision scar. If I am lucky enough to get pregnant again, I will look forward to being under Dr. Violi's care again.
Sep 03, 2020
I have been a patient of Dr. Violi through 2 pregnancies. Both her and her entire staff are excellent. Dr. Violi has a calm and kind bedside manner. She was always available for any questions or concerns that I ever had. Her PA Lisa, the nurses, ultrasound techs and front office have all made my experience at Obstetrics and gynecology for women a pleasant one. I highly recommend this office!
Tracy – Aug 27, 2020
Dr. Violi is extremely professional and kind, and perhaps most importantly - she is the best at what she does. She has delivered both of my sons, with the most recent being about a month ago. She pays such close attention to each patient and truly has a gift. I saw her for my 39 week appointment and there were some early signs of labor, but nowhere near enough for me to go to the hospital. The next day, she called me saying she was working at the hospital and wanted me to come in just in case. I actually pushed back saying that I had no contractions and no signs of water breaking, etc. She called back again and said she really just had a feeling and encouraged me to come in. I went in and sure enough I was 3 cm dilated and my water had actually broken and was just very slowly trickling. She delivered my healthy baby boy that evening with no hiccups! She has made me feel calm during both births and has coached me through the pushing. I am so grateful to Dr. Violi and her staff!!
Aug 22, 2020
Doctor Violi is so professional, friendly and caring. She always comes to see you with a smile on her face. I went to see her throughout my pregnancy and had such a good experience. Her staff is amazing and very helpful. Their office is very clean and never crowded. You don’t have to wait to long to be seen like other places. They are very well organized. I highly recomend her.
Aug 17, 2020
(Cross-posting on different sites) I am one of those people who do not like going to doctors on a regular basis. During COVID, I was having problems that needed attention right away, and despite not being a patient at the time, I was able to get an appointment right away once I explained the situation. Every visit with Dr. Violi she was nothing but extremely patient and very sweet. All of the staff were very nice as well. Results were not what we hoped for and I needed surgery after a positive biopsy, but she took the time to make sure I understood what was and would be happening and scheduled me as quickly as possible for surgery. After surgery, I was awaiting results to see if it spread and she called me at night to give the results, which was awesome. Most doctors would have waited until the next day, but she didn't, which I truly appreciated. Waiting on potentially scary news is bad each day that passes so I appreciated the earlier news! Would highly recommend her!!
Kimberly A. – Aug 10, 2020
Dr Violi was fantastic and took me on as patient during the height of thecovid-19 crisis when I was desperate to leave the nyc hospital I was set to deliver in, but many doctors wouldn't even consider taking me on. She welcomed NYC transfers with open arms even at my advanced stage of 33 weeks. I was predisposed to a condition that caused my 1st to be born early and was nervous this would be problematic when switching to a new doctor so late in the game who didn't know my history. Turns out Dr Violi & her team took better care of me than my old docs! They were able to see me every week- sometimes even twice a week for blood tests to monitor my progress and I'm sure they'd have picked up on any abnormality. Dr Violi put my mind at ease during an extremely difficult time to be pregnant, during a global pandemic! She delivered my son Luke in a fairly routine c section at 39 weeks- which I was extremely grateful for given all the hysteria going on in the world. Thank you, Dr Violi!
Kristie D – Jun 21, 2020
Dr. Violi and her staff are amazing. They are always friendly and make you feel like part of a family. I was incredibly fortunate that Dr. Violi delivered all 3 of my babies-- (1 C-section and 2 VBACs)-- and during each pregnancy and delivery, i was well cared-for. Dr. Violi and her staff rose above and beyond when i delivered my 3rd child in May, 2020, during the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic in the New York area. I always felt safe and trusted through her guidance.
Nicole D. – Jun 11, 2020
Dr. Violi and Lisa have been really amazing throughout my pregnancy. They were always kind, thoughtful and very professional. I admire Dr. Violi's vast experience and totally trust her clinical judgment. She was with me throughout labour and guided me every step of the way. I was very well taken care of. Dr. Violi is the type of doctor that stands up for her patients and will always give you the best clinical advice. Her office has excellent staff. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. They make you feel understood and safe.
Alina – Jun 04, 2020
Dr. Violi has been my doctor for many years. Even when I relocated to NJ, I kept her as my OBGYN once I found out I was pregnant with my first baby. She has always been a very caring and wonderful doctor. I recently gave birth by C-Section 2 months early due to preeclampsia, and she came in on her day off just to perform my surgery. She visited me while I was recovering in the hospital just to make sure my baby and I were doing well. I have been very happy with her and the staff at her office and have always felt well taken care of. Highly recommended!
Lindsay – May 25, 2020
Over the 7+ (too long) years I was a patient there, they always spoke down to me. Five years ago, I had an IUD inserted and the doctor shamed me for being in pain - it was a scary experience as is and there was no bedside manner or attempt to ease the process. The wait AFTER undressing was also very long and uncomfortable (30 minutes). When my insurance provider changed I called them immediately so I could switch doctors. I emailed and didn't hear back from them for three weeks, so I called them again. The person I spoke to said there was absolutely no record of my email and that there was a fee for my medical records to be copied and given to me. Instead of apologizing for lack of communication regarding the fee, they held my records hostage and insisted I speak with the office manager when I came in to pick them up - I paid the fee and left. I am never going back there. They are unprofessional and showed no regard for me as their long-term patient.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Feb 28, 2020
At my 40 week appt Dr. Violi swept my membranes without telling me she would do so, roughly and during a routine cervical check. I realized that she had swept my membranes after describing the procedure/pain to a friend (I had never heard of it). I was jarred but otherwise fine, until I came to realize that she had inadvertently punctured my membranes during the sweep (slow leak of water to gush). By then 36 hours had passed and the baby was in distress with meconium in his fluid. Labor with Dr. Violi was rough, and baby was born with a fever that put him in NICU for 3 days. I did not schedule a postnatal appointment. Dr. Violi has called me to dispute this version of events, and stated that she would never sweep a woman's membranes without warning. However, another patient of Violi's told me that after her (relatively smooth) delivery, Violi informed her that she had swept her membranes at the last appt. Patient only found out bc of Violi bragging. Take from this what you will.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
DPS – Feb 27, 2020
Dr Violi is a very kind and pleasant person. My baby was in the transverse lie position and we were expecting the baby to change position closer to the due date. My baby flipped between oblique to the preferred heads down position and back in the last few weeks. I wanted a normal birth (not a C-section) and Dr Violi was hugely supportive in the last few weeks and encouraged me to do Yoga as per my preference. I finally had a normal birth. Dr Violi was right on time after the hospital made the call and she was very efficient and her expertise was clearly on display during the time she was with me for delivering the baby. She also mentioned that she had prayed for my baby to turn (from oblique to heads down) which was very sweet. Her clinic has a number of people who all smile and greet you warmly and therefore, the whole experience was a positive one during my pregnancy. Thanks a ton Dr Violi. Lots of Love!
Saumya – Jan 12, 2020
NEGLIGENT, Ruined my body. Steer clear of her. Called multiple times while in labor, she refused to go to hospital to meet me because I was 2 weeks early. Showed up at hospital and she still wasn’t there for hours. Had to have natural birth, when c section was the plan because of my body not being able to have natural. Ended up with a major infection that’s she then charged me every other day to see her for 2 months. She’s the worst.
Ariel – Nov 25, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Violi?

We take a tremendous amount of pride in the fact that we are a vital part of the Greenwich Community, providing comprehensive, warm and compassionate care...Read more

• Obstetrics & Gynecology