Dr. Cary Fitchmun, MD

Dr. Cary Fitchmun, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 46 years old

Since I was a child, I wanted to be a doctor. Now that I have been in practice for 14 years, I still look forward to every new work day. I believe that to diagnose and treat patients effectively a doctor must not only have excellent examination skills but takes time to listen compassionately and attentively. The best outcomes happen when patients actively participate in maintaining good health, preventing illness, and controlling disease. To do that, I provide my patients with solid medical information and treatment plans that are aligned with their needs and goals so they can make the best possible health care choices. In 1993 I graduated from UC Berkeley with honors and then attended UC Davis School of Medicine with a Regents Scholarship. After completing my residency in 2002, I joined Arroyo Medical Group and currently served as its medical director. I maintain board certification in Family Medicine, and I am an active member of The American Academy of Family Physicians and the California Academy of Family Physicians. I'm happily married with 2 children and enjoy surfing, swimming, hiking, and traveling in my spare time. Awards and Recognition Dean's List UC Berkeley Regents Scholar UC Davis Alumni Scholarship UC Davis Honors in family medicine UC Davis Cheif resident Glendale Aventist Hospital Memberships American Academy of Family Physicians American Medical Association California Medical Association Read more

Arroyo Medical Group, Inc
931 Oak Park Blvd Ste 101
Pismo Beach, CA 93449 Get Directions

My goal is to provide every patient with exceptional care tailored to his or her individual needs.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Fitchmun's Experience

See how Dr. Fitchmun's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fitchmun

Dr. Fitchmun accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Fitchmun has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Fitchmun
Dr. Fitchmun's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (15)
Arroyo Grande, CA |
Dr. Fitchmun is a wonderful GP! It's difficult to find a Dr. who is so well-rounded. He's has everything you want in what is unfortunately a dying breed of GP. He's rational, smart and thorough, serious but very personable. He listens to his patients and has a great bedside manner. He's genuinely interested in your well-being. He has been my Dr. for around 14 years and I give him the highest recommendation.
in Nipomo, CA |
Dr. Fitchmun has been our primary care physician for approximately two years and we feel so blessed to be under his care. He is tireless in his efforts to provide his patients with the best medical care possible. He is a very knowledgeable physician. He is patient, compassionate and truly cares. Did I mention that he is a very good listener? I must also commend his staff for their professionalism and caring ways. They are all my HERO'S!!
in Grover Beach, CA |
As I get older I find that it is important to have a doctor that cares about you. Dr. Fitchmun goes beyond the office visit. He has called me at home to see how I am doing after a tough day.I also have called him at home for advice about a medical problem. I know he cares about me and my health.
in Arroyo Grande, CA |
Dr Fitchmun was very knowledgeable and helped me with a serious condition that several other doctors totally missed. I am greatful to him and his wonderful staff.
in Grover Beach, CA |
I so appreciate it that he takes time to explain things to me. He is the best Doctor that I ever had. I have so much faith in him....I trust him - and.... this is saying alot.
in Nipomo, CA |
Excellent doctor - takes time to listen - very knowledgeable - best provider I've seen in this area.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
Dr. Fitchmun is, quite simply the best physician I have ever had. In a specific instance he saved me from grave medical harm by identifying a serious condition another MD had concluded was not serious. He did this by taking the time to listen to me and do a thorough physical exam and referred me to appropriate follow up care immediately. He is obviously in this business because he cares about his patients and enjoys his work. I cannot recommend him highly enough for his skills and compassion.
Have you seen Dr. Cary Fitchmun, MD?
Are you Dr. Fitchmun?

• American Academy of Family Physicians
  • American Medical Association
  • California Medical Association

Dr. Fitchmun's Care Philosophy

Dr. Fitchmun's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

• Alumni Scholarship UC Davis, 2002
    • Regents Scholar UC Davis, 2002
    • Dean's List UC Berkeley, 1993

Dr. Fitchmun has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fitchmun's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Mole
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Skin Diseases