Dr. Cary Chapman, MD

Dr. Cary Chapman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

I am a board certified orthopedic surgeon dedicated to the treatment of orthopedic and sports injuries as well as disorders of the foot & ankle. My care philosophy includes giving my patients the proper amount of time to come to an appropriate diagnosis and individualized treatment plans.

Dr. Cary Chapman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Chapman is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center and Staten Island University Hospital.

Dr. Chapman's Experience

See how Dr. Chapman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chapman

Dr. Chapman accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Chapman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chapman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chapman to family and friends
    3.6
    Dr. Chapman's Performance
    in Staten Island ny |
    My name is Dyan Hernandez. I am a patient of Dr. Cary Chapman. I was injured in a motorvehicle accident on in 2015 after cortisone shot & physical therapy did not relieve my pain Dr cary Chapman decided to performe arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder. I'm so thankful im able to use my arm and I'm healing he's the best ??
    in Staten Island,NY |
    After seeing a podiatrist & 2 top surgeons (Manhattan) it was found I had a 50% tear in my Achilles tendon.I hadn't been able to walk, go down stairs, and at times, sleep.In addition, having twin 5 year old girls, it was difficult for me to engage in any activities with them.I'm 61 years old & was told (because of my age) that rehab wouldn't help & I needed surgery.I then saw Dr. Chapman, who recommended a boot, heel lifts and 3 months of PT.I'm fine now! I highly recommend Dr. Chapman.
    in Staten Island N.Y. |
    I came into Dr Chapmans office suffering terribly with plantar fascia. Dr Chapman performed surgery and changed my hole outlook on the way a doctor can make a difference in someone,s life.I am truly grateful to Dr Chapman for making such a difference in my life. I highly recommend this fine young man to anyone having problems such as I had.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Chapman did a wonderful job repairing a ruptured tendon to my big toe. He also had to shave a significant bone spur/spike that had caused the rupture. I now have a small scar and complete use of my foot -- considering how much I walk, that's a major accomplishment. And, unlike the stereotypic surgeon, he has a pleasant, friendly "foot side" manner.
    in ROCKAWAY PARK, NY |
    Last June I fell five feet straight drop and broke my ankle, as I was down touched my foot no feelings, it was separated from my leg, I held my foot with my hand tight to my leg and held my leg with my arm, as I hopped 10 feet upstairs with my good leg, holding the rail with my other hand. I was taken to Richmond U Medical Center, where Dr. Cary B. Chapman performed surgery, four month later I can walk, run, with only occasional minor pain. Dr. Cary B. Chapman is a GENIUS!!!
    in Staten Island, NY |
    Extreme pain left heel spur. MRI was scheduled Dr. And myself went over my options and decide with surgery. Over two years in pain now pain free forgot what that felt like. Very easy to communicate with and staff is the same way. No problems 6 months after surgery.. I would highly recommend!
    in Great Neck, NY |
    We met with Dr. Chapman and found him to be caviler & uncaring. He prescribed a "boot" be worn on my son's right foot for 6-weeks to stabilize a condition that he could not identify or diagnose. The condition became worse after wearing the boot. When we returned to the office, he laughed and said..."oh you really wore the boot? Most of my patients don't even wear it" This guy is arrogant, uninformed and destined for a series of malpractice law suits over the course of less than shining career.
    in New York, NY |
    This is the worst doctor I have ever visited in my life. Don't ever go see him. He will make you worse off than when you started and he does not care about you at all. He is money hungry.
    in Monmouth Beach NJ 07750 |
    The best in both accuracy of diagnosis,surgical expertise and time spent with patient!Bob Conlin
    in Bayonne, NJ |
    Dr. Chapman and his staff were absolutely fantastic to me during the whole time of my treatment, before, during and after my operation. He eased my fears and was very kind which I so appreciated. Even three years later when I need a follow up exam for a minor problem, they remembered me and took great care of me. I would highly recommend Dr. Chapman!
    in Staten Island, NY |
    Dr. Chapman is a personable and caring doctor who listens well. I like his personality very much.He places more emphasis on patient care than patient payment. His staff is very attentive and professional. After having surgery on November 20, 2015, he has continued to provide excellent after care. I would definitely recommend him to others.
    in Staten Island, NY |
    Dr. Chapman was thorough, accurate and caring. Appointments are never rushed, all questions get answered and his prognosis has always been spot-on. Additionally, the office staff is patient and kind.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr Chapman is EXCELLENT. I found him via a referral from another physician for a second opinion. He confirmed that I had a torn plantar plate and surgery was the only course to correct the condition. I generally avoid surgery as I do not scar well, and heal very slowly, his recommendation was to wait as long as possible, until it became a quality of life issue. I returned several months later and he recently preformed the repair surgery. I could not be more thrilled with the results.
    STATEN ISLAND |
    He was fantastic as is his staff
    Have you seen Dr. Cary Chapman, MD?
    Are you Dr. Chapman?

Dr. Chapman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Chapman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Chapman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chapman's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • De Quervain's Disease
    • Elbow Bursitis
    • Elbow Sprain
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Femur Fracture
    • Foot Fracture
    • Foot Sprain
    • Foot and Ankle Disorders
    • Foot and Ankle Injuries
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Ganglion Cyst
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Limb Cramp

Graduated in 1992

• Other Education
      Roger A. Mann, MD Fellowship In Adult Reconstructive Foot & Ankle Surgery

Completed in 2004

Dr. Chapman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chapman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
    • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
    • Nerve Block, Somatic
    • Peripheral Nerve Block
    • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
    • Rotator Cuff Surgery