Dr. Cary Bortnick, MD

Dr. Cary Bortnick, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 63 years old

Dr. Bortnick specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Bloomingdale, IL. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Bortnick? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Bortnick's Experience

See how Dr. Bortnick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bortnick

Dr. Bortnick accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Bortnick has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Bortnick
Dr. Bortnick's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (73)
in Glenview, IL |
Very thorough and impressive knowledge of my condition
bloomingdale |
I have been a patient of Dr. Bortnick for almost 20 years. He is a fantastic, caring doctor. He listens to my concerns, understands my issues and talks honestly and openly with me about my health issues.
Dr. Bortnick is everything you would want from a physician-knowledgeable, professional, and pleasant. He seems to genuinely care about his patients' health and well being. He takes the time to listen to all questions and went above and beyond to explain things clearly and concisely. Furthermore, he treated me like a unique person rather than another slab of meat that he is required to jam into his busy schedule. Dr. Bortnick has my trust and I look forward to working with him to manage my healt
in northlake iI |
On time . Explains results. pleasant to talk with
in Glendale Heights, IL |
Dr. Bortnick is friendly and Medically inclined, very attentive and knowledgeable.
in Elgin , IL: |
Straight and honest. great bedside manners makes me feel like he really does care about my health. this Doctor knows his stuff. he saved my life 10 years ago by finding a failing heart valve during an exam. Dr. Bortnick listens to my concerns and always hands me a hand out on what he finds so I can read up on the illness and medication.
in Bartlett, IL |
I hit the jackpot when I found this doctor! The man listens to me, answers my questions and explains to me what I don't know & puts up with me. Because he cares for me so much, I care for him. His staff is professional, nice and fun when you poke them with a joke! I have NO plans of ever leaving this doctor. He is a busy man. Lots of people depend on him and he manages time with each one well.
in Forest Park, IL |
Dr. Bortnick has been my PCP for the last 25 years. I honestly do not know what I would do without him. He treats me as a brother, and I really feel like part of the family. He has always been there for me, whatever I needed. His staff has always been terrific, and very responsive to my needs. Access is never an issue, and we are truly partners in my healthcare. I would recommend him to anyone seeking the best in internal medicine, and have done many times.
in Bloomingdale, IL |
I've been a patient of Dr. Bortnick for about 13 years and very happy with his treatment of whatever medical problem I have. He listens to my concerns and comes up with solutions.
Wood Dale Il |
If it had not been for Dr Bortnick I could of had a stroke by now I'm 70 years old
in West Chicago, IL |
Every time I go into Dr. Bornick's office I am treated like a family member. His staff has great follow up and are a joy to be around. I know I am in good hands here.
in Roselle, IL |
Great bedside manner, attentive, upbeat personality
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bortnick has been my Physician for 24 years. I would trust him with my life ! He is very caring and personable and goes out of his way for his patients. I typically see him once every one or two months and he continues to manage about 6 ongoing chronic ailments that I have. I have been in the hospital 5 times for surgeries (elective, and hopefully past tense) and he would visit me every few days and manage my case. He has several times over the years seen me on short notice in an emergency.
Skokie, IL |
a brilliant diagnostician. good communicator who explains everything in his decision making.
in woodridge , il |
always treated very well by everyone short wait times easy to come in with no appt.
in Chicago, IL |
I have have recently changed dr.s since my doctor retired and now have Dr. Bortnick as my physician. Dr. Bortnick always spends quality time in addressing all my concerns and and really explains my current health conditions in a simple to understand way. Dr Bortnick always has a smile on his face and is very proffesional, the staff is always very accommodating and pleasant and they always help with any questions regarding upcoming tests that I may need or insurance coverage concerns.
in Glendale Heights, IL |
The office staff is very friendly, fast, and highly organized. Dr. Bortnick helps and cares for all his patients and their caregivers. gives complete instructions of conditions, explains it and coordinates with other doctors. would definitely recommend him for anyone wanting a no- nonsense- get-to-the bottom diagnosis.
in bloomingdale IL |
Dr Bortnick has been a true Marcus Welby type of extremely kind doctor. Free samples, going on hospital rounds 7 days a week , writing off bills when people cant pay, asking consultants to see patients when they cant pay, calling with all labs personally are just a few of the qualities he posesses
in Bloomingdale, IL |
Dr. Bortnick saved my life more than once. Without him I probably wouldn't be alive.
in Bloomingdale, IL |
Dr. Bortnick is a very caring and intelligent doctor. He is very thorough and gets to the bottom of any problem. I have been going to him for years and trust him implicitly.
in carol stream IL |
very happy with Dr Bortnick who has helped my diabetes greatly over the years
in Bloomingdale, IL |
Very knowledgeable and shows great concern for his patients.
in St Charles, Illinois |
Dr Bortnick has been my physician for many years. I find him professional, personable and easy to talk to. He will give a straight forward, honest answer.
in Bloomingdale, IL |
This doctor listens to whatever your problem is and is very knowledgeable in all areas of medicine. Always gets to the bottom of the issue.
in roselle IL |
7 years ago Dr Bortnick was at my side when I was recovering from a serious operation and drop on heart rate and he was there to save me and I will never forget that
in Chicago, IL |
He's graceful, he makes sure to explain everything to me about what's going on with my health, he takes time to listen to how I've been doing, I've had several doctors and he's the best I've ever had. I moved two hours away and I still drive all the way to see him, because he's such a good doctor.
in Bloomingdale, IL |
Great Doctor. Always gives you the information and is strait with me on what I need to do. He knows his stuff and shows up quickly at the hospital when you are in.
in Elburn, Illinois |
I have been with Dr. Bortnick for the last 20 years. Dr. Bortnick along with his staff have always been accommodating, and I would highly recommend his services.
in Gurnee, IL |
Dr Bortnick saved my mother's life as he went from the office to the hospital daily and coordinated her care with the consultants
in St Charles, Illinois |
Dr. Bortnick has been my family physician for many years, He is professional, personable and knowledgeable. He will give you a straightforward, honest answer to your questions. I would highly Recommend him.
in Chicago, IL |
I've had Dr. Bortnick since June of 2012 and can tell you he literally saved my life after having a second blood clot in my lung. I asked for an appointment online. His office got back to me within two hours and scheduled an appointment for me the very next day! Over these past years, he's helped me with other health situations--the best physician I've ever had. Not only is he highly professional, but is extremely knowledgeable as to how to treat certain problems. Can't say enough good things!
in Chicago , IL |
I have been going to Dr. Bortnick for over 20 years...he tells it like it is but always has time to explain things.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bortnick is a great doctor. I have no complaints.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bortnick has done a lot for me in correcting problems that I have than any other doctor has.
Highland Park, IL |
Long time patient of Dr. Bortnick's. Very professional and knowledgeable. Would 100% recommend this doctor to anyone. Dr. Bortnick is one of the only doctors who follows their patients to the hospital to make sure all is well. other doctors do not.
in Addison, IL |
Caring and Compassionate. Listens and gives wonderful advice. Highly recommended!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr.Bortnick has been my doctor for 17 years. He has always been very informative. Diagnosed and treated every problem with great care. I would reccomend Dr. Bortnick to anyone. Many years ago my mother was also a patient of Dr. Bortnick . The one thing she always talks about is how he saved her life when she got very ill. almost near death. I cant thank him enough for that. My father who has since passed on was also his patient and always had good things to say about him.
Chicago, IL |
Very professional, very personable, extremely approachable and patient oriented.
in Chicago, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Bortnick for over 20 years. He and his staff have always treated me with respect when dealing with any of my health care needs. When in need of recommendations for specialists he has always provided me with like professionals.
in Chicago, IL |
Have been going to him for over 25 yr, several family member also, can go to him and get a honest view.
in Itasca, IL |
He knows his stuff. He takes the time to explain all courses of action. If there are different viable solutions, he explains each one and explains why he recommends one course of action over another. Always treats me with respect and as an intelligent patient.
in Addison, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Bortnick for many years. He is very personable and caring. I consider him my doctor and a friend. My husband has also been his patient for many years. We trust him and enjoy being his patients !
in Elk Grove Village, IL |
I've been going to Dr. Bortnick for over15 years. I highly recommend him due to his overall knowledge, professionalism and willingness to take my occasional questions over the phone. I went to the hospital with chest pain about 10 years ago and Dr. Bortnick prescribed treatment that a cardiologist later agreed was the best course of action. That's just one of many examples of his base of knowledge.
in Bloomingdale, IL |
Dr. Bortnick is a great doctor who gets right to the point and his goal is to make you feel better.
Have you seen Dr. Cary Bortnick, MD?
Are you Dr. Bortnick?

Compare Dr. Bortnick

Dr. Bortnick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Dr. Bortnick does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Bortnick and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Autonomus University Guadalahara Mexico
    St Francis Hospital

• Polish

Dr. Bortnick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bortnick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Bortnick does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Bortnick and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.