Dr. Carter Beck, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Montana Neurological Associates 500 W Broadway St Ste 310 Missoula, MT 59802 Get Directions
Dr. Carter Beck, MD

Dr. Carter Beck, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Missoula, MT. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Beck is affiliated with Saint Patrick Hospital.

Dr. Beck's Experience

See how Dr. Beck's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Beck

Dr. Beck accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Beck is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Beck has admitting privileges.

Dr. Beck's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Beck to family and friends
Dr. Beck's Performance
Stevensville, MT |
words can not explain how happy I am with the care and surgical outcome I have from Dr Beck. I had surgery approximately 6 weeks ago, after approximately 10 years of saying I would never have back surgery. From the time I woke up from surgery my leg pain level has been 100% improved.
in Florence MT |
Dr. Beck looked over my MRI and explained very well what I needed done for surgery. Before and after surgery he was always making sure I knew what to expect. Thank you again, Keith
in Dover, NH |
Dr Beck is a fine surgeon committed to quality patient care and whole life outcomes. I did a lot of research, followed several of his patients and asked a lot of questions before flying across the country to be evaluated by him. He was definitely the surgeon for me. On the day of surgery he was prompt, reassuring, respectful, knowledgeable and approachable. He has followed my progress and been available for questions. I highly recommend Dr. Carter Beck and have no regrets having had him as my MD
Helena MT |
I am very grateful to have found Dr. Beck for removal of my spinal, synovial cyst.
in Helena, MT |
Awesome doc, had left leg pain coming from badly ruptured L 3-4. It was very difficult to walk, missed pheasant hunting season. Had out patience surgery at St. Pat's in Missoula, had wonderful care, the surgery was totally successful. If you are having back problems see this guy, he's great. Jim Sage
in Story, WY |
Awesome & Amazing what he did for me; did exactly what he said he would do, make it better. Had C5/C6 cadaver fused (17)yrs ago, big ordeal back than. With Dr. Beck for bi-level procedure; scews, plates, plastic disc, overnight stay & no collar. AMAZING! Very impressed & satisfied. Going back for lumbar issues. 11/17/16
in Hamilton, mt |
We would highly recommend dr beck to any family or friends, I was very satisfied with my surgery @ recovery, everyone was very kind and professional.
in Stevensville, Montana |
I am a 68 year old retired attorney with no history of back pain/injury. A water skiing accident disclosed a degenerative issue (stenosis) requiring immediate medical attention.Having researched neurologists in the NW region,I engaged Dr Becks services. He was personable and forthcoming in both his analysis of my medical condition and the possible outcomes of surgery.The surgery was successful. Dr. Beck is a consummate professional whose expertise improved the quality of my life and well being.
in Helena, MT |
I have suffered with cervical spine problems for many years and recently started having numbness in my left hand. Within a two month period my left hand was comptetly numb and my right hand was partially numb. Two days after seeing my MRI Dr Beck performed a posterior cervical laminectomy on C4-7. It has been six weeks and my life is almost completely normal again. I have full function of both hands and no pain anywhere. Highly recommend Dr. Beck if you have neurological problems.
in Belgrade MT |
Dr. Beck's innovative SI fusion treatment has relieved me from 35 years of daily SI joint pain. After confirming a diagnosis of my condition, surgery was immediately scheduled. I left the hospital post surgery on the same day, walking comfortably and able to resume normal activities within a week. Although I received prescriptions for pain medications, I found them unnecessary. Incisions healed quickly. After 2 months I am doing all of my normal outdoor field activities. Dr. Beck is tops!
in Ennis, MT |
My issues: numbness in feet and legs with harsh pain many times a day. Dr. Beck reviewed my MRI, identified the problem and proposed a procedure to fuse my L3 through L5 vertebrae. My husband and I had questions; he answered them clearly and professionally. I'm a week into recovery with NO numbness or leg pain. About the "arrogance" complaint in other surveys: there was none. We found a skilled, confident neurosurgeon who got the job done right the first time. I highly recommend Dr. Beck.
in Hamilton, MT |
I needed a ACDF I had damaged disc pinching my spinal cord causing years of miserable trouble. I saw two doctors previous to finding Dr, Beck. He answered my questions, explained what needed to be done, the risks, etc. I felt comfortable with him and I had read all his reviews. Confidence and an Ego is a good thing in my opinion. Surgery was a great success, I would recommend him highly to anyone. Great surgeon, knows his stuff!! You won't go wrong.
Missoula, MT |
Arrogant even though his surgery results were far less than satisfactory. When confronted with severe pain I was told to tough it out. Very cold and unsympathetic.
in Missoula, MT |
Dr. Beck performed two surgeries for me on a brain tumor and the reoccurrence. He was very kind, understanding, and sympathetic to my situation. He explained the side effects that could possibly happen. Dr. Beck save my life not once but twice. My reoccurrence Dr. Beck was the first to come to my aid. He took the time to understand me and I would recommend Dr. Beck to anyone. He is very knowable and kind. Dr. Beck is an outstanding doctor and surgeon and it was a privilege to have him work on me
in Missoula, MT |
He took all the time I needed, and answered all my questions,. He was very honest with me about my need for surgery, and the outcomes I could expect.. He called me promptly when I had questions after surgery. He is an excellent surgeon
in Missoula |
Not a good Dr. Arrogant
in Missoula, MT |
Dr Beck, Listened to my concerns when non other would. Because of that I was helped and can return to normal activity! I would recommend him to others! Thank You Dr Beck for Listening!
Have you seen Dr. Carter Beck, MD?
Are you Dr. Beck?

Compare Dr. Beck

Dr. Beck's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Montana not available

Dr. Beck has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Montana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Beck's Board Certifications

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

U Of Chgo Div Of Bio Sci Pritzker Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Beck does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Beck and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic