Dr. Carolyn Wasserheit-Lieblich, MD

Dr. Carolyn Wasserheit-Lieblich, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Carolyn Wasserheit-Lieblich, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Mount Vernon, NY and has been practicing for 33 years. She specializes in medical oncology and internal medicine.

NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester

540 Gramatan Ave

Mount Vernon, NY 10552

• EmblemHealth
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • QualCare
  • Three Rivers Provider Network

Learn about Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich

See how frequently Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Breast Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich "I am a medical oncologist at MSKCC's regional care facility in Westchester County. I came to MSKCC following many years of experience in academic oncology and clinical research. My research interest focused on novel agents in patients with solid tumors as well as innovative therapies in the treatment of breast cancer.

Since joining the MSKCC network, my focus has been on direct patient care. My primary area of expertise is in breast cancer. I am an active member of the breast cancer disease management team and regularly interact with other experts in the field. I also care for patients with other solid tumors including gynecological malignancies, gastrointestinal malignancies, lung cancer, and head and neck cancer.

At our facility, patients receive state-of-the-art care in a warm, friendly environment. I work closely with a multidisciplinary team including radiation oncologists, oncology nurses, a social worker, and a nutritionist to assure the optimal care for patients. We have a great deal of expertise in chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, and targeted therapies such as monoclonal antibodies. Supportive therapies -- including the use of growth factors, anti-emetics, and analgesics -- are also fully integrated into our approach. We provide access to clinical trials at the main campus, which offer patients the opportunity to receive cutting-edge therapies."

• Medical Oncology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Mount Sinai School of Medicine
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Mount Sinai School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich to family and friends

Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich's Performance

Very thorough and caring. Takes a lot of time with you, going over every detail of your record and treatment. Extremely knowledgeable and up to date in latest in treatment and research.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Wasserhiet -Lieblich, is by far one of the best Doctors! When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004, I liked her from the moment we spoke. She made a very difficult journey far easier to navigate. She is a very caring person and in my darkest days she brightened my spirit. Her...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I would highly recommend Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich. she is a wonderful caring physician. her diagnosis was accurate and her compassion was wonderful during my treatment for breast cancer. she was always available to answer my questions and address my concerns.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
It's hard to imagine going to the doctor to discuss cancer could be fun, but that's how I think about my time with Dr. Wasserheit. She just makes me feel at ease so that I do not dread the appointments. And besides being so pleasant, she's a great doctor and has handled my illness with such...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Wasserheit-Lieblich?