Dr. Caroline Morrison, MD

Dr. Caroline Morrison, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Dr. Caroline Morrison, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Naperville, IL. She is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

Dr. Morrison's Experience

See how Dr. Morrison's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Morrison

Dr. Morrison accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Morrison's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Morrison to family and friends
    Dr. Morrison's Performance
    in Naperville, IL |
    My experience at Naperville Psych and Caroline Morrison could not have been worse. I left the office in tears and am horrified by the treatment I received in this office. Naperville Psych and Caroline Morrison are concerned about generating revenue for their practice, not caring for their patients.
    We are very sorry that you had a bad experience with our office. Our medical or clinical director reviews each intake to match the patient's needs and schedule with the provider's experience/skills and availability. We make every effort to accommodate patients, but if we do not feel our providers are right for the patient, we have a responsibility to refer the patient to another practice or community resource.
    I was a patient of hers for 16 yrs. Capable, but mostly interested in making $$$$. Charged $140 for a 20 minute appt which could have taken 10 minutes as I was on a maintenance dosage prescription. She is very inflexible if you are even occasionally late to appts or have to cancel without being able to give her the unreasonable notice she requires. She will charge you a hefty cancellation fee and wants you to keep a credit card on file. NOT helpful in emergency! Staff is cold like doctor.
    I am obviously very sorry to lose you as a patient after 16 years. I wish I had had an opportunity to address your concerns. We do run our office on time in respect of our patients' time. We are very transparent and explicit about our late cancellation and failed appointment policies, as well as patient's financial obligations for treatment, which have unfortunately increased in this era of healthcare and insurance change. I wish you well in your continued treatment.
    Chicago, IL |
    Dr. Morrison listens to what you say but doesn't really offer solutions. Her conversation does not really seem on topic at times. If I was not already happy with my medicine plan (and didn't want to deal with someone trying to change it) I would probably seek a different doctor. The office is also very blunt about late payments - often adding stress.
    I hope that you will give me the opportunity to address your concerns at your next visit. I value my relationship with my patients and hope to create an atmosphere of openness and mutual respect.
    in Naperville, IL |
    She prescribed an adhd medication to me at a higher doses when I was clearly addicted to it. When I had terrible side effects (hallucinations) she told me to call 911 and then followed up with a letter stating she would no longer see me as a patient. A socially irresponsible doctor just trying to make money.
    I do practice evidence based medicine. I take any decision to terminate my doctor patient relationship very seriously and will only do so according to the ethical guidelines of my profession.
    in Chicago, IL |
    I wish I could leave zero stars. Horrible horrible service! Not only are the appointments costly but you get only 15 minutes to talk. If you miss an appointment your charged 150 dollars. They don't call for appointment reminders. Oh yeah let's not forget the receptionist Karen. she is a mean and extremely rude human being. It's shocking dr Morrison would even hire such a nasty person. Do not go to this place. EVER. I am a kind hearted but the treatment I received there was uneccrptable.
    My follow up appointments are typically 25 minutes. We do appointment reminders via email to protect patient confidentiality. We are very transparent about our late cancellation and failed appointment policies, as we run our office on time out of respect for our patients' time. I am very sorry that you had a negative experience and hope that you have found an office where you are more comfortable.
    Would not listen when I felt I was over medicated. Prescribed a med without disclosing serious side affects and withdrawal. Then dropped me as a patient when I sought a second opinion. I was on 4 medications and at the highest dose of each. She declined to refill any of these medications which forced me into withdrawal until I was able to find a new psychiatrist. Given my mental state, it took me a week to realize I should go to my GP in the interim. Very irresponsible, if not spiteful of her.
    As a physician, I always welcome a second opinion. However, I cannot continue to prescribe medication if another physician is also prescribing and adjusting the same medications, as it is simply not safe.
    in Warrenville, IL |
    She prescribed medication based on her morals and not what was needed. Horrible treatment.
    I do not understand how a psychiatrist would prescribe based on morals. I do practice evidence based medicine and will not recommend treatments if there is not adequate support in the medical literature for their safety or effectiveness. I wish you had given me the opportunity to discuss your concerns.
    Have you seen Dr. Caroline Morrison, MD?

Dr. Morrison's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
    •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Morrison has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Morrison's Board Certifications

• Psychiatric Diseases

University Of Missouri--Columbia School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1988

Rush Presby St Luke's M C

Dr. Morrison does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Morrison and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Morrison does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Morrison and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.