Dr. Caroline O. Abolade, MD

Dr. Caroline O. Abolade, MD

Psychiatry | Female | 51 years old

36 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

At Grace Point Behavioral, we believe in personalized care and do not consider the patient as just a file number. "I'm a physician first and foremost & I treat the patient as a whole person, not just as a psychiatric patient." We co- ordinate with your other physicians to complete your care when other clinical issues are identified in your evaluation.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Abolade's Experience

See how Dr. Abolade's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abolade

Dr. Abolade accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Abolade's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abolade to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Abolade's Performance
Auburn, AL |
i find her to be intimidating and very opinionated. she also speaks in a manner that makes you feel smaller than you already feel, atleast in my experience. I hate going to see her, it's very uncomfortable.
Montgomery, AL |
I find Dr. Abolade to be a well-informed, caring doctor. She always takes as much time with me as I need. She explains each medication to me with possible side effects. She answers my questions patiently and honestly. I feel very confident in her. After seeing two different therapists in her office, however, I think they leave a lot to be desired. They are kind, but not knowledgeable in helping people achieve some kind of coping skills with their problems.
I have seen her a few times. I feel she isn't compassionate or friendly. She doesn't take the time to really talk to you or get to know your individual needs. I think she doesn't care. She gets defensive when you ask her questions about medications and side effects. I think you should have a right to freely ask these questions. She just expects you to not question anything or have an opinion on your treatment. She also likes to prescribe too much medication in my opinion. I won't be coming back!
in Auburn University, AL |
she lastly prescribed me with lithium without even checking on me as to whether I've done blood work. The Lithium caused elevated anxiety and depression to a whole new level. However, she said it was symptoms of my illness. (I've never had these symptoms in my life). So she increased my lithium dosage but I decided not to take an increased dose. Something wasn't right. Then immediately decided to stop the lithium and all the symptoms went away. I was actually experiencing lithium toxicity. RUN!
in Elmore, AL |
In the few months that I have been treated by Dr. Caroline Abolade, I feel that I have received the best psychiatric help that I have ever received. The medication she has me on has helped me to handle the issues I have with a lot more ease. I feel very comfortable with her and she is very attentive to what is going on with me. I feel like she gives me the time & attention that makes me feel as if I'm the only patient there to see her. The staff is absolutely the sweetest group of people!
in MONTGOMERY |
I love this office. Office staff are very friendly. The office is very cozy and home like which i like, makes me feel comfortable where most offices are cold like and beautiful decor. Dr. Abolade is awesome, she tells you the truth not what you want to hear or just give you what you ask for because you said so, that was was a problem for me at first but i had to think about that because I am not the Dr., she is and that's why I came to her in the first place to help me not hinder me.
Columbia, TN |
I have been seeing Dr. Abolade for years and have always found her to be knowledgable, compassionate, and friendly. She involves her patients in decisionmaking for their health care, taking the time to explain fully the uses and effects of the various treatments she proposes. Her nurse Linda is second to none in listening to patients' concerns and feelings, always treating patients with compassion. I would trust anyone in my family to Dr. Abolade, and have previously recommended her to friends.
in Montgomery/AL |
Worse doctor ever even other doctors agree and so do many patients , only wanted to prescribe me millions of pills without really explaining or helping the issue the first set she gave me made my depression worse. Then when I went in a second time nasty attitude and only wanted to send me to the hospital when I wasn't even suicidal ... your the doctor so why won't you take the time to help me
We take our promise of care to our patients seriously and take every step to meet you at your point of need. On behalf of our clinic, I deeply regret that your last visit did not meet with your full satisfaction. In our experience, its usually from miscommunication issues. We would be glad to make this right for you should you wish to give us another chance.
in Montgomery, AL |
First, she did not have my $250 psychological test in front of her and had no idea what was on it. Then the office personnel looked at me like I bring that thing everywhere with me. She diagnosed me with Bipolar2, which mirrors ADD/ADHD. My psychologist told me based on his test that I did not have Bipolar at all, but Dr. Abolade did not have that information handy. She just wanted to go off her own diagnosis. She does not even look up. I was disappointed, heard great things about her.
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our service. On behalf of our clinic, I sincerely regret that your last visit did not meet with your full satisfaction. In our experience, its usually from miscommunication issues. In this situation, expected records from other providers did not arrive on time. Whatever the issues were though, please accept our apologies. Should you wish to give us another opportunity, we would be glad to make this right for you.
in Montgomery, AL |
Dr. Abolade listens. She and her staff have been very kind and helpful. The staff is very responsive in terms of scheduling and refills. I'm very happy with the care I've received here.
in Montgomery, AL |
Dr. Abolade uses extremely aggressive treatments with her patients without taking the time to truly get to know them well enough to diagnose them correctly. She literally only sees her patients for 10 minutes max. She asked me a question once and when I answered she told me she didn't believe me. What reason did I have to lie? I am here PAYING to get help! I saw her as a last resort because she was the first psychiatrist with an appointment available soon and it is one of my biggest regrets.
Thank you for your feedback. We take it is an opportunity to improve our service to our patients. On behalf of our clinic, I sincerely regret that your last visit did not meet with your full satisfaction. In our experience, its usually from miscommunication issues. Please accept our apologies. Should you wish to give us another opportunity, we would be glad to make this right for you.
Have you seen Dr. Caroline O. Abolade, MD?

Compare Dr. Abolade

Dr. Abolade says...

Dr Caroline Abolade graduated from medical school 27 years ago. Her experience has been in delivering both in - patient and outpatient psychiatric care. The last 10 years have been exclusively dedicated to what she loves doing the most - out patient psychiatric care.

She is a married mother of 2 boys. She enjoys reading, writing & traveling all over the world & discovering other cultures. The doctor sings - "to the best of my ability" - in her local church choir. She is originally from Nigeria, West Africa but after living in the south now for twelve years, she considers Montgomery, Al home & can say "Y'all" with the best of them!

Dr. Abolade's Care Philosophy

At Grace Point Behavioral, we believe in personalized care and do not consider the patient as just a file number.  "I'm a physician first and foremost & I treat the patient as a whole person, not just as a psychiatric patient." We co- ordinate with your other physicians to complete your care when other clinical issues are identified in your evaluation.

Dr. Abolade's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Abolade has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abolade's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Wayne State University

Dr. Abolade does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abolade and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Adult Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)