Dermatology  |
Dr. Carole Johnson, MD
I was born and raised in Kentucky. I moved from Bluegrass country to Wiregrass country in 1994. I practiced in Ozark, Alabama before moving my practice to Dothan. I am married to Taylor Flowers and I have one son, Caleb. I am an Episcopalian and actively involved in the Episcopal Church of the Nativity in Dothan. I am a member of the Alabama Dermatology Society and a fellow in the American Academy of Dermatology.

Dermatology Center South

2800 Ross Clark Cir Ste 2

Dothan, AL 36301

• Health Net

Learn about Dr. Johnson

Practices medical dermatology only for all ages. No cosmetic procedures offered.

Dr. Johnson's Experience

Dr. Johnson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Mole Removal
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Tennessee
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • University Of Kentucky
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Med University Sc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Med University Sc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Johnson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnson to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Johnson's Performance
Enterprise, AL |
I saw her several months ago and if you want her assistants to do procedures then go to her. She was in and out very quick!
This is Dr. Johnson. The only procedures my nursing staff performs are the clipping of harmless skin tags and the extraction of blackheads. This is standard protocol in dermatology offices everywhere. I perform all other procedures including biopsy, wart treatment, pre-cancer treatment, mole removal and skin cancer treatment.
Ozark, AL |
Dr. Carole Johnson is an amazing dermatologist. I came in for just a skin check, and she put my mind at ease about my spots. She is very knowledgeable in her specialty, and very thorough with her exams. She answered all of the questions and concerns I had. She is also so courteous and friendly. Her staff are very professional and courteous as well. I would recommend her to anyone!
Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words. I am glad you had a positive experience...... Dr. Johnson
in Dothan, AL |
Dr Johnson was patient and very friendly. She is doing her very best to help us. I believe we are on a regiment that will lead to success. She has been great to work with. Amy Edge
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am happy to participate in your family's care.....Dr. Johnson
Dothan, AL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Johnson to anyone looking for a dermatologist. Both her and her staff is very friendly and caring. Very thorough exam and very patient with answering all my questions.
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy you had a good experience, and I will pass on your compliments to my staff.....Dr. Johnson
Grand Bay, AL |
I have a history of melanoma. I went to her with 2 suspicious spots, 1 on back of my upper leg and 1 on upper arm. She assured me they're were fine, I questioned her because I knew they didn't look right. I went to a different dermatologist last Tuesday, 9/6, she saw the spots and immediately said "they have to come off" She took 3 spots off. She called me yesterday morning and said 2 of them were melanoma and 1 was basal cell carcinoma. She got me right in for surgery. DO NOT go to Johnson!!
in Brundidge, AL |
I've been a patient for several years with only good experiences. I was shocked when I saw her a few months ago. She did not wear gloves nor did she wash her hands in my presence. Also, patients no longer change to a gown. Exam is done going on skin up pants legs and under shirt. I did not feel it was a through exam. I pointed out my concerns which were treated. I recently found 2 new spots which I feel she should have noticed one of them. I wont be back.
I'm sorry you weren't offered a gown for your exam; we have them available. My sink is in the hallway outside of exam rooms, so no one sees me wash my hands, but I do so between each patient. I generally only wear gloves during procedures as it is important to feel and see spots when examining them. That is a standard protocol. I hope these answers address your concerns. I am happy to see you if you opt to return. If not, I wish you nothing but good health now and in your future......Dr. Johnson
in Dothan, AL |
She is a wonderful caring Doctor and her nurse Lisa is Doctor Johnson takes good care of my all of my pre cancerous spots.
Thank you, Ms Tadla!! I thank you for your compliment and I will pass Lisa's on to her....Dr. Johnson
in Dothan, AL |
I have seen Dr. Johnson on three occassions. I have found her to be professional yet personable. It was such a delight that she could make anyone feel at ease. I highly recommend her to anyone who is searching for a Dermatologist. Debbie Pierson
Thank you, Ms. Pierson! I truly appreciate your compliments and recommendation....Dr. Johnson
Have you seen Dr. Carole Johnson, MD?

Visit Dr. Johnson