Dr. Carol J. Ziel, MD

Dr. Carol J. Ziel, MD

Ophthalmology | Female | 61 years old

I like to involve my patients in their care so that I can provide the best care for them and achieve the outcomes they desire. I was a nurse before becoming a doctor. This has helped me be a better listener so that I can understand what my patients need and want.Read more

Personal Bio

ABOUT ME I work at the Duke Eye Center in Winston Salem, NC. I specialize in the surgical treatment of...Read more

Dr. Ziel's Experience

See how Dr. Ziel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ziel

Dr. Ziel accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ziel has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Ziel
Dr. Ziel's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (14)
in Winston Salem, NC |
I would not recommend Dr. Ziel, because of her insulting manner. A DMV employee told me that if my doctor would provide a note saying my vision was okay, I wouldn't have to go back for a retest. When I asked her if she'd sign such a note, she said No, that I should "just go on back to DMV," that if she signed that, she would wind up "signing all kinds of things." That sounds irrational, and certainly insulting--apparently five seconds of her time was more valuable than two hours of mine.
in Winston - Salem, NC |
I am three days post op of second cataract surgery with Dr. Ziel. I am absolutely thrilled with the results of the multifocal lens. Dr. Ziel was extremely professional and her confident style was refreshing. I highly recommend Dr. Ziel and her staff. My experience with the multifocal lens is beyond amazing. I have perfect distance vision, intermediate and close up. No more glasses for me. Thank you!
in Winston Salem, NC |
I would not recommend this doctor. My outcome following surgery was not good. The waiting time for every appointment varied from 1 to 3 hours. Others in the waiting room were also complaining. It seems to be routine b/c they have a white board on which they post how far behind the doctor is---when I had waited 3 hours they posted 1 hr and 45 mins late. I notice there are no star ratings for wait time. Charges far exceeded what I was quoted.
Have you seen Dr. Carol J. Ziel, MD?
Are you Dr. Ziel?

Compare Dr. Ziel

ABOUT ME

I work at the Duke Eye Center in Winston Salem, NC. I specialize in the surgical treatment of cataracts and glaucoma care.

Cataract surgery can now be used to help patients see better without glasses. I use toric lens that treat astigmatism, and use multifocal lens that help people see far and near without glasses after cataract surgery. I also do laser cataract surgery. By talking to my patients I can help them determine which lens will give them the vision they want after cataract surgery.

I also specialize in diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma using eye drops, laser treatment and surgery when necessary.

I like to involve my patients in their care so that I can provide the best care for them and achieve the outcomes they desire. I was a nurse before becoming a doctor. This has helped me be a better listener so that I can understand what my patients need and want. LANGUAGES I SPEAK English

Dr. Ziel's Care Philosophy

No stitch Cataract Surgery

Laser Cataract Surgey

Toric and Multifocal IOLs

Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment using eye drops, lasers, and surgery when necessary

Dr. Ziel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Ziel has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ziel's Board Certifications

Swedish Medical Center-First Hill Campus

Completed in 1992

University Of Ky

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Ziel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ziel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology
  • Glaucoma

• Clear Lens Surgery With Multifocal Implants
  • Dilation of Outflow Canal
  • Laser Cataract Surgery
  • Medical and Surgical Management of Glaucoma
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.