Dr. Carol J. Ziel, MD

Dr. Carol J. Ziel, MD

Ophthalmology | Female

Duke Eye Center/Winston-Salem 2025 Frontis Plaza Blvd Ste 100, Winston Salem, NC 27103 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I like to involve my patients in their care so that I can provide the best care for them and achieve the outcomes they desire. I was a nurse before becoming a doctor. This has helped me be a better listener so that I can understand what my patients need and want.Read more

Personal Bio

ABOUT ME I work at the Duke Eye Center in Winston Salem, NC. I specialize in the surgical treatment of...Read more

Dr. Ziel's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Ziel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ziel

Dr. Ziel accepts 8 insurance carriers

8 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ziel has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Ziel

Dr. Ziel's Review Details
2.6 based on 14 responses
Experience with Dr. Ziel
Dr. Ziel's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (12)
in Winston Salem, NC |
I would not recommend this doctor. My outcome following surgery was not good. The waiting time for every appointment varied from 1 to 3 hours. Others in the waiting room were also complaining. It seems to be routine b/c they have a white board on which they post how far behind the doctor is---when I had waited 3 hours they posted 1 hr and 45 mins late. I notice there are no star ratings for wait time. Charges far exceeded what I was quoted.
Have you seen Dr. Carol J. Ziel, MD?
Are you Dr. Carol J. Ziel, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Ziel

• Ophthalmology
  • Glaucoma

Why It Matters: Dr. Ziel's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Ziel says..

Cataract surgery can now be used to help patients see better without glasses. I use toric lens that treat astigmatism, and use multifocal lens that help people see far and near without glasses after cataract surgery. I also do laser cataract surgery. By talking to my patients I can help them determine which lens will give them the vision they want after cataract surgery.

I also specialize in diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma using eye drops, laser treatment and surgery when necessary.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases

Dr. Ziel says..

No stitch Cataract Surgery

Laser Cataract Surgey

Toric and Multifocal IOLs

Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment using eye drops, lasers, and surgery when necessary

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Clear Lens Surgery With Multifocal Implants
  • Dilation of Outflow Canal
  • Laser Cataract Surgery
  • Medical and Surgical Management of Glaucoma
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

University Of Kentucky

Swedish Medical Center-First Hill Campus

Completed in 1992

University Of Ky

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Ziel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ziel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ziel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Ziel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Ziel

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Ziel's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Ziel

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

ABOUT ME

I work at the Duke Eye Center in Winston Salem, NC. I specialize in the surgical treatment of cataracts and glaucoma care.

I like to involve my patients in their care so that I can provide the best care for them and achieve the outcomes they desire. I was a nurse before becoming a doctor. This has helped me be a better listener so that I can understand what my patients need and want. LANGUAGES I SPEAK English

Dr. Ziel's Care Philosophy