Integrative Medicine  |
Dr. Carol Harracksingh, MD
Carol Harracksingh is an obstetrician/gynecologist with unique training and more than 20 years of clinical experience. Her career in medicine and health sciences began with research in the field of molecular pharmacology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, from which she earned an M.D. degree. Dr. Harracksingh is a co-author of several research papers on anti-cancer agents, including Taxol. She completed her residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston and also a 2-year Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona, Tucson. Her training in functional medicine is from the Institute for Functional Medicine, Gig Harbor, Washington. Dr. Harracksingh is currently pursuing a master's degree in nutrition at Columbia University in New York. Dr. Harracksingh has been in private practice in Westchester County, NY since 1992 and is an Adjunct Clinical Professor of Ob/Gyn at Columbia University Medical Center, NY. Personal Story: As a young person, Dr. Harracksingh was fascinated by science and medicine. She was drawn to medicine, the healing arts and the complexity of nature. This strong calling to serve has been a dream come true. She seeks to promote change and health in her patients as she also explores her own balance of health at the same time. Dr. Harracksingh exemplifies health and is dedicated to good lifestyle medicine that makes sense. She understands the basic principles of health and healing such as the body's ability to heal itself as well as dietary and other lifestyle influences upon health. She has spent the last eight years studying with the leaders and pioneers of integrative medicine as they work to transform our healthcare system. She greatly thanks them as they continue to teach and inspire. To be successful in treating patients, Dr. Harracksingh reads and studies everything she can find on the subjects of nutrition, botanical medicine, bio-identical hormones, and others. This is a lifetime commitment involving her heart, mind and soul. Philosophy of Health and Healing: Dr. Harracksingh's mission as a physician and educator is to provide quality medical care that focuses on the whole person. Her approach is multifaceted and very individual as each person is unique in their own constitution and biological individuality. As she seeks to correct underlying imbalances in her patients, she integrates the latest scientific medical knowledge and gynecological advances with an understanding of the important role of nutrition, botanical medicine, bioidentical hormones, life style changes, and the body's ability to heal itself if given the proper environment. Her goal is to guide each person towards a state of balance and optimal health and take a proactive way to live life, not waiting for "bad" genes and other imbalances to express themselves and risk cancer or other chronic diseases. A nurturing environment is provided where each patient is treated with respect, listened to, given ample time to talk about their concerns and fears, and feel confident about what treatments they will be receiving. Dr. Harracksingh's mission: To motivate everyone to be responsible for their own well-being and long term health. Work Experience: Private practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology – Yorktown Heights, NY 1992 – present Creating an Integrative Functional Holistic Center: 2006 – present.

225 Veterans Rd

• MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Harracksingh

Dr. Harracksingh's Experience

Dr. Harracksingh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Integrative Medicine
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Integrative Medicine
  • Age Management Medicine
  • Women's Health Medicine

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

No malpractice history found for New York.

• A Einstein Col Med Yeshiva Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Long Island Jewish Med Center
  • University Tx Med School At Houston

Dr. Harracksingh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harracksingh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harracksingh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harracksingh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harracksingh to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Harracksingh's Performance
in Mohegan Lake, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Harracksingh for over 15 yrs. She is a very kind, compassionate and caring doctor who not only provides her patients with the benefits of her vast knowledge but genuinely listens to them and is interested in helping them feel their best. She is well educated in the latest developments in her field, always providing helpful reference materials to her patients .She is a doctor that I have l always trusted with my well being.
I have been a patient of Dr. Carol Harracksingh's for over 20 years. She has provided personal and individualized care through her compassion and kindness. Through the years I have seen her strive for higher education in her advanced training and knowledge. She is constantly attending seminars and conferences to advance her learning, most recently in the biological process of aging. She brings that knowledge back to the patient to create a specialized plan. i highly recommend her.
Yorktown Heights, NY |
Dr. Harracksingh is a very caring person, easy to talk to and listens carefully
Been Dr. H's patient 19 ys. Have to diaagree with negative reviews. Even when my insurance changed for a short period of time I wouldnt risk seeing another gyn and i paid the difference in coverage. She is to the point, aggressive in her attention to your case, and honest. Her staff is directed by her and she has her input on everything. I am not there to be friends with her, Im there for her expertise & devotion to womens health issues. She is intelligent and a straight shooter.
Cortlandt Manor, NY |
I have been going to Dr. Harracksingh for the past 18 years. She took care of me through both my pregnancies and I would trust her with any medical advice that I inquire about or that she gives. She is a humanitarian and is thoroughly knowledgeable in her field and is up to date with the latest medical advancements. I have been totally satisfied as a patient and would fully recommend her as a physician.
in Hopewell Junction, NY |
Dr. H has been my gynecologist for about 10 years now. She is the only gynecologist in the area who is holistic also. She not only tends to my gynecological needs, but has helped to optimize my thyroid medication. She treats and advises one on the whole person. I highly recommend her. Fran Nelson
in Yorktown Heights, NY |
Dr. Harracksingh is very attentive, sincere and knows her stuff. I have been under her Integrative Medicine protocol for over a year and I feel like I'm in good hands. I have seen dozens of doctors over the last 10 years, where I was told it was all in my head and i was depressed. Dr. H was very thorough in her testing and found my issues and is treating me for Lyme and other imbalanaces. I feel better than I have in many years and though it is a long journey, I am certain I will thrive.
in Cold Spring |
I simply have to put my two cents in here. There have been a few bad reviews of Dr. Harracksingh and I have to say that they definitely do not represent the level of care that she gives her patients. I have had Dr. Harracksingh as my doctor since 1994 when I was pregnant with my second child. She delivered three out of my four children and I have had nothing but excellent care from her. Yes, her bedside manner can seem abrupt, but she is no nonsense, telling you exactly what you need to do or
in New York, NY |
Very unprofessional! My worse experience ever.
in Cortlandt Manor, NY |
I would not. 16 years ago yes. from 3 years ago, definitely not. Her staff was not responsive and rude. could not get billing information. Billing issues. Doctor scheduled additional tests without explaining exactly why or coordinating with me or insurance for coverage. Would not release results from various test for me for almost two months after repeated phone calls and worry. Would not return my calls for results and queries. Never went back after this.
Have you seen Dr. Carol Harracksingh, MD?
Are you Dr. Harracksingh?

Visit Dr. Harracksingh