Psychiatry  |
Female
Dr. Carmen Gheorghiu, MD
Dr. Carmen Gheorghiu, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Aliquippa, PA.

Adagio Health

99 Autumn St

Aliquippa, PA 15001

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Gheorghiu

Dr. Gheorghiu's Experience

Dr. Gheorghiu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

Dr. Gheorghiu does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Education data for Dr. Gheorghiu is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Gheorghiu has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gheorghiu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gheorghiu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gheorghiu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gheorghiu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gheorghiu to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Gheorghiu's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Smart doctor who expects honesty. Is confident in her decisions. I truely respect her choices because I know nothing in this med field from school of Google as compared to her much wider, cultural education and residency in Harlem I'm guessing Quip, NB, BF, Beaver Co. make Harlem seem like a cake walk! From the other reviews here it seems others haven't had such success with her, but this dr. is a miracle for me.
Millbury, OH |
After over 10 years of relying on benzos daily I was given an oral drug test in my first appt. with her. by my third appt. she told me that my drug tests came back negative for any benzos and therefore I had to immediately stop taking them. Obviously I was in shock but she just gave me an annoyed stare from behind her desk with her dunkin donuts coffee in her hand because she just wanted me to leave. The month has been hell for me and I don't like being considered guilty until proven innocent.
Beaver Falls, PA |
She's a supercilious, condescending, spiteful woman who doesn't listen to her patients and expects them to be able to handle life situations like mentally healthy adults. If your medicines aren't working, instead of switching them, she would rather tell you you're not doing enough to help yourself. She doesn't know new psychiatric medicines (as a psychiatrist, it's your job to educate yourself about new psych meds). Also, she told me I can skip days when taking Strattera (you actually cannot).
in Aliquippa, PA |
Heir of superiority, combined with a truly ugly disposition; equals the worst experience with a doctor in any field, I have ever had the misfortune of encountering. To call her arrogant, condescending, and conceited, is an understatement. While it does truly pain me to post negative comments about any service provider, I could not in good conscience recommend this doctor to anyone for any reason. I have honestly never met a worse person, let alone a doctor sworn to help those in need.
in beaver falls, pa |
She over-prescribed for me and just kept adding pills for any side effects. Go to western psych in beaver. Much better psychologists!
in Wexford, PA |
She is very closed-minded and extremely confident in her decisions. Prescribed HUGE doses of the wrong class of drugs for the condition and hardly ever asked for important details about how I was feeling, the DSM-V can only tell you so much. She also smokes cigarettes and treats addiction, food for thought.
in Pa |
She is very helpful. I sleep better and my mood is improved. She listens and she is very professional. Highly recommend.
in Beaver Falls, PA |
All I care about is money --Carmen Gheorghiu MD I am always right --Carmen Gheorghiu MD That about sums it up but, please allow me to indulge. Agreed, she does not listen and has her own narrow point of view. The Primary Health Network she practices at I have had a traumatic experience. As a mental health patient dealing with depression and anxiety disorders, I was humiliated by the staff. PHN is medical clinic, when it comes down to it do not expect to be treated well.
Beaver Falls, PA |
She didn't listen. She prescribed anti-opiods when the problem was not chemical dependency. She didn't listen, and was very judgemental
Have you seen Dr. Carmen Gheorghiu, MD?
Are you Dr. Gheorghiu?